Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Steele on Morrow  (Read 4903 times)

tower912

• All American
Steele on Morrow
« on: November 27, 2018, 08:16:17 AM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2018/11/26/marquettes-ed-morrow-strong-against-louisville/2114840002/

Pretty boilerplate.    Trying to find his place on a team of shooter.     Takes time to adjust.   Team needs his physicality, defense, toughness, rebounding.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

skianth16

• All American
Re: Steele on Morrow
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 11:16:54 AM »
He trusts the process. While I'm glad he's not getting frustrated (at least not outwardly), I hope he's able to find his footing by Dec 8. Theo still has foul issues, so we're going to need Morrow against Happ.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 11:19:52 AM »
I still believe Morrow is the key for successful season. He showed some signs of hope the last couple of games.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 11:22:02 AM »
He trusts the process. While I'm glad he's not getting frustrated (at least not outwardly), I hope he's able to find his footing by Dec 8. Theo still has foul issues, so we're going to need Morrow against Happ.

All 3 will be used against Happ.     I am more worried about getting Chartouny going than Morrow.    If Morrow is playing poorly, Theo, Matt, Joey, Brendan.... we all know how many tall guys we have this year.     If Chartouny plays poorly, there really is no other option until Greg gets back.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 12:30:44 PM »
The story of morrow is the story of our team. Talented, Knows and likes the people and the process...just trying to make it work together on the court in the game. Morrow is starting to find his place. MU is starting to find its place. Better days to come for him and team.

Morrow will finish nonconf fine and be a good piece of the puzzle.

The key for MU is to come out of nonconference with a viable record. I think minimum 1 win against the three ranked left and sweep the others.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 12:53:07 PM »
The story of morrow is the story of our team. Talented, Knows and likes the people and the process...just trying to make it work together on the court in the game. Morrow is starting to find his place. MU is starting to find its place. Better days to come for him and team.

Morrow will finish nonconf fine and be a good piece of the puzzle.

The key for MU is to come out of nonconference with a viable record. I think minimum 1 win against the three ranked left and sweep the others.

1-2 against K State, Wisco and Buffalo would not be a very good result.  MU may need 11 BE wins to feel comfortable there.  Too early to know for sure, but I think we pretty much need 2 of those 3, plus all the cupcakes.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 01:42:39 PM »
No matta how you get there, a 9-4 non-conference would be a disappointment. We can recover with a strong performance in Big East play, but I certainly wouldn't be pleased with the results.

Hard to know where we are at. We lost the two most difficult games of the non-conference schedule, and we won one of the easiest or second easiest non-cupcakes of the non-conference schedule. The remaining three cupcakes will give us a clearer picture of who we truly are.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 01:45:02 PM »
No matta how you get there, a 9-4 non-conference would be a disappointment. We can recover with a strong performance in Big East play, but I certainly wouldn't be pleased with the results.

Hard to know where we are at. We lost the two most difficult games of the non-conference schedule, and we won one of the easiest or second easiest non-cupcakes of the non-conference schedule. The remaining three NON cupcakes will give us a clearer picture of who we truly are.

I think this is what you meant. 

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 01:46:31 PM »
1-2 against K State, Wisco and Buffalo would not be a very good result.  MU may need 11 BE wins to feel comfortable there.  Too early to know for sure, but I think we pretty much need 2 of those 3, plus all the cupcakes.

I agree the math is pretty tight. 9-4 + 11-7 (what i think we finish with) = 20-11 with 2+ quality wins and assuming no bad losses....And we are in. But it’s not what I hoped for at beginning of season. Certainly am tired of the bubble math. You are right we really need (and can get) 2.

Corrected for 13 not 12 NC
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 01:49:21 PM by MUBigDance »

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 01:54:31 PM »
I agree the math is pretty tight. 8-4 + 11-7 (what i think we finish with) = 19-11 with 2+ quality wins and assuming no bad losses....And we are in. But it’s not what I hoped for at beginning of season. Certainly am tired of the bubble math. You are right we really need (and can get) 2.
We play 13 non-conference games. 9-4 would most likely mean we are not going to make the NCAA tournament. I still hope we can go undefeated (19-0) at home and any more than two losses at home would be a big disappointment for me.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 02:01:36 PM »
We play 13 non-conference games. 9-4 would most likely mean we are not going to make the NCAA tournament. I still hope we can go undefeated (19-0) at home and any more than two losses at home would be a big disappointment for me.

The tournament can definitely still be made with a 9-4 non-con, but it eliminates pretty much all room for error.  I would think we'd need 11 wins in BE play to feel OK about a bid. 

Let's just win out the regular season and it won't be a problem.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 02:53:02 PM »
9-4 and 11-7 will be comfortably in.  I think 9-4 and 10-6 gets it done.

But I'm betting either 9 or 10 non-con wins and 12+ BE wins.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 03:08:13 PM »

The downside is the league. Obviously NET is currently flawed, but if we assume 9-4 I would assume the one win is Buffalo. If kenpom were taken as gospel, that would mean zero Quadrant 1 non-con wins and only 2 opportunities at home (Villanova & Butler).

I think to really feel safe 11-7 might not be enough because that would potentially mean only 1-2 Quadrant 1 wins. If we don't get one of KSU/UWM, we might need 12-6. I think that's potentially doable, but feels like a steep hill to need.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 03:08:34 PM »

So confident, that MU won't even play the last 2 games!

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 03:14:20 PM »
The tournament can definitely still be made with a 9-4 non-con, but it eliminates pretty much all room for error.  I would think we'd need 11 wins in BE play to feel OK about a bid. 

Let's just win out the regular season and it won't be a problem.

Can't not make it if you never lose again. I like this idea. 5J understands a culture of winning. Should do consulting work for Wojo and the team.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 03:16:47 PM »
I can see where people would be disappointed with 9-4 coming into the season, and I agree 10-3 or 11-2 sounds a heck of a lot better, but I also think Buffalo, WI and KState are all as good or even better than projected coming into the season. You can't ignore that in assessing the team now versus coming into the season. That said, we have nice opportunities for some real quality wins with the benefit of being at home. At least 2 out of 3 is a reasonable expectation if this team is for real. A win tonight (hopefully comfortably) and Saturday would start to build some nice momentum. Saturday is huge in what should be a fired up stadium! Looking forward to it.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 04:39:53 PM »
Put the Milkman on Happ.  #donedeal
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »
Can't not make it if you never lose again. I like this idea. 5J understands a culture of winning. Should do consulting work for Wojo and the team.

8-) Thank you! I’ve got the keys!

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 09:05:44 AM »
All 3 will be used against Happ.     I am more worried about getting Chartouny going than Morrow.    If Morrow is playing poorly, Theo, Matt, Joey, Brendan.... we all know how many tall guys we have this year.     If Chartouny plays poorly, there really is no other option until Greg gets back.

Happ had 19 points in win over NC St. All of them were either in the paint or at the FT line. .....where, oh by the way, Happ is shooting 12 of 24 at the FT line this year, after shooting 55% last season. Need to force him to shoot FT’s when necessary.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:00:00 AM by shoothoops »

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 08:55:58 AM »
Just got to keep him away from the hoop. Push him outside.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2018, 10:50:36 AM »
Just got to keep him away from the hoop. Push him outside.

Huh?

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2018, 04:24:14 PM »
Talking about Happ.

feedback