'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Justin  (Read 192984 times)

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: Justin
« Reply #1300 on: June 07, 2022, 04:55:35 PM »
Up to 32 in SI’s latest mock
No Finish Line

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #1301 on: June 07, 2022, 05:37:36 PM »
Up to 32 in SI’s latest mock

The SI staff writer who was given the report that Justin Lewis was staying in the draft, moved Justin Lewis up in his mock draft. 

NBA media is just propaganda. I love it.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #1302 on: June 07, 2022, 07:47:07 PM »
The SI staff writer who was given the report that Justin Lewis was staying in the draft, moved Justin Lewis up in his mock draft. 

I’ll bet when it’s all said and done he’s not far off though
No Finish Line

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1303 on: June 07, 2022, 07:53:02 PM »

Not sure it is. He got the info on Justin, which may indicate he knows which teams worked Justin out (like #32) and are seriously interested.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1304 on: June 07, 2022, 09:47:56 PM »

Sports Illustrated writers do not work for the NBA.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1305 on: June 07, 2022, 09:48:48 PM »

probably the same guy that had Vander Blue going first round.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #1306 on: June 07, 2022, 10:41:19 PM »
My point was Jeremy Woo was the person who broke the news whether it be for Justin, or Roc Nation.

I want Justin taken as high as possible. I would just take this specific Big board with a grain of salt.

He's likely closer to the middle of the second than he is the first round.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1307 on: June 08, 2022, 08:42:32 AM »
It would not surprise me if a team that has a late 1st traded down to the 35 range to get him.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #1310 on: June 09, 2022, 12:16:28 PM »
The Heat like Marquette players.

Correction: *LOVE* Marquette players.

Marquette players are directly responsible for all 6 of their NBA Finals Appearances and all 3 of their NBA Finals wins.
VIOLENCE!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1312 on: June 09, 2022, 01:39:20 PM »
Hermie,

Is Jamal your son?
Thought is was Du Wilson
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1313 on: June 15, 2022, 10:34:34 AM »
The Athletic consulted NBA coaches, team execs and college coaches to rate the top forwards available for the draft. Lewis wasn't on the main list, but he was among those listed under "Best of the Rest":

NC State’s Dereon Seabron; Colorado State’s David Roddy; Ignite’s Michael Foster; Marquette’s Justin Lewis; Memphis’ Josh Minott and Connecticut’s Tyrese Martin.

Here's what a college assistant coach whose team played Marquette had to say about JL:

Absolute nightmare for us. … He was a nightmare. He was. He kicked our ass every time we played him. He’s tough, he’s 6-7. And this year, he improved his perimeter game. His freshman year he was mostly playing inside. Then he expanded his game, he started making 3s, he can go off the bounce, he’s explosive. He’s got long arms. I don’t know anything about his DNA, work ethic, what kind of kid is he? I don’t know any of that. But as a player, he’s a pretty talented kid. In today’s game, watching the NBA, yeah, he’s pretty good. Like him a lot. He was physical (defensively), he moved his feet. They played him at the four, so it’s not like he was guarding athletic wing guys or anything like that. But he tried. He competes.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1314 on: June 15, 2022, 11:03:15 AM »
The Athletic consulted NBA coaches, team execs and college coaches to rate the top forwards available for the draft. Lewis wasn't on the main list, but he was among those listed under "Best of the Rest":

NC State’s Dereon Seabron; Colorado State’s David Roddy; Ignite’s Michael Foster; Marquette’s Justin Lewis; Memphis’ Josh Minott and Connecticut’s Tyrese Martin.

Here's what a college assistant coach whose team played Marquette had to say about JL:

Absolute nightmare for us. … He was a nightmare. He was. He kicked our ass every time we played him. He’s tough, he’s 6-7. And this year, he improved his perimeter game. His freshman year he was mostly playing inside. Then he expanded his game, he started making 3s, he can go off the bounce, he’s explosive. He’s got long arms. I don’t know anything about his DNA, work ethic, what kind of kid is he? I don’t know any of that. But as a player, he’s a pretty talented kid. In today’s game, watching the NBA, yeah, he’s pretty good. Like him a lot. He was physical (defensively), he moved his feet. They played him at the four, so it’s not like he was guarding athletic wing guys or anything like that. But he tried. He competes.
I believe Justin (1)scores high on Potential which the NBA Values and because (2) he is a proven performer at a high level , he is a very safe choice for many teams.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1315 on: June 15, 2022, 12:20:31 PM »

It's interesting that this coach called him 'explosive' - since most here have questioned that. He reminds me of an old Buck in that way - Marques Johnson. He was so smooth that he never looked 'explosive', either.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1316 on: June 15, 2022, 12:44:05 PM »

It's interesting that this coach called him 'explosive' - since most here have questioned that. He reminds me of an old Buck in that way - Marques Johnson. He was so smooth that he never looked 'explosive', either.

I guess it depends on how one defines it.

There were a few times last season that Lewis exploded to the hoop and threw one down and it was like, "Holy sh!t, did that really happen?!?!?!"

But he wasn't usually the kind of guy who could face up to his defender and then just explode past him. There aren't many like that, though.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1317 on: June 15, 2022, 12:50:12 PM »

If you think I’m trusting NBA people or Scoop, I’ll take Scoop every time.  Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, Justin, aina?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1318 on: June 15, 2022, 01:52:04 PM »
He gowne, hey?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1319 on: June 15, 2022, 03:16:57 PM »
He gowne, hey?

::)

I guess we should just stop talking about him then, huh. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1320 on: June 15, 2022, 03:18:18 PM »
He gowne, hey?

Don’t let the door hit him on the way out.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1321 on: June 15, 2022, 03:20:42 PM »
He gowne, hey?

I still think he might be back.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1322 on: June 15, 2022, 03:38:56 PM »
Lazy. Bad body language. And also heard he farts too much.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #1323 on: June 15, 2022, 03:45:38 PM »
In the group of "Best of the Rest".  Hmm. ?-(
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 03:49:14 PM by NCMUFan »

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1324 on: June 15, 2022, 03:52:03 PM »
Lazy. Bad body language. And also heard he farts too much.
100%

feedback