'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Justin  (Read 193034 times)

GoldenEagles03

• All American
Re: Justin
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2022, 08:08:53 PM »
Would you like some butter with your troll?

Don't believe everything you read.
VIOLENCE!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2022, 08:25:30 PM »
Would you like some butter with your troll?
Go back to the Vodka thing, let me be...
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2022, 10:19:03 PM »

Since we can't peddle his ass, I'm perfectly good with him leaving. Next man up.

Too bad, Mike, that you had the misfortune of attending MU when basketball was in a down cycle. For those of us who lived the Warrior glory years on a daily basis, it was the closet thing to heaven on earth. For the record, during my eight years at Marquette, men's basketball won 205 games and lost only 30 or a winning percentage of 85%. And, you may recall reading something about an 81 game home winning streak too.

Lastly, do you suffer from "little man's syndrome"? I know it makes you feeling important to criticize and belittle others, often with hyperbole, but if you only take one thing from this board over the years, do not underestimate my fandom...ever.

BTW, if these words are too big or incomprehensible to you, I'll be happy to translate, hey?

I don’t question your fandom of Al McGuire and the 1977 Warriors at all.

Thankfully, Shaka Smart cares about the current Marquette team, and he wants Justin Lewis to be a part of it. Like anyone with any basketball knowledge knows, Lewis returning would be big for Shaka to continue moving our program in the right direction. Any Marquette fan would want that.

Here’s hoping Lewis is anywhere near as valuable to the 2022-23 MU team as the last guy whose ass you wanted peddled was to the 2020-21 Bucks.

And given how you constantly “criticize and belittle others” - I mean, rocky ran an entire thread of your critical and belittling comments - I’ll just leave that part of your silliness alone, nu?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2022, 10:54:54 PM »
It’s important to note from last years results that Shaka is very big on keeping things close to the vest and making a big splash at once.

There were pretty much 0 rumors to be had on nearly all the transfers to MU last year and they were mostly announced together. Also, there were several times in the “get lost in the fight” mantra where Shaka shunned getting caught up in social media versus concentrating on the task at hand. Seems obvious that he likes keeping things in house until the right time.

That leads me to believe that Justin is indeed returning to MU. He was supposed to keep it in house until MU announced it all together with the incoming transfers, but kids will be kids.
He says he’s still considering his options, but my guess is that he will be returning to MU and it will be announced with a few very good transfers- I’ll predict Ramey and Washington.

If that happens, MU will be in a very nice position for next season.
Leggo
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 11:34:31 PM by DoctorV »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2022, 11:05:53 PM »
It’s important to note from last years results that Shaka is very big on keeping things close to the best and making a big splash at once.

There were pretty much 0 rumors to be had on nearly all the transfer to MU last year and they were mostly announced together. Also, there were several time in the “get lost in the fight” mantra where Shaka shunned getting caught up in social media versus the task at hand. Seems obvious that he likes keeping things in house until the right time.

That leads me to believe that Justin is indeed returning to MU. He was supposed to keep it in house until MU announced it all together with the incoming transfers, but kids will be kids.
He says he’s still considering his options, but my guess is that he will be returning to MU and it will be announced with a few very good transfers- I’ll predict Ramey and Washington.

If that happens, MU will be in a very nice position for next season.
Leggo

This scenario may very well be in play Dr. V.  If we hit the trifecta MU hoops will be formidable with the opportunity to be dangerous. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2022, 11:21:03 PM »
NM Wrong thread
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 11:23:03 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2022, 11:50:08 PM »
People take the words of 18-22 year old college kids on social media way too seriously. He threw out an answer with very little thought knowing what the person who asked it wanted to hear on social media and didn’t think it’d turn into some formal official statement on his status. This isn’t some conspiracy that he ruined Shaka’s timeline and he was told to walk it back.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #232 on: April 09, 2022, 11:55:47 PM »
People take the words of 18-22 year old college kids on social media way too seriously. He threw out an answer with very little thought knowing what the person who asked it wanted to hear on social media and didn’t think it’d turn into some formal official statement on his status. This isn’t some conspiracy that he ruined Shaka’s timeline and he was told to walk it back.

You sure about that?

I don’t think it’s a conspiracy. I also don’t think he was told to walk anything back.
I just think he knew to walk it back.
It’s the new culture.

Maybe I’m wrong, but maybe I’d now be very surprised if JLew doesn’t return

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #233 on: April 10, 2022, 12:00:35 AM »
NM Wrong thread
There is never a wrong thread on Scoop

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2022, 07:44:26 AM »
With Justin returning, MU will be a better team than if he didn't.
Minus Justin, no previous win over Wisconsin and Villanova among probably many others.
We are fortunate he wanted to stay with the changing of the coaching guards.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2022, 08:41:26 AM »
My only issue with college basketball today is decisions are dragged out a long time and that makes recruiting extremely difficult, especially for a program like MU that is in a retooling/rebuild of the program. As for Justin, I have very mixed emotions on him, but if he is coming back, I know it makes next year look much more promising. If he is coming back, I think that is great reflection on the overall state of the program because he definitely had a lot of options outside of turning pro.

I said early this year we would remember the guys from this year's team and if Lewis is back next year, he will be remembered for being the anchor of what Shaka is trying to accomplish. Fill in a couple of needed holes and next year could be looking pretty damn good. Lewis makes next year better, and I hope he is back. If not, it really is next man up and hit the portal hard to replace him.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2022, 08:46:28 AM »
My only issue with college basketball today is decisions are dragged out a long time and that makes recruiting extremely difficult, especially for a program like MU that is in a retooling/rebuild of the program. As for Justin, I have very mixed emotions on him, but if he is coming back, I know it makes next year look much more promising. If he is coming back, I think that is great reflection on the overall state of the program because he definitely had a lot of options outside of turning pro.

I said early this year we would remember the guys from this year's team and if Lewis is back next year, he will be remembered for being the anchor of what Shaka is trying to accomplish. Fill in a couple of needed holes and next year could be looking pretty damn good. Lewis makes next year better, and I hope he is back. If not, it really is next man up and hit the portal hard to replace him.

Goose-

Your sensible posts have no place here at Scoop
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2022, 09:14:38 AM »

Perfectly stated, Goose.

Today's coaches have to be very nimble, and I think we have one who will do better under this landscape than most others will. If I'm wrong about that, Shaka won't last long, but I think (hope!) I'm right about it.

As you say, we obviously are a better team with one of the top 2-3 players in the Big East available to play 35 mpg. Those who say otherwise either don't know basketball, don't want Marquette to win, or both.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2022, 09:20:39 AM »
Marquette with Justin Lewis back will win a bunch of games early then lose a bunch late and flame out in Rd 1 of the Tourney.

Marquette without Justin Lewis will win a few less games early then lose a bunch late, and miss the tourney.

So I guess it’s slightly better if he comes back but is it that important that anyone should really care?   There’s not a lot to get enthusiastic about either way next year.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2022, 09:33:13 AM »
Marquette with Justin Lewis back will win a bunch of games early then lose a bunch late and flame out in Rd 1 of the Tourney.

Marquette without Justin Lewis will win a few less games early then lose a bunch late, and miss the tourney.

So I guess it’s slightly better if he comes back but is it that important that anyone should really care?   There’s not a lot to get enthusiastic about either way next year.
COLEslaw

OffTheGlass

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2022, 09:45:59 AM »

This thread is about as pessimistic as you can get for the upcoming season. If Lewis comes back and Shaka adds a few key transfers, we could possibly land in the Top 25 to start the year.

Shaka made the tournament in his first year. Yes, the team fizzled out, but if I told anyone prior to last year's season where we would end up in the Big East standings, beat Nova twice, and make finally make NCAA's, I think we'd all be pretty satisfied with year 1 results. The results may have reminded you of the past, but the pattern of this coach versus other's timeline is different.

I don't think it is fair to compare last year's Marquette team's development to prior teams. The results may have been the same to some degree, but this is a different coach, different culture, and an entirely different path to consistently being a Big East respective contender year-in and year-out. The big difference is that this was Shaka's first year while the results of other teams represented a deep tenure of others such as Wojo's.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2022, 10:13:16 AM »
This thread is about as pessimistic as you can get for the upcoming season. If Lewis comes back and Shaka adds a few key transfers, we could possibly land in the Top 25 to start the year.

Shaka made the tournament in his first year. Yes, the team fizzled out, but if I told anyone prior to last year's season where we would end up in the Big East standings, beat Nova twice, and make finally make NCAA's, I think we'd all be pretty satisfied with year 1 results. The results may have reminded you of the past, but the pattern of this coach versus other's timeline is different.

I don't think it is fair to compare last year's Marquette team's development to prior teams. The results may have been the same to some degree, but this is a different coach, different culture, and an entirely different path to consistently being a Big East respective contender year-in and year-out. The big difference is that this was Shaka's first year while the results of other teams represented a deep tenure of others such as Wojo's.

Great points. If these things fall into place MU will be quite formidable.  I also think people are forgetting that many of our returning players will be improved and hungry. 

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2022, 10:21:33 AM »
More like the Turd in Turd COLEslaw

COLEslaw

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2022, 10:29:25 AM »

Great points but they are lost on Farley. He is merely a troll.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2022, 10:30:33 AM »

You don't care. You told us that. You don't care so much that you constantly feel the need to post douchy opinions, that's how much you don't care.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #245 on: April 10, 2022, 10:38:38 AM »

Dont feed the troll

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #246 on: April 10, 2022, 11:19:24 AM »
+1,000,000   put him on IGNORE ! ! !   He will go away ! ! ! 8-)

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2022, 11:23:40 AM »
som ppl cant resist replying to em

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #248 on: April 10, 2022, 11:26:47 AM »
OffTheGlass is a inconsistent poster so he probably isn’t aware.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #249 on: April 10, 2022, 11:59:00 AM »
+1,000,000   put him on IGNORE ! ! !   He will go away ! ! ! 8-)

Not as long as even one person replies to him. Those kind of people don’t have friends, so they troll.