[Today at 09:42:25 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by #UnleashSean
[Today at 09:35:14 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SI: DJ should and will stay in college  (Read 3050 times)

Pakuni

• All American
SI: DJ should and will stay in college
« on: April 03, 2007, 02:52:21 PM »
Dominic James, So., G, Marquette
James is explosive off the dribble and is a tremendous leaper despite being just 5-11. He needs to prove that he can shoot consistently from the outside, but if his rise continues, he could be a future first-round pick.
What He'll Do: Stay

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/bj_schecter/04/03/stay.go/index.html

MUEng92

• All American
Re: SI: DJ should and will stay in college
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 04:53:55 PM »
Also in SI: The sky is blue.

Sorry, but is there honestly any doubt on this topic?  Why would DJ even warrant a mention in that article?

There is enough doubt around MU on other topics... not this one.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 05:27:45 PM »
If Noah, Horford and Brewer could stay in school last year then DJ sure as heck should stay in school this year.  Coming out early is for can't miss prospects who's stock isn't going to go any higher or kids that are so desperate for money or can't hack it in school so they must come out.  DJ has potential, lots of kids have potential.  I think Crean needs to look him in the eye and say "Dominic, there is not much for you to gain by leaving now and the team and I really want you to come back."  You can bet the Gray, the Gator 5, Hibert, Tucker and the 40 or so other talented guys that stayed last year did so because their Coach told them he wanted them to stay.  There is nothing wrong with playing the loyalty card.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 05:53:37 PM »
He's not going anywhere.  If he did decide to jump to the pros, he'll end up riding the bench like Travis and Steve.  And he's not even 1/3rd of the shooter that they are.  He's staying

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 06:02:16 PM »
Also in SI: The sky is blue.

Sorry, but is there honestly any doubt on this topic?  Why would DJ even warrant a mention in that article?

There is enough doubt around MU on other topics... not this one.

Depends, NBA DRAFT.NET has him at #41 right now.  I wouldn't leave for that as your contract isn't guaranteed, but we've seen a lot of student athletes at various universities make some silly decisions.

herboturbo

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 08:17:28 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he tests the waters this year.  You never know if a GM would warm up to him or not during the draft camps
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 08:19:24 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he tests the waters this year.  You never know if a GM would warm up to him or not during the draft camps

he'll test the waters......he should.  the draft is thin at PGs and if he blows up he might get a shot. worst case?  he can figure out what he needs to do to strengthen his game

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 07:06:10 AM »
he not only needs one year, he needs two, before trying the NBA. There were at least eight point guards I saw in the tourney who right now are as good or better NBA prospects. DJ's a smart kid. He'll stay.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 07:16:35 AM »
he not only needs one year, he needs two, before trying the NBA. There were at least eight point guards I saw in the tourney who right now are as good or better NBA prospects. DJ's a smart kid. He'll stay.

I think he will too.......but i think he'll declare, explore and ultimately return.

I agree that many others are ahead of DJ in the pecking order - - but its unclear how many of them will declare for the draft......absent those talents, DJ might look pretty good to some team late in round one if he blows up in the predraft camps.  I dont think that will happen

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 06:35:38 AM »
Dominic james will have to learn how to shoot alot more consistantly...personally I think he is overrated...he had such a slump at the end that he killed his chance in leaving. The only way he would go to the draft if the season had ended right after they played Duke. I think that Mcneal is way more vaulable to the team then James!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 06:20:12 PM »
DJ should and will stay in college...to work on his shot.
SS Marquette

feedback