[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shaka fails.his first test.  (Read 13970 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Shaka fails.his first test.
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2022, 08:47:04 PM »
Or let him shoot a deep guarded three and take your chances.

Foul and you are giving one of the best offensive rebounders in the country in kalkbrenner a chance to win the game.
How could he win the game in your situation?
MU up 3. Foul on the dribble. 2 shots. Make the first. Miss the 2nd…..your boy gets the rebound, scores and ties the game.
Are you suggesting we then would foul him and he would get and 1?
Maybe at that point Shaka gets pissed and gets a T and we lose by 5. Anything can happen I guess.

panda

• All American
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2022, 08:50:48 PM »
How could he win the game in your situation?
MU up 3. Foul on the dribble. 2 shots. Make the first. Miss the 2nd…..your boy gets the rebound, scores and ties the game.
Are you suggesting we then would foul him and he would get and 1?
Maybe at that point Shaka gets pissed and gets a T and we lose by 5. Anything can happen I guess.

Tip and 1 on a great offensive rebounder and scorer around the rim is a real possibility.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2022, 08:56:54 PM »
Tip and 1 on a great offensive rebounder and scorer around the rim is a real possibility.
Now your reaching.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2022, 08:58:58 PM »

panda

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2022, 09:02:17 PM »
Now your reaching.

Is a tip put back and foul really that out of the question?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2022, 09:04:19 PM »
Is a tip put back and foul really that out of the question?
Yes…..it is a huge stretch.

panda

• All American
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2022, 09:05:50 PM »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2022, 09:09:28 PM »
How often has a team won a game outright being down 3 with 3 seconds remaining.
It is extremely rare…….or a stretch for you to use as a plausible outcome.

panda

• All American
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2022, 09:17:53 PM »

It’s a possibility. Saying it’s rare doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be taken into consideration.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2022, 09:33:02 PM »
It’s a possibility. Saying it’s rare doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be taken into consideration.
See ankle sprain. It’s a possibility. You should consider that you could sprain your ankle when you wake up n the am. We should consider our first step…..because it’s happened. But keep it up.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2022, 01:46:49 AM »

They didn't win the game...they sent it into OT.

Twice.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2022, 01:52:38 AM »
Why do you keep defending a defense that didn’t actually work? 
It is not a low percentage shot with the game on the line and the wrong guys on you and an advantageous matchup. Ask Demar Derozan the last two games.

Shot like that is not low percentages for anyone who plays basketball and is a jump shooter if you do not have the right guys flying at you and in position and on the floor.

Any shot that goes in the air at the end of regulation like that is a good 50/50 shot... with the defensive set up that they had.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2022, 07:53:02 AM »
Up 3? Seconds remain? Not that difficult...don’t let then opponent shoot a 3. Double the main shooter. Man up the others. Leave the inbounds guy open...and ok to give up a lay-up. Game over.
This loss is quite disconcerting. Oh, and one more thing...Coach, it’s ok to light-up a ref. You’ve inherited a bad program at this point. Your current team is not good. Getting T’d isn’t necessarily a bad thing as you try to lay the groundwork to better days.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2022, 07:58:05 AM »
Why would Shaka light up the refs?  Were there a series of bad calls?  Getting Td for the sake of getting Td yesterday means that game doesn't even go to overtime.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Viper

• All American
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2022, 08:07:58 AM »
Why would Shaka light up the refs?  Were there a series of bad calls?  Getting Td for the sake of getting Td yesterday means that game doesn't even go to overtime.   

try re-reading. Did I say yesterday? Dang you love to argue for the sake of it.  I’m talking about laying groundwork. This coach strikes me as soft.

• All American
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2022, 08:18:30 AM »
try re-reading. Did I say yesterday? Dang you love to argue for the sake of it.  I’m talking about laying groundwork. This coach strikes me as soft.

So if a coach doesn't get Td up, that strikes you as "soft?"  What "groundwork" does that lay exactly?

And sorry, but if you are posting in a topic about yesterday's game, and are actually writing about a play in yesterday's game, my assumption will be that you are talking about yesterday's game.  Especially when it is in the same damn paragraph.  Your inability to communicate clearly is on you.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2022, 09:21:24 AM »
The most egregious officiating error was missing the push off by Nembhard, and then calling Lewis for landing on him after he blocked the shot.

If Shaka would have gotten a T,  and handed CU two more freebies and the ball we'd all be screaming about it.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2022, 09:24:00 AM »
I think he’s failed a few of them, tbh.

