Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Enlund's Blog] Police report says MU players involved in altercation  (Read 15713 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I remember hearing that we had hired a PR firm to help deal with stuff like this. So what...are they not on the job yet? How hard is it to get in front of the story? All of this should have come out in a press release by Marquette the second week of February. Were they afraid of interfering with a police investigation? I find it nearly unbelievable that a school with a communications program as extensive as Marquette's can't figure out how to deal with negative press.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
this is old "friggin" news and whatever....  the only new news is there were fights, but unless i missed something, no warriors were involved.  but my question to the audience is why there seem to be more fights, shootings at these rap music venues??  there always seems to be a big fight erupting and many times, unfortunately someone firing off a gun to put an exclamation on the thing.  what is it about rap music that breeds fights and gunshots? :o

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
this is old "friggin" news and whatever....  the only new news is there were fights, but unless i missed something, no warriors were involved.  but my question to the audience is why there seem to be more fights, shootings at these rap music venues??  there always seems to be a big fight erupting and many times, unfortunately someone firing off a gun to put an exclamation on the thing.  what is it about rap music that breeds fights and gunshots? :o

Wow...that doesn't come across as veiled racism or anything.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
I managed to get some security camera photos.  As the second photo shows, their might be something to DJO and a bottle.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:55:40 AM by AnotherMU84 »

wyzgy

• Team Captain
Wow...that doesn't come across as veiled racism or anything.

whoopsie, who is got the racism sunglasses on fireboy.  just stating the facts.  never said anything about race.  i said RAP MUSIC.  check out the figures when these things are held down at summerfest and ceratian other areas of the city.  i don't care who is at these functions dude.  whoever is there and is fighting or shooting is a moron.period. put the prism of race down and step back from it.  you'll feel much better for it :( for you

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.

Agree 100%

That St. Patrick's Day rap concert on Water St. was insane, and of course ended in a big brawl.

Goose

• All American
Agreed the Water St mess on St. Patrick's day was bigger deal and that dies down in media quickly. It really is crazy the double standrards used by the local media.

real chili 83

• All American
Agreed the Water St mess on St. Patrick's day was bigger deal and that dies down in media quickly. It really is crazy the double standrards used by the local media.

Goose, if I remember correctly, when this story first came out, didn't you say that you knew someone who was at this bar and saw what happened?  If so, what did they see?

GGGG

• All American
whoopsie, who is got the racism sunglasses on fireboy.  just stating the facts.  never said anything about race.  i said RAP MUSIC.  check out the figures when these things are held down at summerfest and ceratian other areas of the city.  i don't care who is at these functions dude.  whoever is there and is fighting or shooting is a moron.period. put the prism of race down and step back from it.  you'll feel much better for it :( for you

What facts are you stating?  There weren't any gunshots fired during this incident.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
Agree 100%

That St. Patrick's Day rap concert on Water St. was insane, and of course ended in a big brawl.

so those irish people are the bad influence-were they the fighting irish?  ruh-roh!!     teehehehehe, i couldn't help myself

avid1010

• All American

actually i don't think you have any facts on this...  the only study i have ever seen was put out a year or so ago and said for concerts over 15,000 country music had the most ticketed assualts (also had the most beer consumption).  besides, if the shooting is in self defense, it's all good.  

wyzgy

• Team Captain
actually i don't think you have any facts on this...  the only study i have ever seen was put out a year or so ago and said for concerts over 15,000 country music had the most ticketed assualts (also had the most beer consumption).  besides, if the shooting is in self defense, it's all good.  

really?  the most beer consumption at a 15,000 country music concert?  what were the numbers of arrests per attendee then?  these rap thingys probably have sometimes 100-200 people attnding with x number of bullets flyin, a few casualties and a schmit load of empty 40's, md 20-20 and tickle pink bottles.  so what's yer point?  assaults right?   

UticaBusBarn

• Team Captain
It is hard to characterize the article as reporting, much less journalism.

Did anyone at the JS interview any of the police officers involved? Did any member of the press review the MU student procedures and suggest which might have been applied? Did the newspaper attempt to reach any of the of the other 90 individuals involved to get their side of the story? Did the JS attempt to find out why so many police officers had been sent to the scene? Or, why the bar remained open and continued to serve liquor during all the raucous? Etc.

Point of fact is that as often happens in the economically sinking world of newspapers there was no "leg work", or "gum shoeing", and all that was reported was the simple regurgitation of a police file. This, in turn, does a disservice to the community as it tries to fill in the proverbial blanks.

