'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Justin  (Read 192955 times)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: Justin
« Reply #275 on: April 12, 2022, 07:05:33 PM »
Good luck Justin!

I would love for him to return, but won't hold my breath.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #276 on: April 12, 2022, 07:07:09 PM »
Fantastic News for Justin . Also good news for MU. 

Hopefully Justin will be invited to the NBA Draft Combine  and  then receive the encouragement that he will be a First round, Second round or Free Agent with a Two Way. MU would be able to point to another player sent to The NBA.

Also by Justin retaining his eligibility , in using an NCAA certified agent, MU will have the opportunity to recruit Justin back in the event things don't work out so well.

Wishing Justin all the best success in the draft process
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #277 on: April 12, 2022, 07:40:04 PM »
Adios...next man up, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #278 on: April 12, 2022, 08:13:23 PM »
I don't know what to think but clearly all options have to be on the table for us.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #279 on: April 12, 2022, 08:50:31 PM »
Look, what I think he is signaling is that if he gets a favorable review by NBA scouts, he’s gone. Period.

If his reviews are not especially good, then maybe he stays. Maybe he transfers. Only Justin really knows for sure.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #280 on: April 12, 2022, 08:52:36 PM »
I wish him all the luck and I’m pulling for him.  If it doesn’t work out I will be thrilled to have him back on the team.

He’s a warrior.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #281 on: April 12, 2022, 09:33:19 PM »
I wish him all the luck and I’m pulling for him.  If it doesn’t work out I will be thrilled to have him back on the team.

He’s a warrior.
He said hes signing with an agent…..so he wont be coming back.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #282 on: April 12, 2022, 09:35:26 PM »

Did you ignore the rest of this thread?  He may not be coming back but it has nothing to do with signing with an agent.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #283 on: April 12, 2022, 09:38:05 PM »

Players can now sign with an agent (as long as they're certified) and come back.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #284 on: April 12, 2022, 09:45:32 PM »
Players can now sign with an agent (as long as they're certified) and come back.
Gotcha—thanks

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #285 on: April 12, 2022, 10:14:53 PM »
Did you ignore the rest of this thread? 

I stopped when Brew said Justin himself said he was coming back.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #286 on: April 12, 2022, 10:46:48 PM »
No surprise. Not great news for the team's chances next year. Always nice to have players representing MU in the league but Shaka is going to have to work some magic with transfers again.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #287 on: April 12, 2022, 11:15:56 PM »
Vander Blue called and said the weather is lovely this time of year in Uruguay.

I wish him all the best but who is advising these guys?
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #288 on: April 12, 2022, 11:19:39 PM »
Vander Blue called and said the weather is lovely this time of year in Uruguay.

I wish him all the best but who is advising these guys?
Very different from Vander, he is retaining eligibility.
Goal is National Championship

Viper

• All American
« Reply #289 on: April 12, 2022, 11:20:54 PM »
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2021-10-13/ncaa-certified-agents-helping-college-athletes-test-nba-draft-waters#:~:text=After%20an%20NCAA%20player%20fills,he%20forfeits%20his%20college%20eligibility.

After an NCAA player fills out the application for feedback from the NBA, he can begin working with an NCAA-certified agent. If a player chooses to sign with an agent not certified by the NCAA, he forfeits his college eligibility.

The way Justin's statement was worded, it would seem he signed with an NCAA-certified agent.

This was the only intelligent thing for Justin to do: test the waters, see what NBA people are saying, and then make an informed decision. It's nice that an athlete now can hire an agent to help navigate the waters.

Selfishly, as a Marquette fan who has enjoyed watching him play and who thinks he is a class act, I hope he sticks around for another year. But really, all I want for Justin is for him to have a successful, satisfying life. I wish him good fortune, no matter what he decides to do.
82, I’m usually down with you. But this time, cut the altruistic bs. We want MU to be great, right? We want MU to kick A, right?
…let’s just hope Justin has a satisfying, successful life? Really? Really? If Lewis goes, it’s another year of “I hope we’re good” or “in Shaka we trust”. Another 9-seed, maybe. Big maybe. I get where Farley comes from. I do. This hope & prayer MU hoops just gets old.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #290 on: April 12, 2022, 11:26:56 PM »
I get where Farley comes from. I do.
We all do….its called Mifflin and State.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #291 on: April 12, 2022, 11:27:54 PM »
Very different from Vander, he is retaining eligibility.

