'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Blue out Failed!!!!  (Read 12375 times)

KCWarrior

• Walk-On
Re: Blue out Failed!!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2007, 08:27:04 PM »
Forget about it. It looked great on TV.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2007, 09:36:54 PM »
Why are we debating this issue of not wearing the blue, taking too many shirts, etc.?!?

We should be applauding the entrepreneurial spirit MU fans have!!!

[/end of sarcasm]  ::)
SS Marquette

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
  • Marquette is Solid Gold!
No shirts Left
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 10:15:17 AM »
When I walked in about 10 mins to tip, all the shirts were gone.  Of the group of people I was with only a hand full got shirts, so I think the failed blue out was a combination of some people not knowing to put them on, some people refusing to put them on and a lot of people never getting a shirt to put on!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:18:32 AM by MU Chi_IL »

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 10:17:23 AM »
The system was screwed. I swear I saw Gerald Henderson in the t-shirt mob pit and he almost gave me the Hansborough treatment. It was nuts. They were out of L and XL at 7:35 and I squeezed into a medium, which was not super comfortable. It was the same thing with the Wade t-shirts. My friend and I assessed, that they needed to order 25k to 30k t-shirts to properly disperse them to 19k people. You just can't hope that everyone gets the right size. I saw some smallish ladies in big shirts, big guys in smallish shirts and some people carrying a dozen t-shirts (jerks).

Oh well, I guess I'll just drop the $20 on a t-shirt that fits from the gift shop. However, it does piss me off that I spend a ton of money on season tickets and can't get a free t-shirt, while some guy with a degree from Madison and $9 nosebleed tickets is selling a dozen shirts on e-bay.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 10:37:52 AM »
agreed..., I wore a too tight large my wife was able to get when I realized i got a small in the mosh pit.  hot and uncomfortable until very late in  the game when I succumbed to the heat and took it off- revealing my gold.  best thing about those ugly sweatervests is the easy on/off and ability to remove one's suitcoat on the way from the office and slip on gold 'colors'.  Wish there were a good alternative.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 12:26:06 PM »
I wasn't at the game, but on TV, the "blue-out" looked great.  Mostly the cameras focussed on the student section, but from what I saw, it looked like almost everyone had the shirts on.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 01:24:52 PM »
I have to second the thought that shirts were not available to everyone. MU made it clear in both e-mail and phone calls that everyone in attendance would be assured of receiving a shirt. I think that led many to believe that shirts would be placed on their seats. When some people came into the arena to learn that shirts were all gone I'm sure there was some disappointment.

Can't blame people for not wearing the shirt if they never received one.

Final Four or Bust

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 01:42:27 PM »
This whole thread is pretty foolish, since I saw quite a bit of baby blue in both the lower and upper decks.  Its a unique color, so all of those blue specks were the shirts given away.

That said, when we got there they were all gone on one end, and the small/mediums were all that was left on the other end.  After a game long negotiation with various women, most of us were able to land larges/extra larges, but not for the game.  (And most of these guys aren't big guys, but those shirts weren't fitting).  Exact same thing for the Novak night t-shirts -- before the game there was nothing but smalls/mediums left.  Someone needs to buy appropriate numbers of sizes.

And finally, this stuff about "color" outs with giveaways doesn't work, and will never really work in the middle of winter in MKE.  First, I don't want to wear just a t-shirt when it is about zero outside, and I don't want to wear another t-shirt just so the one they give away is going to fit.  And I ain't an old person either.  My mother, who was also at the game in her gold sweater, wasn't going to change clothes to put on a T-shirt either.   The fact of the matter is it needs to be a color that people can buy sweaters/ sweatshirts etc. for in the middle of winter.  People are beginning to buy that stuff in gold now, but for some of you to say that people are too stupid to put the shirts on, well some people forget that MKE in the middle of winter isn't the most hospitable environment.

The other "color-outs" cited by some -- Miami for the NBA finals -- Miami in June.  Most other venues (Illinois, Duke etc.) are places where the students ring the court.  Students have no problem with the Ts, its most of the adults.  I actually thought that, notwithstanding all of those factors, the results were very impressive.

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2007, 03:04:53 PM »
If you look at any pictures posted, it did look good. Could have been better, but it was still decent. The mix of blue and yellow looked good actually.

DanceHallPlayer

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2007, 03:32:11 PM »
The majority of people around me in the lower part of section 400 at mid-court had their blue shirts on, except for the the people that got there late and likely could not get one -- at least not in their size.

The mob scene in the 4th street lobby was definitely not good. I don't know why having people go to different parts of the concourse to get their T-shirts wouldn't work. It certainly seems to work for bobble head dolls.

Sizing is definitely a problem. Last year when they gave away the Wade No. 3 T-shirts they ran out of XLs well before the game, at least at the front entrance. I ended up with a too-small shirt that I gave away to a friend after the game. It seems MU buys way too many smalls and mediums.

There are already at least three different sellers offering Saturday night's t-shirt on Ebay.
file:///C:/Users/dhoughton/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/P45VEX3L/White%20Guy%20Cant%20Jump.gif

Final Four or Bust

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2007, 04:09:54 PM »
On a seperate, but related note -- obviously in the past our colors included a light blue rather than the darker blue used now.  Does anyone know why they changed, and whether they would ever consider changing the color back for regular games?

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2007, 04:17:30 PM »
I just wanna know why, in the ensemble of singers was belting out the anthem just before the game, there was one male singer wearing a navy blue shirt when everyone else in the group was correctly attired.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

MUtrain

• Walk-On
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2007, 10:44:24 PM »
FFoB- I heard a rumor that MU is going to bring back baby blue jerseys for "special" games (the way the yellow jerseys used to be).

Spiral, the guy in navy was a cheerleader (I noticed that too).  He was wearing his uniform.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2007, 11:24:13 PM »
On a seperate, but related note -- obviously in the past our colors included a light blue rather than the darker blue used now.  Does anyone know why they changed, and whether they would ever consider changing the color back for regular games?

It really just comes down to whether the coach likes it, and whether the players like it.  The colors used now are the ones Crean likes, and they're similar to the stuff from the pre-McGuire days.  Al and Hank switched back and forth, dark, light, sky blue.  During the Majerus days, there was more of a royal blue.  O'Neill had a very dark almost black jersey one year. 

I don't think they'll bring it back all the time, but maybe for some special games.  It's harder now, because they'd be adding a 4th color to the rotation.  But it could be done.  I don't think it would be anything set in stone though, because the players like to mix it up based on how they're feeling.  They get superstitious about that kind of thing.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2007, 04:54:00 AM »
It comes down to merchandising. If they bring back a light blue, it's in an attempt to sell more jerseys. The players have nothing to do with it.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2007, 07:27:55 AM »
Spiral, the guy in navy was a cheerleader (I noticed that too).  He was wearing his uniform.

gotcha then.. and acceptable too.  it was impossible to tell from my angle in section 404.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2007, 07:43:21 AM »
It comes down to merchandising. If they bring back a light blue, it's in an attempt to sell more jerseys. The players have nothing to do with it.

The players get to pick whether they wear the white or the gold jerseys.  Why would you say they won't have that choice for the light blue?

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2007, 08:08:04 AM »
I believe that the players get to choose from the options.  If athletics were to add an option (to sell more jerseys) then the players would probably be able to pick that one as they please.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2007, 08:57:56 AM »
Come on. Do you think ND players decide when to wear green jerseys? The light blue jerseys will likely be worn once a year.

And where do you get the idea that the players decide what jerseys to wear? That's a nice thought, but I'm betting that Crean makes these decisions.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2007, 09:05:37 AM »
It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't terrible. Here's my view from good ole' Sec. 429, Row P, Seat 7. With the student section almost entirely in blue, I'd say it was a reasonable success given the fact that we...I dunno, don't really have a history with these kind of color-coordination things.

“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2007, 09:36:03 AM »
That's a nice thought, but I'm betting that Crean makes these decisions.

Just like Crean was on the grassy knoll.  :o

But I like to throw handfuls...

bma725

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2007, 10:41:29 AM »
Come on. Do you think ND players decide when to wear green jerseys? The light blue jerseys will likely be worn once a year.

And where do you get the idea that the players decide what jerseys to wear? That's a nice thought, but I'm betting that Crean makes these decisions.

The players said they made the decision a few games ago to go back to the white after not wearing it since the Wisconsin game.  They said Crean didn't even know about it until they took their warm ups off.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2007, 10:40:58 AM »
I'm kind of a bigger guy myself, and even the XL was a bit tight on me.  Instead, since I knew we were trying to do a blue out, I wore a blue sweatshirt that was the same color as the t shirts.  My advice...make bigger shirts for the bigger guys like myself. 

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2007, 10:49:47 AM »
Agreed, I'm not that big, but am still an XL.

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2007, 11:41:04 AM »
It was Barro's decision to wear the white jerseys for the Nova game. Crean didn't know about it until they came out to warm up, it was a last minute choice. If you notice they tend to switch after a loss, so basically because of superstition.

feedback