'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MUDPT
[May 04, 2024, 10:05:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[May 04, 2024, 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Well, Bleacher Report doesn't like our chances this season. 9th place  (Read 15283 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Picked 9th out of 10, ahead of DePaul.

With BR, key is to see who the author is.  They've done a decent job the last few years of bringing in guys and gals from reputable newspapers and online sites, but they also still have contributors that don't fit the bill.  Chalk this guy up to the latter category.  No way this team finishes 9th.  I'll say 4th.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2119826-predicting-the-2014-15-big-east-college-basketball-standings

Jay Bee

• All American
Picked 9th out of 10, ahead of DePaul.

With BR, key is to see who the author is.  They've done a decent job the last few years of bringing in guys and gals from reputable newspapers and online sites, but they also still have contributors that don't fit the bill.  Chalk this guy up to the latter category.  No way this team finishes 9th.  I'll say 4th.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2119826-predicting-the-2014-15-big-east-college-basketball-standings

It's just some kid typing up nonsense. If you're going to quote this, might as well quote 19 million other kids typing up similar nonsense. Trash.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
BR is as bad as Huffington Post.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Everyone brace yourselves, I don't think this is the last 9th place prediction we'll see.   I'm betting 7th-9th place being the norm. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Read the actual analysis. He says that Nick is coming in this year and besides Fischer there isn't a person over 6'7" when we have Steve Taylor. Awful.

MUMonster03

• All American
I think you will see a lot of low predictions from people. The team underachieved last year and there are a lot of questions about how good a lot of these guys can be. Also, we will not be at full strength until after the first semester. I would rather this team go into the season with a chip on the shoulder to prove the talent was there last year but the coaching/rotations were lacking and being picked only ahead of DePaul can only add more logs to the fire.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Read the actual analysis. He says that Nick is coming in this year and besides Fischer there isn't a person over 6'7" when we have Steve Taylor. Awful.

Yeah, just read that too about Noskowiak.  It's not worth paying attention to based on that alone.  No writer worth their salt does that little homework before putting their name to a story.

HutchwasClutch

• All American

Putting Noskowiak on this year's team is pathetic, but I've always seen Taylor listed as 6'7".  It's not like he's 6'10" and that statement was made.  They are a very small team, that part isn't inaccurate.

Nukem2

• All American
Putting Noskowiak on this year's team is pathetic, but I've always seen Taylor listed as 6'7".  It's not like he's 6'10" and that statement was made.  They are a very small team, that part isn't inaccurate.
Yes, MU has always listed Steve at 6'7".  Indeed, this is a rather small team, especially until Fischer is eligible to play.

real chili 83

• All American
But he plays like 6'10" with broad shoulders.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Well, Bleacher Report doesn't like our chances this season. 9th place
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 10:45:00 AM »
He projects Derrick Wilson and Sandy Cohen to start.  Humm.....

"The Golden Eagles will have some great senior guards in Wilson, Carlino and Mayo..."

My guess is that this is written by some sloob who is a fan of one of the other programs, and has just a passing interest in everyone else in the league.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:48:46 AM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »
BR is as bad as Huffington Post.

All depends on the author.  They have some contributors now from NY Times, LA Times, SI, etc.  They also have a lot of nonsense.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 10:48:18 AM »
He projects Derrick Wilson and Sandy Cohen to start.  Humm.....

I stopped reading after I saw Noskowiak's name.  Sandy Cohen starting, boy that is truly bad analysis.  Nothing against Cohen at all, seems to have really strong potential, but I can't see it happening out of the gate.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 10:49:22 AM »
All depends on the author.  They have some contributors now from NY Times, LA Times, SI, etc.  They also have a lot of nonsense.

And this boy who you brought our attention to is nonsense.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 11:00:59 AM »
And this boy who you brought our attention to is nonsense.

Yet its out there, and people click on those links and read that stuff.  The average Joe may not know.  Good to understand what folks are saying.  I don't disagree with you, but I am not going to ignore that its there either.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 01:50:12 PM »
Yet its out there, and people click on those links and read that stuff.  The average Joe may not know. 

Especially the average Joe that's getting this post from BR's TeamStream thingamajig.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2014, 02:01:54 PM »
This won't be the last prediction like this so you may as well get used to it, relax, and let it go.   Because the bottom line is that next year's team is small, not deep up front, with 1.5 proven scorers, Carlino and Mayo.   Every other player that we can all name MAY be really good, but at that point it is just a hope.     If absolutely everything falls into place correctly, this could be a good team.   But that can be said about many, if not most, teams.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »
I'm actually pretty excited that no one is taking us seriously.

When we're cutting down nets in late March, we'll see who isn't taking us seriously!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 03:33:17 PM »
'Bout as accurate as the pundits were by pickin' us to win the Big East last season, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 03:34:16 PM »
This won't be the last prediction like this so you may as well get used to it, relax, and let it go.   Because the bottom line is that next year's team is small, not deep up front, with 1.5 proven scorers, Carlino and Mayo.   Every other player that we can all name MAY be really good, but at that point it is just a hope.     If absolutely everything falls into place correctly, this could be a good team.   But that can be said about many, if not most, teams.     

I agree with your comments. This Marquette team has more "if's" than any I can recall.

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
It's just some kid typing up nonsense. If you're going to quote this, might as well quote 19 million other kids typing up similar nonsense. Trash.

Well, they was right about Matt Carlino committing to Marquette 3 days before he made his decision

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2014, 04:17:36 PM »
Well, they was right about Matt Carlino committing to Marquette 3 days before he made his decision

They? Meaning the boy that chicos quoted? As chicos noted, belcher report has made some decent additions.. but it's overflowing with dumbasses. I'd rather read dirty toilet paper than most 'slideshows'.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2014, 11:59:59 PM »
I'll take the low expectations and with good reason (unproven HEAD coach, questionable chemistry, lack of a proven go-to guy, front court depth, etc.).

Any finish higher will be a surprise. A surprise I welcome with open arms and a smile.
SS Marquette

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 08:16:23 AM »
We are going to be substantially better than I thought, if Cohen is good enough to start over Burton.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 11:24:15 AM »
I'd rather read dirty toilet paper

Page 3 of The Sun?

Death on call

feedback