Yeah, thats a nice change in the rules - but Justin is going to be, at best, a mid to late 2nd rounder. But someone will blow smoke up his a$$ and tell him he can be the next JTA and he'll go with nothing but a two-way contract in hand.

Justin's best shot at a meaningful and sustained NBA career is to come back and kill it for another year by grabbing BE POY and a few NCAA wins. I get he could technically still do that, but it seems once these guys get a sniff of the NBA they're gone.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #292 on: April 12, 2022, 11:30:55 PM »
82, I’m usually down with you. But this time, cut the altruistic bs. We want MU to be great, right? We want MU to kick A, right?
…let’s just hope Justin has a satisfying, successful life? Really? Really? If Lewis goes, it’s another year of “I hope we’re good” or “in Shaka we trust”. Another 9-seed, maybe. Big maybe. I get where Farley comes from. I do. This hope & prayer MU hoops just gets old.

Long-term, if he gets drafted, it could be a benefit to the program. I have to think Shaka is already using Justin’s improvement in recruiting. If he can say in one year, he went from solid freshman to NBA draft pick under my coaching, that’s a solid story.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #293 on: April 12, 2022, 11:32:17 PM »
Yeah, thats a nice change in the rules - but Justin is going to be, at best, a mid to late 2nd rounder. But someone will blow smoke up his a$$ and tell him he can be the next JTA and he'll go with nothing but a two-way contract in hand.

Justin's best shot at a meaningful and sustained NBA career is to come back and kill it for another year by grabbing BE POY and a few NCAA wins. I get he could technically still do that, but it seems once these guys get a sniff of the NBA they're gone.

Which false narrative are you pitching here:

1. NBA teams care about conference awards and tournament wins when evaluating players.
2. There's a link between NBA success and conference awards and tournament wins.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #294 on: April 12, 2022, 11:35:44 PM »

Mumble jumble
Goal is National Championship

Viper

• All American
« Reply #295 on: April 12, 2022, 11:41:49 PM »

100%

1SE

• All American
« Reply #296 on: April 12, 2022, 11:51:09 PM »
Which false narrative are you pitching here:

1. NBA teams care about conference awards and tournament wins when evaluating players.
2. There's a link between NBA success and conference awards and tournament wins.

They go hand in hand- it's no coincidence Justin was showing up on most boards as late 1st round when we were ranked 20th and winning 8/9 and now is lucky to be in the back end of the 2nd round.

Us winning was indicative of Justin playing well which also had more eyeballs on us both of which raised his stock.

Or are you peddling the false narrative that NBA scouts are computers that recruit solely on some kind if complete objective 'potential' metric that only they have access to?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 11:52:50 PM by 1SE »

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #297 on: April 13, 2022, 01:37:28 AM »
I think if he comes back to school it's a real possibility it's not with Marquette.

We gotta get over the pouting when someone leaves. We are Marquette, run by Shaka Smart, and there is always a page to be turned with good things ahead.

You're in a bad spot if you think one player is the reason behind all the success. It's a good thing when culture carries over to the next season regardless of who is lacing 'em up. I'm rolling with whoever's on our side.
VIOLENCE!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #298 on: April 13, 2022, 03:25:58 AM »
Oh, don't go Justin! We're chit without you. Maybe you'll reach your senses and come back...pretty please. 
He's kissed off MU. Y'all got reading comprehension issues? He's kicked Marquette to da curb. He gowne and adios, aina?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 03:32:11 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #299 on: April 13, 2022, 05:10:59 AM »
They go hand in hand- it's no coincidence Justin was showing up on most boards as late 1st round when we were ranked 20th and winning 8/9 and now is lucky to be in the back end of the 2nd round.

Us winning was indicative of Justin playing well which also had more eyeballs on us both of which raised his stock.

Or are you peddling the false narrative that NBA scouts are computers that recruit solely on some kind if complete objective 'potential' metric that only they have access to?

He wasn’t moving up draft boards because more people were watching him or because the team was playing better. He was moving up draft boards cause he was playing well - which impacted team performance.  He moved back down when defenses adjusted to him - which again affected the team.

You have the cause and effect mixed up.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback