[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: RIP Fr Pilarz  (Read 1224 times)

TVDirector

• All American
RIP Fr Pilarz
« on: March 11, 2021, 04:10:44 PM »
Check out this article from Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Rev. Scott Pilarz, who led Marquette University during busy time and then abruptly stepped down in 2013, dies from ALS at 61

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/education/2021/03/11/rev-scott-pilarz-who-left-marquette-after-just-two-years-dies-61/4645971001/

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: RIP Fr Pilarz
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 04:17:39 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 08:12:36 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

88Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 12:14:59 AM »
Haven't posted on here in years and changed email address so I had to sign up for a new username due to the fact I couldn't receive a new password but I have to say this is one of the most insensitive threads I have ever witnessed. I have no allegiance to Fr. Pilarz but I do know the man dedicated his life to the Jesuit life and the mission of men and women for others. Not sure why individuals would want to grave dance on someone who had a mission in life versus a singular purpose within the MU experience. I am one of five members of my family that attended MU and personally experienced some of the worst basketball years from 84 -88. I fortunately had the opportunity to become a MU fan early in life and experienced the 77 championship as an 11 year old due to a sibling that was a senior in 1977. I learned much at Marquette and made some great friends but was disappointed in mascot name change and learned to realize it's trivial. Still believe we should be Warriors under a different mascot and purpose but the fact that individuals would celebrate an individual's death due to the fact he didn't meet their personal expectations is a sign of their shallowness in life. Can only guess they worship a different God than the one I experienced in the alumni and personnel of Marquette University.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 06:13:13 AM »
No one is grave dancing, what the heck man.  The picture is in reference that Fr Pilarz didn't 'abruptly step down' as was noted.  He was let go. 

That's it.  No doubt he was a well intentioned man who did far more good than most of us.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 07:59:40 AM »
No one is grave dancing, what the heck man.  The picture is in reference that Fr Pilarz didn't 'abruptly step down' as was noted.  He was let go. 

That's it.  No doubt he was a well intentioned man who did far more good than most of us.
When, I first saw this thread, the OP's signature line looked to me like he was celebrating the death. It's bad optics, IMHO.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 08:12:56 AM »
I was in no way celebrating, but I have modified my post nevertheless.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 08:31:56 AM »
Prayers and blessings to his family.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

88Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2021, 09:07:25 AM »
Will admit I misconstrued Beavis and Butthead as part of the post but second post contributed to my rant. The constant negative posts has made it tough to come on the board and this one set me off. Prayers and thoughts for Father Pillarz and his family.

feedback