If a job is worth doing, it worth doing well ... or, not at all.

avid1010

• All American
really?  the most beer consumption at a 15,000 country music concert?  what were the numbers of arrests per attendee then?  these rap thingys probably have sometimes 100-200 people attnding with x number of bullets flyin, a few casualties and a schmit load of empty 40's, md 20-20 and tickle pink bottles.  so what's yer point?  assaults right?   
i don't think you even have a clue as to what you're talking about...sounds like you're saying night clubs can be dangerous.

1.  no kidding
2.  they often play more hip-hop than rap

and the beatles will currupt our generation!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member

You are super racist.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
You are super racist.

content of ones character dude-tell me where i'm racist?  .  i employ people of other persuasions. do you? you know when you point your finger at another there are 3 pointing right back atcha :P 

GGGG

• All American
content of ones character dude-tell me where i'm racist?  .  i employ people of other persuasions. do you? you know when you point your finger at another there are 3 pointing right back atcha :P 

I don't think you are racist.  Terribly ignorant maybe...but not racist.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
i don't think you even have a clue as to what you're talking about...sounds like you're saying night clubs can be dangerous.

1.  no kidding
2.  they often play more hip-hop than rap

and the beatles will currupt our generation!
i've probably forgot more than you know ;)   somehow i knew the real closet liberals were going to come out here.  how dare you say anything about rap/hip-hop.  just like the controversy about mary blige bk commercial with her selling fried chicken samiches.  so what!  i love fried chicken and even watermelon.  so what!!  who's making that a racist issue??  get over it.  the fact is there are more shootings and fights at rap/hip-hop venues-period.  i don't know what color the instigators are and i don't care.  they are bad/character people and should be dealt with.  you 2 dudes sound like the type that have convicted zimmerman and have donated to the bounty the _____ panthers have put out on him.  race doesn't matter who or what is done here-they are people-let's start there racist

wyzgy

• Team Captain

I don't think you are racist.  Terribly ignorant maybe...but not racist.

if name calling works fer ya-happy trails

real chili 83

• All American
Re: New Report: 6 MU players in club were all in altercation
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2012, 11:51:15 AM »
Maybe I am missing something....where's the new information from what was posted yesterday?

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
Re: New Report: 6 MU players in club were all in altercation
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2012, 11:55:29 AM »
Maybe I am missing something....where's the new information from what was posted yesterday?

well I had not heard about it so I assumed not many other people heard about it either.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
It's all been said but my takeaway points:

1. Seems to me the club is implicit in all the issues. Love the balls in defying a police order less then 30 minutes after being told to shut it down but it seems the management engendered some of the rabble rousing.

2. I still laugh at the thought of college kids getting non-drinking underage tickets being portrayed as a "story".

3. Milwaukee is having some deep issues in terms of its populace over the last many months. And with Officers capable of raping a woman after she dials 911 for assistance, it's no shock they cocked up a situation like the melee at Club 720.

avid1010

• All American
i've probably forgot more than you know ;)   somehow i knew the real closet liberals were going to come out here.  how dare you say anything about rap/hip-hop.  just like the controversy about mary blige bk commercial with her selling fried chicken samiches.  so what!  i love fried chicken and even watermelon.  so what!!  who's making that a racist issue??  get over it.  the fact is there are more shootings and fights at rap/hip-hop venues-period.  i don't know what color the instigators are and i don't care.  they are bad/character people and should be dealt with.  you 2 dudes sound like the type that have convicted zimmerman and have donated to the bounty the _____ panthers have put out on him.  race doesn't matter who or what is done here-they are people-let's start there racist

nice post.  you may have forgotten more than i know, but the fact you're arrogant enough to post that makes me think otherwise.  even if you have, i'm happy i haven't forgotten how to at least be decent.  i never called you a racist, which makes me wonder why you immediately went in that dirrection, and the person who shot and killed martin was a hispanic, so being white i'm not sure where you want to take that.  i just think blaming rap/hip-hop music for violence/trouble is similar to blaming a hoodie for a young man's death.  i guess you and geraldo are on the same page...i see it differently.  as far as convicting zimmerman, i'll leave it to the courts, but i hope it goes to the courts because where i come from you better have a dang good reason to chase after, shoot, and kill an unarmed child who had just walked to the store and paid for a snack after dispatchers told you to leave the kid alone.   
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:53:04 PM by avid1010 »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Congrats, Marquette.  You made the news again tonight.

I think that the players should be congratulated.  By keeping Marquette's name in the press, they are enhancing the schools profile leading to increased applications and greater alumni support.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback