[May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Justin  (Read 192897 times)

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: Justin
« Reply #375 on: April 14, 2022, 11:35:30 PM »
Justin, Darryl, Kam and maybe OMax.

Projecting on Kam and OMax obviously.
Justin, no doubter. 
I think Darryl is in that 2-way contract ballpark

So if I'm reading this right, Shaka got the doors blown off with nearly a starting lineup's worth of NBA players?

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2022, 06:46:32 AM »
So if I'm reading this right, Shaka got the doors blown off with nearly a starting lineup's worth of NBA players?

All I’m saying is that I think there are 4 guys on last years team who could eventually get NBA minutes. That’s it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2022, 08:48:53 AM »
  Heck the national player of the year this year will probably return to school, in large part because he'd be a late draft pick if he left.  Justin would probably be drafted higher than either of those guys.

Has the Naismith POY been announced yet? Of the 4 finalists (Davis from UW, Murray from Iowa, and the guys from Kansas and Kentucky) who would Justin be taken in front of in the NBA draft?

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2022, 08:55:56 AM »

Has the Naismith POY been announced yet? Of the 4 finalists (Davis from UW, Murray from Iowa, and the guys from Kansas and Kentucky) who would Justin be taken in front of in the NBA draft?

Oscar Tshiebwe of Kentucky won it.  He's likely going to be back at Kentucky next year.
VIOLENCE!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #379 on: April 15, 2022, 08:58:00 AM »

Tshiebwe won every major national player of the year award this year, and Justin would be taken right around where Tshiebwe would be taken if both entered and stayed in the NBA Draft this year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #380 on: April 15, 2022, 08:59:28 AM »

Oscar Tshiebwe won it. Most mocks have him as a late second or undrafted.

SI: Undrafted (Lewis#38)
https://www.si.com/nba/2022/04/14/nba-mock-draft-jabari-smith-chet-holmgren-paolo-banchero-jaden-ivey

The Athletic: 46th (Lewis #29)
https://theathletic.com/3127230/2022/02/17/2022-nba-mock-draft-5-0-chet-holmgren-at-no-1-aj-griffin-in-top-5-questions-abound-with-this-years-class/

NBA Draft Net: 45th (Lewis undrafted)
https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

Sporting News: 27th (Lewis 24th)
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-mock-draft-2022-chet-holmgren-paolo-banchero-jabari-smith/oa5xmslpsvire8kj9ubtnktx

Bleacher Report: 54th (Lewis 48th)
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2951965-2022-nba-mock-draft-a-new-no-1-pick-and-full-2-round-predictions

There's a long way to go before the draft, and who knows what'll happen, but it's definitely possible, if not likely, Justin gets drafted ahead of the Naismith winner.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #381 on: April 15, 2022, 09:19:14 AM »

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/04/14/nba-mock-draft-jabari-smith-chet-holmgren-paolo-banchero-jaden-ivey

https://theathletic.com/3127230/2022/02/17/2022-nba-mock-draft-5-0-chet-holmgren-at-no-1-aj-griffin-in-top-5-questions-abound-with-this-years-class/

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-mock-draft-2022-chet-holmgren-paolo-banchero-jabari-smith/oa5xmslpsvire8kj9ubtnktx

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2951965-2022-nba-mock-draft-a-new-no-1-pick-and-full-2-round-predictions

There's a long way to go before the draft, and who knows what'll happen, but it's definitely possible, if not likely, Justin gets drafted ahead of the Naismith winner.

Thanks for the info. The one mock I looked at had Tshiebwe #33 and Lewis undrafted.

I only saw Tshiebwe play a couple of times so I have no opinion on his NBA future (if any). My opinion on Justin is that he’s too slow to play on the perimeter in the NBA given the way the game has changed. If he has a future it’s as an undersized 5 (his wingspan helps here). Could he improve his stock by playing some at the 5 next year at MU? Sure, but it works both ways.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 09:25:00 AM by Lennys Tap »

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #382 on: April 15, 2022, 11:20:45 AM »
I think Dwyane Wade was almost directly responsible for the Amigos class, and that he continues to show up in recruitment pics almost 20 years after he left campus shows how NBA success can resonate over a full generation. I think having alums like Jimmy Butler and Jae Crowder help, but I'm not sure either resonate the way a top-75 player does.

As far as benefits, I think having multiple successful players makes a difference and I think having recognizable stars makes a difference. It was a big deal when we had both Wade and a litany of guys, but now that DW is out of the league and I don't think Butler has ever been as recognizably tied to Marquette, it's less of a deal than it was.

Brew,

I understand what you are saying. I guess my point is the last 10 years we have done nothing with guys in the league. At then end of the day, it's the coaches that are the draw in my opinion. Guys playing in the league is nice, but coaches get he players.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #383 on: April 15, 2022, 11:22:45 AM »

Like Bacot, he is a great college player whose skillset for his size probably won't translate to the NBA.

