[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: OT DirecTv MLB ? for Chicos  (Read 2957 times)

The Lens

• All American
OT DirecTv MLB ? for Chicos
« on: April 07, 2007, 01:48:20 PM »
Chicos, I was under the impression your deal with MLB was exclusive.  Why were they able to let INDemand match it?  It seemed that DirecTv's big price tag was done in part b/c of exclusivity.

Also how does Sen John Kerry think he has a case in regards to MLB but D-TV is the only carrier for NFL Sunday tik?

thanks,

DKCL
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
What day would be complete ...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 03:51:33 PM »
... without reading ChicosBailBonds make reference to, schill for or make other efforts to promote his employer?

I know DamonKeysContactLens, not ChicosBailBonds, introduced the topic of DirecTV this time, but is this really the forum for generating more subscribers for DirecTV?

At least this time, the topic requires ChicosBailBonds to explain the shenanigans over at DirecTV HQ. So come on, ChicosBailBonds, tell us: What gives with the whole "exclusivity" deal that supposedly exists between Major League Baseball and DirecTV? Is it some sort of ruse or scam? Is DirecTV playing fast and loose with the facts in an effort to take more money from more subscribers?

The consuming, baseball-watching public wants to know, ChicosBailBonds: Is DirecTV up to no good? Is this another case of "buyer beware?"

All right, I really do not care in the least about this topic or about DirecTV? I was just sitting at home and felt the need to respond to another "DirecTV" thread on a Marquette basketball site.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: What day would be complete ...
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 03:56:41 PM »
... without reading ChicosBailBonds make reference to, schill for or make other efforts to promote his employer?

I know DamonKeysContactLens, not ChicosBailBonds, introduced the topic of DirecTV this time, but is this really the forum for generating more subscribers for DirecTV?

At least this time, the topic requires ChicosBailBonds to explain the shenanigans over at DirecTV HQ. So come on, ChicosBailBonds, tell us: What gives with the whole "exclusivity" deal that supposedly exists between Major League Baseball and DirecTV? Is it some sort of ruse or scam? Is DirecTV playing fast and loose with the facts in an effort to take more money from more subscribers?

The consuming, baseball-watching public wants to know, ChicosBailBonds: Is DirecTV up to no good? Is this another case of "buyer beware?"

All right, I really do not care in the least about this topic or about DirecTV? I was just sitting at home and felt the need to respond to another "DirecTV" thread on a Marquette basketball site.

Are we up to no good?  We had exclusivity until Wednesday night when InDemand matched our offer.  This is why you see no claims from us that we are exclusive.  I'd be happy to explain it but your sarcasm is noted, I would invite you to read any of the 2000 stories on it in the past 2 days on the Wall Street Journal (blasting Senator Kerry and others) or NY Times, LA Times and many smaller papers if you want the entire story.

Damon...I'll happily respond to you privately, I'd hate for someone to not have the collective control over his/her body to be unable to skip a message which apparently some are incapable of.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/05/sports/baseball/05direct.ready.html?ref=baseball
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 04:01:39 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

The Lens

• All American
Re: OT DirecTv MLB ? for Chicos
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 03:57:05 PM »
Dude, I put OT in the title...I also clearly labeled the topic, its not like I said TC to A&M to make you click on it.  How in the world does having your eyeballs momentarily glance at "OT DirecTv MLB ? for Chicos" ruin your MU Hoops board experience.  

And yes I know there is an OT board but my sense is that traffic there is low and selfishly I wanted the easiest forum for Chicos to see it.

Sorry to ruin your saturday.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Lens

• All American
Re: What day would be complete ...
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 04:01:17 PM »
Damon...I'll happily respond to you privately, I'd hate for someone to not have the collective control over his/her body to be unable to skip a message which apparently some are incapable of.

Thanks Chicos...I think I've inflicted enough pain on MU Ave...a PM would be great. 

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Just being a smart-aleck, fellas
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 04:11:44 PM »
But you must admit, there is a fair amount of "DirecTV" on this site and on others dedicated to MU hoops.

No hard feelings?

slingkong

• Team Captain
Re: OT DirecTv MLB ? for Chicos
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 08:46:12 AM »
The exclusive deals with DirecTV are pure BS. I can't put all the blame on DirecTV since they're just taking advantage of what the leagues want to do - exclusivity in exchange for exhorbitant rates. It's product tying in an anti-competitive sense, plain and simple. Unfortunately, MLB has an inexplicable antitrust exemption and it sure seems like the NFL does as well, at least implicitly, so they basically bet carte blanche to screw the consumer as they wish. I'm OK with Congress getting involved because of that.

feedback