[Today at 08:33:37 AM]

Welcome Jack Anderson! by Jay Bee
[May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Justin  (Read 192910 times)

panda

• All American
Re: Justin
« Reply #1275 on: June 04, 2022, 07:57:30 AM »
Tournament is a crapshoot

you’re a crap shoot

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1276 on: June 04, 2022, 07:58:12 AM »
you’re a crap shoot

Especially after a few coffees
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1277 on: June 04, 2022, 07:59:28 AM »
You not being aware they were ready for those roles because you never watched them play is much different from them actually not being prepared. There’s nothing wrong with not seeing them play, but saying they weren’t ready just because doesn’t make much sense to me.

If you say so.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

panda

• All American
« Reply #1278 on: June 04, 2022, 08:06:51 AM »

Careful with that stuff Richard it’s not even 900 am yet

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1279 on: June 04, 2022, 08:11:29 AM »
I would say that I would be most excited if Oso was an incoming transfer. He had big jump last year, with a late season fade, but until Feb most were very high on him. I expect him to be the most improved going into next season. He has a lot to work with and has some size, which is a good combo to work with.

panda

• All American
« Reply #1280 on: June 04, 2022, 08:18:18 AM »
I would say that I would be most excited if Oso was an incoming transfer. He had big jump last year, with a late season fade, but until Feb most were very high on him. I expect him to be the most improved going into next season. He has a lot to work with and has some size, which is a good combo to work with.

Much of his success had to do with pnr w Tyler. Once that was shut down, his production dropped.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1281 on: June 04, 2022, 08:21:36 AM »

He was wildly efficient in limited minutes and usage.  His problem was staying on the court as he was a bit foul-prone.  Can he clean that up?  He was the teams best offensive rebounder and second best shot-blocker.  There’s an argument to be made he’s the most important player this upcoming season with regards to needing to improve

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1282 on: June 04, 2022, 08:35:10 AM »

Mexican will do it, too.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1283 on: June 04, 2022, 09:08:54 AM »
He played off the ball his freshman year and did enough to earn A10 freshman of the year. He can do both, but his skillset is better suited off the ball.

So, your position essentially comes down to saying his performance in the Big East last year matters less than what he did two years ago against much inferior competition.
Not buying that.
And definitely not buying that his skillset is better suited off the ball. Everything we saw from his last year says the opposite.

panda

• All American
« Reply #1284 on: June 04, 2022, 09:54:28 AM »
So, your position essentially comes down to saying his performance in the Big East last year matters less than what he did two years ago against much inferior competition.
Not buying that.
And definitely not buying that his skillset is better suited off the ball. Everything we saw from his last year says the opposite.

Yes - Shaka went out, recruited a PG this year and also said last year he wished TK could play off the ball more but couldn’t because he was our best option at the 1.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1285 on: June 04, 2022, 01:14:48 PM »
Kolek shot .358 from 3 and .399 overall as an A-10 off guard (and he was much worse in both categories last season with Marquette). So now we're supposed to believe that he'll be the top option at the 2 for next season?

If that's the case, I hope he improves -- and not just a little but a freakin' ton. If not, that's not a great sign for the team.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #1286 on: June 04, 2022, 01:52:26 PM »
So much doom and gloom on scoop. Omax will be better then Lewis!
He certainly was against North Carolina.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 01:57:20 PM by bilsu »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1287 on: June 04, 2022, 03:40:17 PM »
So much doom and gloom on scoop. Omax will be better then Lewis!

I'm not doom-and-gloomy ... but I'll believe O-Max will be better than a first-team All-Big East player when I see it.

If he is, we might be able to win the conference title.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #1288 on: June 04, 2022, 08:59:24 PM »
What makes you think so, JB?

As I said last year, to my eye EE looked like a guy suited for pickup ball at the Rec. What are people seeing that make them think he can make the jump to productive BE player?

The people that scouted him said that if he could develop a 3pt jumper to keep people honest and focused on one sport rather than both basketball and football, he could destroy as a score- first slashing pg. Also projected him as a future 2nd rounder in 2024 (247 scouts).

I think the shot is coming around due to a year working on it. He's fast, stronger and most importantly, tall. I think we see more this year of what those scouts saw then
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

panda

• All American
« Reply #1289 on: June 04, 2022, 09:10:48 PM »
The people that scouted him said that if he could develop a 3pt jumper to keep people honest and focused on one sport rather than both basketball and football, he could destroy as a score- first slashing pg. Also projected him as a future 2nd rounder in 2024 (247 scouts).

I think the shot is coming around due to a year working on it. He's fast, stronger and most importantly, tall. I think we see more this year of what those scouts saw then

Cmon emarion ellis on draft boards? Are you serious ?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1290 on: June 04, 2022, 09:29:01 PM »
Cmon emarion ellis on draft boards? Are you serious ?

Maybe question the source that was referenced instead.

When someone is projected as a 2nd round pick 3 years out of course take it with a massive grain of salt. With that being said, it doesn’t make sense to discount that kind of upside either.

panda

• All American
« Reply #1291 on: June 04, 2022, 09:40:51 PM »
Maybe question the source that was referenced instead.

When someone is projected as a 2nd round pick 3 years out of course take it with a massive grain of salt. With that being said, it doesn’t make sense to discount that kind of upside either.

What kind of mock draft predicts 2024/25 second round picks ?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 09:42:57 PM by panda »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1292 on: June 04, 2022, 10:01:51 PM »
When EE first came on the scene at MU I studied his high school football tapes and was very impressed. He was a scrambling quarterback that really saw the field well. I figured if he could channel that athletic ability in football to basketball something good would come of it.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1293 on: June 05, 2022, 07:54:53 AM »

I hope that come to fruition. I don't see it, but hope I am wrong.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #1294 on: June 05, 2022, 09:29:36 AM »
I hope that come to fruition. I don't see it, but hope I am wrong.

To be clear I am not saying he makes the jump from last year to draft boards this year. I'm saying he has a lot of potential that I believe we will see it be unlocked this year and he will make a leap that many aren't expecting ( I think most are writing him off). People that watched him play thought if he got a higher anf more consistent jumper it would help his slashing and speed game. It looks a lot higher now.

I'm going with Sacar level jump here from season 1 to 2
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1295 on: June 05, 2022, 09:39:23 AM »
There are going to be multiple players on this team that take big leaps this year.  Get excited

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1296 on: June 05, 2022, 09:52:20 AM »
There are going to be multiple players on this team that take big leaps this year.  Get excited

I agree … and I sure hope we’re both right!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1297 on: June 05, 2022, 10:48:03 AM »

But will they miss the slam after they leap big?  That's the big question.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #1298 on: June 05, 2022, 08:02:25 PM »
Can a few players step up and hit threes consistently, and will we rebound.    I think slashing to the basket will be a big part of the offense.   But we need the combo to open things up.   We will see.   But it is a decent group of players, with some complimentary skills.   So we will see.   Hoping for the best.  Go Marquette!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1299 on: June 07, 2022, 09:00:59 AM »
Here's an interesting article that kind of puts non-athlete college students in the shoes of athletes who have to make big decisions about their careers even though they're considered borderline pro prospects.

Emphasis on "kind of"!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/06/business/economy/the-potential-dark-side-of-a-white-hot-labor-market.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20220607&instance_id=63392&nl=the-morning&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=94425&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

Shanna Jackson, the president of Nashville State Community College, is struggling with a dilemma that reads like good news: Her students are taking jobs from employers who are eager to hire, and paying them good wages.

The problem is that students often drop their plans to earn a degree in order to take the attractive positions offered by these desperate employers. Ms. Jackson is worried that when the labor market cools — a near certainty as the Federal Reserve Board raises interest rates, slowing the economy in an attempt to control rapid inflation — an incomplete education will come back to haunt these students.

“If you’ve got housing costs rising, gas prices going up, food prices going up, the short-term decision is: Let me make money now, and I’ll go back to school later,” Ms. Jackson said. Anecdotally, she said, the issue is most intense in hospitality-related training programs, where credentials are often valued but not technically required.

Strong labor markets often encourage people to forgo training, but this economic moment poses unusually difficult trade-offs for students with families or other financial responsibilities. Cutting working hours to go to class right now means passing up the benefits of strong wage growth at a moment of soaring fuel, food and housing costs.

feedback