I think of Kevin Looney as a comp for these guys - except Looney is an outstanding defensive player.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #384 on: April 15, 2022, 11:25:52 AM »
I think you mean Kevon Looney
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #385 on: April 15, 2022, 11:30:30 AM »
Brew,

I understand what you are saying. I guess my point is the last 10 years we have done nothing with guys in the league. At then end of the day, it's the coaches that are the draw in my opinion. Guys playing in the league is nice, but coaches get he players.

Shaka gets forwards in the league. Brown, Hayes, Bamba, Jones, Sims, Allen.

Now Justin..

Thats a decent draw for, JQ Roberts, Milan Momcilovic, Carey Booth, and JP Estrella and other furture prospects

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #386 on: April 15, 2022, 02:10:39 PM »
Shaka gets forwards in the league. Brown, Hayes, Bamba, Jones, Sims, Allen.

Now Justin..

Thats a decent draw for, JQ Roberts, Milan Momcilovic, Carey Booth, and JP Estrella and other furture prospects

It’s difficult to see into the furture
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #387 on: April 15, 2022, 02:34:17 PM »

Crystal ball!!!
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #388 on: April 15, 2022, 03:48:11 PM »
Cryrstal barl for seeing into the furture.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #389 on: April 15, 2022, 04:07:21 PM »
Just listing some options. Also. future.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #390 on: April 15, 2022, 04:12:28 PM »
In the furture, the word "future" will be spelled "furture".
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #391 on: April 15, 2022, 04:16:52 PM »
If you look ahead and see Belfast in the middle, is that 'furNIture'
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

SonOfWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #392 on: April 15, 2022, 04:33:07 PM »
Justin Lewis isn’t ready for the next level but let’s not act surprised… he wasn’t a 4 year player coming into Marquette. These players have a get paid mentality and the sooner they start making money the better. He’s going to develop into a great player for some higher level but I think he lacks the speed to make it on defense in the NBA. Wish him the best.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #393 on: April 15, 2022, 08:04:45 PM »
Justin Lewis isn’t ready for the next level but let’s not act surprised… he wasn’t a 4 year player coming into Marquette. These players have a get paid mentality and the sooner they start making money the better. He’s going to develop into a great player for some higher level but I think he lacks the speed to make it on defense in the NBA. Wish him the best.

Lewis wasn’t even a top 100 player coming out of HS (according to 247) and averaged single digits as a freshman. There was nothing to suggest that he had a “get paid mentality” when he arrived at Marquette or even going into this year.

He earned the right to consider other options by how well he played this past season, when Marquette would have won 8 or 9 games without him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #394 on: April 15, 2022, 08:07:27 PM »
Lewis wasn’t even a top 100 player coming out of HS (according to 247) and averaged single digits as a freshman. There was nothing to suggest that he had a “get paid mentality” when he arrived at Marquette or even going into this year.

He earned the right to consider other options by how well he played this past season, when Marquette would have won 8 or 9 games without him.

He was a team USA top 20 prospect. And on the same websites were he was not top 100. He was picked to be a successful UDFA, with a comparison to Gary Clark

MU82

• All American
« Reply #395 on: April 15, 2022, 08:20:54 PM »
He was a team USA top 20 prospect. And on the same websites were he was not top 100. He was picked to be a successful UDFA, with a comparison to Gary Clark

Cool. You got proof he entered Marquette with a “get paid mentality”?

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #396 on: April 15, 2022, 09:09:20 PM »
Cool. You got proof he entered Marquette with a “get paid mentality”?

I’m sorry I assumed that you lived in a capitalist country. How is pyongyang?

Everyone wants to get paid. It’s dumb to assume otherwise. USA is a capitalist country last time I checked. It’s the normal disposition for most people.

My point was he was held in high esteem and thought to have a shot at the NBA before college.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #397 on: April 16, 2022, 10:22:13 AM »
I’m sorry I assumed that you lived in a capitalist country. How is pyongyang?

Everyone wants to get paid. It’s dumb to assume otherwise. USA is a capitalist country last time I checked. It’s the normal disposition for most people.

My point was he was held in high esteem and thought to have a shot at the NBA before college.

I don't know what the general consensus was about his NBA prospects before college, so I'll take your word for it.

By your definition of "get paid mentality," about 95% of NCAA basketball players in our capitalist country have it (and 95% might be low). Unfortunately for them, only single-digit percentages actually are gonna get paid to play in the NBA.

If you want to continue to argue about semantics, you can have the last word. I'll just wish you a great weekend and move on.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #398 on: April 16, 2022, 11:00:47 AM »

He must have a damn good press agent.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #399 on: April 16, 2022, 11:02:29 AM »
He must have a damn good press agent.

Lmao what