'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mor Darryl  (Read 17415 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: Mor Darryl
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2022, 02:07:58 PM »
Not really but OK.

It was a bad call at the end but it doesn’t really matter. MU was shooting 1 and 1 if the right call was made. Refs were terrible all day including many calls against MU. MU benefitted at the right time but the benefit was minimal. Shooting free throws for the win regardless.

Wasn’t a shooting foul. Result likely the same and the refs were altering the game all day.

Edit: it’s okay for people to admit the shooting foul was the wrong call. It is also okay to admit that the refs were bad today and the result is likely the same if the last play was called correctly.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:10:42 PM by BM1090 »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2022, 02:08:23 PM »
Willard had the right to be pissed. Terrible call on that last shot.

SHU has relinquished ability to complain about that based on calls from this game alone. Let alone our priors against them.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2022, 02:08:29 PM »
4. We'll see more of that. Also, TK is not the same player vs. zone defenses.
6. It's not you. And it absolutely has to improve.
9. Breeding.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2022, 02:12:19 PM »
It was a bad call at the end but it doesn’t really matter. MU was shooting 1 and 1 if the right call was made. Refs were terrible all day including many calls against MU. MU benefitted at the right time but the benefit was minimal. Shooting free throws for the win regardless.

That call may or may not have been a foul, but Stevie Mitchell getting rolled over was a worse call.  They even out I Guess.  I still do not see why the defender fouls all the time when the O player jumps right into the defender. Makes no sense, happens every game

Wasn’t a shooting foul. Result likely the same and the refs were altering the game all day.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2022, 02:17:59 PM »
I agree the refs were all over the place. What always confuses me is saying "college refs." People saying this - do you also follow the NBA closely? Go on Twitter or any NBA forum - the conversation is dominated by how badly the refs performed. If you attend a High School game - conversation in the stands is usually about how poorly the refs perform. And so on.

The modern game appears to be impossible to call with accuracy and the best we can hope for is that calls even out throughout the game and year.

One clear solution. Robo-refs.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2022, 02:19:34 PM »
No he wasn’t. He jumped forward into Aiken which isn’t a foul.

It’s OK to acknowledge that MU got the benefit of a bad call.

Is it OK for you to acknowledge that Seton Hall got the benefit of a bad call on the missed hand grab?

Where you lose credibility is harping on something while ignoring the other part.

Yes, you have acknowledged the “hand grab” about ten times. But, that doesn’t deter you from focusing on SH getting screwed and not Marquette getting screwed. You simply want to focus on your agenda because that’s the hill you’ve chosen to die on. And like all the other hills over the years, you’ll conveniently ignore facts or minimize them while solely defending the flag you planted. You may have acknowledged it 10 times, but you didn’t include it in your initial comment on this thread. That makes your statement intellectually dishonest and misleading.

It’s a shame really, because you lose so much credibility that people start to ignore your content.

You could easily have said in this thread at the beginning,

“That last play was a disaster. Aiken got away with a grab and then Elliot got bailed out with a bad call.”

But that wouldn’t be consistent with being reasonable about your position, would it?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2022, 02:21:39 PM »
MUCam

Fluff with credibility on basketball? That made my day. Actually, the victory and winning my bet made my day, but thanks for the laugh.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2022, 02:26:50 PM »
It’s nice to argue about the semantics of a foul again instead of calling for a coaches head

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2022, 02:28:18 PM »
Is it OK for you to acknowledge that Seton Hall got the benefit of a bad call on the missed hand grab?

Where you lose credibility is harping on something while ignoring the other part.

Yes, you have acknowledged the “hand grab” about ten times. But, that doesn’t deter you from focusing on SH getting screwed and not Marquette getting screwed. You simply want to focus on your agenda because that’s the hill you’ve chosen to die on. And like all the other hills over the years, you’ll conveniently ignore facts or minimize them while solely defending the flag you planted. You may have acknowledged it 10 times, but you didn’t include it in your initial comment on this thread. That makes your statement intellectually dishonest and misleading.

It’s a shame really, because you lose so much credibility that people start to ignore your content.

You could easily have said in this thread at the beginning,

“That last play was a disaster. Aiken got away with a grab and then Elliot got bailed out with a bad call.”

But that wouldn’t be consistent with being reasonable about your position, would it?

SHU got screwed at the end.  Pretty obviously. If pointing that out makes me lose credibility then 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2022, 02:29:38 PM »
Let’s also not forget SH essentially got a redo on the final inbounds play. Don’t think I’ve seen a redo before.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2022, 02:30:19 PM »
I don’t think 1-1 guaranteed victory. Greg missed the first of his 3 FTs. I’m sure mentally it’s different shooting 2 rather than a 1-1.

I’m not going to complain. We’ve had our share of bad calls against us. And our share of bad calls for us. Glad this one went our way.

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2022, 02:30:22 PM »
SHU has relinquished ability to complain about that based on calls from this game alone. Let alone our priors against them.

There weren’t any priors against them. Yet more Scoop myth.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2022, 02:31:38 PM »
Let’s also not forget SH essentially got a redo on the final inbounds play. Don’t think I’ve seen a redo before.

Eh, it was pretty clear that Breeding told the SH player could run the baseline on the inbounds.

Which, is bad reffing in and of itself, but I get the do over.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:33:26 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

panda

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2022, 02:32:08 PM »

SHU got screwed at the end.  Pretty obviously. If pointing that out makes me lose credibility then 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Did they get screwed when the refs called a foul on Morsell for doing the same thing Aiken did a couple minutes before ?

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2022, 02:33:14 PM »
Eh, it was pretty clear that Breeding told the SH player could run the baseline on the inbounds.

Yes. The refs screwed that up.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2022, 02:33:55 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2022, 02:34:05 PM »
Guys, guys, guys

Fluff has cleared up the last foul, and basically all calls, and it is time to move on. I am not sure why all of you are not thanking Fluff for the lesson and be thankful they won a game that they stole from SH.

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2022, 02:34:20 PM »
Did they get screwed when the refs called a foul on Morsell for doing the same thing Aiken did a couple minutes before ?

It wasn’t the same thing.  Mosells foul was soft. Aiken’s wasn’t a foul.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2022, 02:34:47 PM »
There weren’t any priors against them. Yet more Scoop myth.

Theo remembers

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2022, 02:35:10 PM »
It was a nice change of pace to not have Myles Cale torch Marquette for once.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2022, 02:35:17 PM »
I don’t think 1-1 guaranteed victory. Greg missed the first of his 3 FTs. I’m sure mentally it’s different shooting 2 rather than a 1-1.

I’m not going to complain. We’ve had our share of bad calls against us. And our share of bad calls for us. Glad this one went our way.

?

Greg shot 2 FT

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2022, 02:35:22 PM »

Which, is bad reffing in and of itself, but I get the do over.

He definitely did.

I just didn't know the ref could waive off a call because of bad advice though.

Seems like a very fine line.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2022, 02:35:36 PM »

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2022, 02:35:40 PM »
Guys, guys, guys

Fluff has cleared up the last foul, and basically all calls, and it is time to move on. I am not sure why all of you are not thanking Fluff for the lesson and be thankful they won a game that they stole from SH.

It’s amazing how obsessed you are with me. This is the third time you have made it personal in this topic. It’s really sad you can’t be more coherent here. 

panda

• All American
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2022, 02:35:43 PM »
It wasn’t the same thing.  Mosells foul was soft. Aiken’s wasn’t a foul.

Lol - don’t get dizzy with all this spin.