[May 13, 2024, 07:04:22 PM]

Ben Gold's summer by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 05:58:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 04:33:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mor Darryl  (Read 17410 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Mor Darryl
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2022, 04:29:19 PM »
But you can go to 8:15 here.  Watch the replay.  Not even close to a foul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=588xnJ7IQN4

We get it. There was a foul during the play. Just not the one called. It doesn't matter. We would have shot ft regardless.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2022, 04:30:11 PM »
We get it. There was a foul during the play. Just not the one called. It doesn't matter. We would have shot ft regardless.

Well it most definitely could have mattered.  But I guess if that helps you justify it, that's fine by me.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2022, 04:30:50 PM »
How about them Golden Eagles?  Holding serve at home against a likely tournament team despite a second half slog and Kolek’s worst game in quite some time.  Big boy win
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2022, 04:31:43 PM »

Just watched the replay again.  It literally is not.

So after that screenshot Greg brought the ball back down and then went into his shooting motion?

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2022, 04:33:07 PM »
Where Aiken was when Greg started his shooting motion vs. where he was at contact. He moves into Greg by a good 3 feet.

I don’t know. Greg’s right foot is now on the line when it wasn’t in the first picture.

At the game, I thought they were reviewing a potential flagrant due to Greg’s elbow.

Also, is clear path foul a thing in college? That’s what they said Kuath’s intentional was.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2022, 04:36:07 PM »
I don’t know. Greg’s right foot is now on the line when it wasn’t in the first picture.

At the game, I thought they were reviewing a potential flagrant due to Greg’s elbow.

Also, is clear path foul a thing in college? That’s what they said Kuath’s intentional was.

Sure. Greg moved about 5 inches forward. Just like almost every shooter moves on a normal shot attempt. Aiken moved forward about 3 feet. Aiken moved into Greg’s space, not the other way around. Here’s another screenshot after Aiken’s head snapped back (see: clearly after contact has been made). Aiken still is the one who moved multiple feet into Greg from the time he started his shot motion. (And after a clear grab of Greg’s wrist earlier in the play.)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2022, 04:39:17 PM »
Sure. Greg moved about 5 inches forward. Just like almost every shooter moves on a normal shot attempt. Aiken moved forward about 3 feet. Aiken moved into Greg’s space, not the other way around. Here’s another screenshot after Aiken’s head snapped back (see: clearly after contact has been made). Aiken still is the one who moved multiple feet into Greg from the time he started his shot motion. (And after a clear grab of Greg’s wrist earlier in the play.)

Come on. He didn’t move forward like a normal shooter. He jumped into him initiating contact. As I said, watch the replay. Very obvious.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2022, 04:39:55 PM »
Well it most definitely could have mattered.  But I guess if that helps you justify it, that's fine by me.

Could have but didn't. Same outcome. Just drop it already.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2022, 04:40:23 PM »
Come on. He didn’t move forward like a normal shooter. He jumped into him initiating contact. As I said, watch the replay. Very obvious.

One player is within 6 inches of where he was at the start of the shooting motion. The other is a good 3 feet forward. It’s pretty clear to see.

• All American
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2022, 04:42:00 PM »
Could have but didn't. Same outcome. Just drop it already.

We don’t know that the outcome would have been the same.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2022, 04:42:25 PM »
In the long and storied history of painful thread scoop threads, this one has zoomed to the top. No small feat. Congrats!

• All American
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2022, 04:42:49 PM »
One player is within 6 inches of where he was at the start of the shooting motion. The other is a good 3 feet forward. It’s pretty clear to see.

Elliott moved well more than six inches.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2022, 04:48:05 PM »

What if the fish didn't even come to the shore and walk?

• All American
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2022, 04:49:48 PM »
What if the fish didn't even come to the shore and walk?

Hey I’m not the one making the assumption that everything would have been the same.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2022, 04:50:54 PM »
The refs in general were not very good today.  There are always arguments on what should or should not have been called a foul.  At the end of the day, you want consistency.  The foul call on Elliott was an iffy call.  I could see it being called a foul or no call.

But....
1. The refs called that call a few times in the game against MU so from that perspective, it was a foul. 
2. Elliott was raked on the arm just a half a second earlier and that call was missed, so make-up call?
3. Aiken jabbed into Elliott with his foot and lower body into Elliott so I think it is an actual foul.
4. I am an MU fan and a borderline call went our way so AWESOME!
5. Numerous calls went against us so the borderline call probably evened out the bad calls against us.
6. I can't believe the bigger issue is not the refs screwing up that in-bounds play.  That was a travel.
7. Refs should of also given whiny Kevin Willard a technical and the game should of been iced.

All that matters is that my favorite team won the game.  I don't give sh!t about some random poster who supposedly is an MU fan yet is making a ton of posts on a call that won us the game.

Great to see Morsell's game back to what it was earlier in the year.  We need him.
Kam Jones' stretch early in the game with 2 threes and a couple of assists in short order was huge.
Like Shaka said, you have to go grab that ball.  Too many times that ball slips through our hands.
Rematch in 11 days.  I want Willard to blow a gasket the next time we play them.   

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2022, 04:53:38 PM »

Hey I’m not the one making the assumption that everything would have been the same.

90% ft shooter. 100% at home. The odds are nothing would have changed. You're being a pedant at this point and it's a dumb hill to die on.

• All American
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2022, 04:55:42 PM »
90% ft shooter. 100% at home. The odds are nothing would have changed. You're being a pedant at this point and it's a dumb hill to die on.

I like my hill. It’s cute and has a family of gophers who I enjoy watching as they frolic about.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2022, 04:57:12 PM »
Maybe if Seton Hall didn't commit grade school level turnovers they could have taken it out of the refs hands.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2022, 05:03:15 PM »
++ Can't remember which game it was but late in the non-con season I believe, I went out of my way to say it was one of the better officiated games I had seen in quite some time. Well, today was one of the worst officiated games I have seen in quite some time.

++ The refs embarrassed themselves out there. Called a bunch of garbage fouls on both teams, let go a bunch of hard fouls on both teams, didn't know the effen rules, and somehow managed to miss two calls in the last 3 seconds -- Aiken's grab of Elliott, which should have been an easy call that resulted in a 1-and-1, and the horrendous call on Aiken when Elliott moved forward and elbowed Aiken in the face.

++ The no-call on Yetna when he slammed into Lewis really hurt ... and I'm not just talking about JL's pain. We don't get 2 FTs there and then they go back the other way and score -- essentially a 4-point play -- and it's 70-67 SH.

++ Those denying that very last call was bad ... please try for a second to imagine how you'd feel if it was Aiken who had the ball, Elliott who was on D, and the exact same thing had happened -- not something "similar," but that exact same thing. We might have had to create a new fan board, because Scoop woulda imploded. And we woulda felt no better about it if Elliott had gotten away with an arm-tug a second or two earlier.

++ Having said all that ... eff effen Seton Hall. I'm still effen pissed that the douchenozzle Myles Powell got away with a flagrant that was so bad he thought he was ejected but the refs didn't have the onions to boot him. So eff The Hall. Maybe make a few more layups and free throws and you don't lose on a controversial call at the end, you whinin' pieces of poo-poo.

++ And now ... Marquette ...

++ Gutty win. We couldn't have been much worse offensively for most of the second half but showed a lot of guts hanging in there after SH went up 5, battling back, taking the lead, and holding on.

++ The last 2 games, Morsell has looked like the guy who averaged 21 the first four games. Whatever his injury was, here's hoping it's officially a thing of the past. He has been much more assertive, taking big shots, playing tough D and being a leader. We needed every bit of it today.

++ Great play call and execution on Greg's tying 3. SH had done a good job whenever he was on the floor of not letting him loose, so he only had 2 attempts all game. But that was some really nice screening and passing, and Greg swished it. Shaka obviously is confident enough in one of college basketball's best 3-point shooters to call Greg's number in such an enormous moment.

++ I agree with some Scoopers who thought Kolek looked a little tired or something. Unusual because he's been kinda the Energizer Bunny for us. Equally unusual: Shaka pulling TK early in the second half. Maybe Tyler had a cold or was run down for some reason.

++ One thing for sure is that if TK wants to be more than just a passing threat, in addition to obviously needing to shoot better from 3-point range he needs to develop some kind of float game and/or stop-and-pop game. If that were part of his game, as it is for most top-level PGs, he could have had 15+ points today.

++ Second straight rough game for O-Max, and this time it wasn't because of fouls. He's a work in progress; he'll have good games and bad games. Fortunately, we can go to Kam, who was blazing from 3 again, but that hurts our rebounding even more.

++ Rebounding ... arrrrrgh!!! We don't box out well, we don't "team rebound," and we rarely even contend for offensive boards.

++ Thankfully, one important play was an offensive rebound Lewis got while flat on his back; he then passed to Kuath for a big bucket -- we had gone down 55-50 before that hoop and were really struggling.

++ Lewis had a nice all-around game: 18 pts, 5 rebs, 3 ast, 3 stl. Hit a big leaner in the lane with 42 seconds left to put us up 2. He even made a couple of 3s, but I still have to believe that most opponents are relieved when he fires one from deep.

++ This would have been a heartbreaking loss to start this brutally tough 7-game stretch, so I love it that our guys found a way to fight through adversity for the W. Congrats to Shaka and the team.

++ Oh yeah ... Eff Seton Hall!!!

We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2022, 05:04:24 PM »
Elliott moved well more than six inches.

Where Greg took off from and where he landed.

Fine, 6.75 inches.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2022, 05:12:05 PM »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2022, 05:13:32 PM »
This was HS level refereeing. I normally don't blame refs, but they were terrible.
Goal is National Championship

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2022, 05:15:22 PM »

It is not.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2022, 05:26:36 PM »

• All American