* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Next Season  (Read 15370 times)

GoldenDieners32

• All American
Next Season
« on: February 02, 2017, 08:15:47 AM »
Im already thinking about next season. Once wojo gets his system guys in there and all of Buzz guys out we will be better i think

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Next Season
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 08:50:39 AM »
Im already thinking about next season. Once wojo gets his system guys in there and all of Buzz guys out we will be better i think

That will be two years from now. Still have Duane.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 08:58:18 AM »
With Howard and Hauser we have the shooters, lets hope Froling, Theojohn and Ecke are our bangers, then we should be competitive. Wojo has solved the first piece, offense. Let's see if the guys next year can solve the second piece, defense.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 10:43:20 AM »
With Howard and Hauser we have the shooters, lets hope Froling, Theojohn and Ecke are our bangers, then we should be competitive. Wojo has solved the first piece, offense. Let's see if the guys next year can solve the second piece, defense.
Forgot Rowsey
Goal is National Championship

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 11:02:35 AM »
Forgot Rowsey
That lineup would we scary

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 11:18:42 AM »
Because we will have bigger guys does not mean we will be better defensively - might help, but who stands out over the last 2+ years as a lock-down defender?   When will the players we have on the team now learn defense?  It is a concern.

Rebounding might improve with bigger guys, if they can rebound....

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 11:32:00 AM »
Rebounding will improve.Froling and John are both good rebounders.Theo will also give us a rim protector which MU sorely lacks

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 12:18:51 PM »
Rebounding will improve.Froling and John are both good rebounders.Theo will also give us a rim protector which MU sorely lacks

Eke seems long and athletic too.  Decent rim protector in time perhaps?

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 12:25:04 PM »
Ike is the wild card.If you are going to take a chance on somebody take it on a big man.They usually develop later.I believe Ike should redshirt.Crazy athlete,needs to get stronger.Only been playing a few years.Hopefully develops like Amal McCaskill did

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 12:28:05 PM »
Heldt is already solid defensively so if they can find a way to make him effective in the offense, then you just need 15 minutes out of the balance of the center options.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 12:37:26 PM »
I am still worried about how this gets better next year. Heldt, while improved, is still a bit foul prone - he'll need to take the next step. Froling is rated highly but has underwhelmed (albeit in a bad environment for him), and he's only available after the first semester. That leaves a freshman to come in and do yeoman's work. It could realistically be another year before we are truly balanced.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 12:40:15 PM »
Next season?

I have no interest in next season until this year's post-season ends.

I am interested in the next game.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 12:45:17 PM »
GB Warrior

Spot on.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 12:54:31 PM »
GB Warrior

I agree we are two years out.I do not agree that Froling underwhelmed at SMU.You might want to take another look.He also played on the U17 Australia team in the Fiba World Championship.They lost to USA in Finals the year Stone and Ellenson were on team.He performed quite well against USA.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 12:58:06 PM »
I am still worried about how this gets better next year. Heldt, while improved, is still a bit foul prone - he'll need to take the next step. Froling is rated highly but has underwhelmed (albeit in a bad environment for him), and he's only available after the first semester. That leaves a freshman to come in and do yeoman's work. It could realistically be another year before we are truly balanced.
I don't think it gets better next season. I think at best they are a bubble team. (This assumes no big impact transfer)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 01:10:07 PM »

I wouldn't say Froling underwhelmed. He was putting up solid numbers off the bench on a very talented SMU team. He would play a major role in this team if he was available.

But I agree with your general premise. Lots of question marks about next season. I'm not comfortable saying we will be definitively better next season. Could be, but it is not known at this time.

I also agree that 18-19 is shaping up to be a year where we return to dominance.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 01:22:04 PM »
I wouldn't say Froling underwhelmed. He was putting up solid numbers off the bench on a very talented SMU team. He would play a major role in this team if he was available.

But I agree with your general premise. Lots of question marks about next season. I'm not comfortable saying we will be definitively better next season. Could be, but it is not known at this time.

I also agree that 18-19 is shaping up to be a year where we return to dominance.

If Cheatham does not improve then you are hoping Cain is good enough to step in and play 30 minutes,  can he?  Secondly, is Duane good enough to start
next year?  Not sure.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »
Frolin's got no spring, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 01:26:00 PM »

Don't think we'll be exponentially better, but I do think we'll be better. Howard & Hauser with BE experience, Rowsey and Wilson seniors, Heldt practicing against Froling would think will help improve his game a lot. Sacar could be and X-Factor? And Froling with D-1 experience ready to come in for conference. Maybe too optimistic but that is how I see it.
Goal is National Championship

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 01:40:49 PM »
If Cheatham does not improve then you are hoping Cain is good enough to step in and play 30 minutes,  can he?  Secondly, is Duane good enough to start
next year?  Not sure.

Is a guy who's averaged double figures his freshman and sophomore years and started his freshman year good enough to start as a senior... hmm
Maigh Eo for Sam

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 01:49:42 PM »
He already has lots of his guys in now. But hey, it is easy to blame it all on fishy, jjj, and wilson. After all, heldt, rowsey, Hauser, rinehart, Howard, and amin are flawless
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 01:50:55 PM »
Is a guy who's averaged double figures his freshman and sophomore years and started his freshman year good enough to start as a senior... hmm

Was I good enough to start on the 8th grade A-Team because I averaged double figures for 2 years on the B-Team?

Of course Duane started his freshman year. Derrick and Juan also started that year.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 02:45:12 PM »
next year?  Not sure.
Consistent enough to start

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 04:23:40 PM »
You guys are all forgetting about how good Howard will probably be next year.  Yeah, he's inconsistent now, but he's still a 17-year-old Freshman.  Did you know he's only 17?  The announcers rarely mention that.   ;)  I expect him to make a big step forward next year so he can be a factor every game.  I also expect Cheatham to get his mojo back and contribute like he did as a Freshman.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 07:00:00 PM »
You guys are all forgetting about how good Howard will probably be next year.  Yeah, he's inconsistent now, but he's still a 17-year-old Freshman.  Did you know he's only 17?  The announcers rarely mention that.   ;)  I expect him to make a big step forward next year so he can be a factor every game.  I also expect Cheatham to get his mojo back and contribute like he did as a Freshman.

I can't remember which analyst said it, but, to paraphrase...he said if Howard had not reclassified and come out as a senior this year, there is no doubt he would be a 5 star top 25 prospect by about any recruiting source....with an actual year of D1 hoops under his young belt, I think he will be something very special next year.

feedback