But this team still just sucks at scoring. Had many opportunities in the first OT to pull away and couldn’t do it. Couldn’t even get a shot off to end Regulation, too. Team just isn’t very good.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2022, 09:38:57 AM »
J5

Just curious, how did you expect this team to perform in regard to record this year?

OffTheGlass

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2022, 10:07:06 AM »
Now your reaching.

I agree....common sense tells me that even an 80% FT shooter needs to make the first in a pressure situation. (Chances are he makes it).

2ndly, the shooter needs to bank it off the rim hard enough to almost perfection where the ball comes off the rim to give Creighton a realistic chance to get the rebound (I'd say 40% at best)

3rdly, the rebounder then needs to get a shot off in 3 seconds (probably not a high percentage shot)

4thly, then needs to actually make the shot

In Shaka's case, he claims they normally do foul with 6 seconds or less but because it was side-out, that he didn't want the catch and shoot foul to occur. I like Shaka and will give him the benefit of the doubt, but I doubt it.

You definitely need to have the confidence in your team that when the game is on the line that you properly box out on a missed FT. Considering we would have inside position, I like our chances if Oso, Lewis, Kuath with Morsell and O-Max looking to rebound.

Agree or disagree, I needed to vent and now moving on to Providence.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2022, 10:17:53 AM »
The most egregious officiating error was missing the push off by Nembhard, and then calling Lewis for landing on him after he blocked the shot.

If Shaka would have gotten a T,  and handed CU two more freebies and the ball we'd all be screaming about it.

Plus, I think Shaka does a pretty good job working the refs without flying off the handle.

panda

• All American
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2022, 10:46:49 AM »
I agree....common sense tells me that even an 80% FT shooter needs to make the first in a pressure situation. (Chances are he makes it).

2ndly, the shooter needs to bank it off the rim hard enough to almost perfection where the ball comes off the rim to give Creighton a realistic chance to get the rebound (I'd say 40% at best)

3rdly, the rebounder then needs to get a shot off in 3 seconds (probably not a high percentage shot)

4thly, then needs to actually make the shot

In Shaka's case, he claims they normally do foul with 6 seconds or less but because it was side-out, that he didn't want the catch and shoot foul to occur. I like Shaka and will give him the benefit of the doubt, but I doubt it.

You definitely need to have the confidence in your team that when the game is on the line that you properly box out on a missed FT. Considering we would have inside position, I like our chances if Oso, Lewis, Kuath with Morsell and O-Max looking to rebound.

Agree or disagree, I needed to vent and now moving on to Providence.

Somewhat of an aside, missing a free throw is not very difficult and if the coaches practice specific end of game situations can be very well prepared for.

You don’t hammer it off the backboard and pray it glances the rim (sound familiars because Wojo teams did it a couple times. No surprise).  You take a normal free throw but take a half step to the left or right on the line. Load up on that side and have everyone crash the glass on that side of the hoop.

It’s actually very straight forward to plan for.

OffTheGlass

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2022, 11:17:46 AM »
Somewhat of an aside, missing a free throw is not very difficult and if the coaches practice specific end of game situations can be very well prepared for.

You don’t hammer it off the backboard and pray it glances the rim (sound familiars because Wojo teams did it a couple times. No surprise).  You take a normal free throw but take a half step to the left or right on the line. Load up on that side and have everyone crash the glass on that side of the hoop.

It’s actually very straight forward to plan for.

You make good points; however a normal FT miss, you definitely should be able to box out and get the rebound let alone have them miss a tough tip. Respectively, I think you make my point even greater that a normal missed FT needs to have the confidence of your coach that you box out and get the rebound. Of course, it may not happen just like someone hitting a 3-ball to tie. Pick your poison, but I like my chances of getting that rebound and if not, the guy still having to make the shot.

Looking forward to Tuesday to see how this team responds. I expect a much more intensive unit than how they came out yesterday.

• All American
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2022, 11:22:28 AM »
You make good points; however a normal FT miss, you definitely should be able to box out and get the rebound let alone have them miss a tough tip. Respectively, I think you make my point even greater that a normal missed FT needs to have the confidence of your coach that you box out and get the rebound. Of course, it may not happen just like someone hitting a 3-ball to tie. Pick your poison, but I like my chances of getting that rebound and if not, the guy still having to make the shot.

Looking forward to Tuesday to see how this team responds. I expect a much more intensive unit than how they came out yesterday.

Lol. That is something they practice but not a straight-forward, somewhat guarded three point shot?

Your defense of this is getting weaker by the post.

panda

• All American
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2022, 11:39:47 AM »

It’s a pick your poison. I just like to play defense knowing your opponent has to take a deep three.

feedback