[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Georgetown game thread  (Read 22617 times)

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: Georgetown game thread
« Reply #325 on: January 15, 2019, 09:49:12 PM »
"F*CK YOU AND YOUR LAYUP" - Theo John

Great play, but Bailey forced each of the last two blocks

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #326 on: January 15, 2019, 09:49:42 PM »
Any questions boys?? In the end, talent wins out a majority of the time...always remember that.
Who was doubting a win??? Are you having a conversation with yourself? Stop sucking so bad
No Finish Line

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #327 on: January 15, 2019, 09:49:55 PM »
I cant believe we didnt get a bailout home court whistle blow on that block. I was almost positive a whistle would have blown on that posession

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #328 on: January 15, 2019, 09:50:16 PM »
Let's GO! Wow, what a game. Sam was incredible. Theo John a force. Bailey coming up with contribution.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #329 on: January 15, 2019, 09:50:24 PM »
And a push for Vegas, cause of course.

Line went down to -1 for me
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #330 on: January 15, 2019, 09:51:09 PM »
I know I sound like a broken record but the toughness that had been missing has returned to the Warriors! Great win for Wojo and the guys!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #331 on: January 15, 2019, 09:51:49 PM »
Great play, but Bailey forced each of the last two blocks

Doesn’t matter. His job is to be a rim protector and everyone else’s is to feed people to him. They both did it perfectly. They both were defensive studs tonight

muguru

• All American
« Reply #332 on: January 15, 2019, 09:52:11 PM »
Who was doubting a win??? Are you having a conversation with yourself? Stop sucking so bad

The same people that EXPECT them to lose certain games. Those people.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #333 on: January 15, 2019, 09:54:10 PM »
The same people that EXPECT them to lose certain games. Those people.
No one said that. Not one person. You started a narrative about no one making excuses because we should win, not one person disagreed, then you proceed with this “I told you so” trash. Stop being a clown man. You look like a fool nearly every time you post
No Finish Line

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2019, 09:54:25 PM »
My God take the ball away from sacar!
He may also want to guard Mclung

Sacar look at you the wrong way sometime or something??? Seriously, grow up.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2019, 09:55:05 PM »
Any questions boys?? In the end, talent wins out a majority of the time...always remember that.
and coaching

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2019, 09:55:11 PM »
My God take the ball away from sacar!
He may also want to guard Mclung
Great call!
No Finish Line

muguru

• All American
« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2019, 10:02:09 PM »
No one said that. Not one person. You started a narrative about no one making excuses because we should win, not one person disagreed, then you proceed with this “I told you so” trash. Stop being a clown man. You look like a fool nearly every time you post

No one has EVER posted after a loss that they EXPECTED MU to lose that game?? Did you not read the SJU game thread?? THOSE people. And I know DAMN well there would have been people that posted they expected to lose this game without Markus had it happened.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2019, 10:03:04 PM »
No one has EVER posted after a loss that they EXPECTED MU to lose that game?? Did you not read the SJU game thread?? THOSE people. And I know DAMN well there would have been people that posted they expected to lose this game without Markus had it happened.
Did we play SJU tonight?
No Finish Line

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #339 on: January 15, 2019, 10:05:50 PM »

Wait, fans would have been not surprised had we lost on the road without Ed and Markus?

Holy crap.

Breaking news.

You're dumb.

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #340 on: January 15, 2019, 10:07:22 PM »
Was at the game.  Great MU turnout.  To win on the road in the Bog East without Marcus and Ed is just awesome. I don’t care what anyone is saying. Sam, Theo, Sacar, Joey, Bailey, hell the whole team stepped up. Go MU!  Love it.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #341 on: January 15, 2019, 10:07:54 PM »

Accurate.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #342 on: January 15, 2019, 10:22:58 PM »
Dare I say that they might need more Bailey for defense? He was big on the boards, beating screens, and even added a few buckets.

I am glad I didnt jinx this. Really nice game for BB and the team.

We should hang a banner for this.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #343 on: January 15, 2019, 10:26:24 PM »
Wait, fans would have been not surprised had we lost on the road without Ed and Markus?

Holy crap.

Breaking news.

You're dumb.

I'm not dumb...I KNOW college basketball, I know this MU team, and I KNOW MU was still the more talented team without Markus, and I will take my chances with more talent ANYTIME. Those that would have NOT been surprised at a loss...well...sad to say, they don't know college basketball or more so, just how truly talented this MU team is.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #344 on: January 15, 2019, 10:27:35 PM »
I'm not dumb...I KNOW college basketball, I know this MU team, and I KNOW MU was still the more talented team without Markus, and I will take my chances with more talent ANYTIME. Those that would have NOT been surprised at a loss...well...sad to say, they don't know college basketball or more so, just how truly talented this MU team is.

We are not worthy.

hepennypacker5000

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #345 on: January 15, 2019, 10:33:05 PM »

I love when people exclaim they know things. Very cool strategy, very legal.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #346 on: January 15, 2019, 10:39:21 PM »

But could you dunk in high school?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #347 on: January 15, 2019, 10:42:04 PM »

Can't make this sh*t up. Too good.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #348 on: January 15, 2019, 11:01:09 PM »

I asked before but I'll ask again. Vegas, KenPom, other rankings sites all had Marquette as about a 3 point favorite in this game before Markus got hurt. So your assertion that Marquette should beat Georgetown on the road even without Markus (and you don't seem to think it should even be close) means that either:

A) Vegas, KenPom, all the people who do this professionally way overrate Georgetown

B) Vegas, KenPom, all the people who do this professionally way underrate Marquette

C) Having Markus Howard is not worth at least 3 points in a game

Which is it? I'm honestly not being snarky, I'm trying to figure out if you are saying that Marquette is way undervalued by the masses or if Markus Howard isn't as good as we think so losing him isn't that big of a blow.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #349 on: January 15, 2019, 11:03:00 PM »

Settle down, Brian.  We know you are the best fan EVER.

feedback