[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UW-Madison Roll Call  (Read 4665 times)

MUUWUWM

• All American
Re: UW-Madison Roll Call
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2023, 12:29:04 AM »
I have been to many MU - WI GAMES in Madison.

Some have been victories, and others have been defeats, I have never run into obnoxious behavior there.
I hope you all represent us with some class.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2023, 12:32:31 AM »

Some have been victories, and others have been defeats, I have never run into obnoxious behavior there.

Ditto.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2023, 10:42:28 AM »
Here's a Scoop homework assignment/challenge for everyone going behind enemy lines:  We all know how insufferable the Bagder fans can be.  Come home with a story of how $hitty the UW-Madison fans were at/before/after the game.  This will be entertaining for all of the Scoopers who can't make the trek, and will provide Scoop content that you won't find anywhere else.  Let's Goooooooooo!!

Honestly every time I've been at Kohl people have been fine, or at the very least indifferent to my presence. Not nice necessarily but not jerks either.

Sorry to ruin the image of insufferable Badger fans, but pretty much everyone in the Midwest is easy to deal with, at least until they get behind a keyboard.

Finally, we are far and away the better team. Let's act with some class. No need to be dicks.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 10:46:06 AM by Coleman »

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2023, 10:45:50 AM »

I'm taking this as another opportunity to represent our fine University as we travel behind enemy lines. 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2023, 10:46:33 AM »
Honestly every time I've been at Kohl people have been pretty indifferent. Not nice necessarily but not pretty boys either.

Sorry to ruin the image of pretty boy Badger fans, but pretty much everyone in the midwest is nice, until they get behind a keyboard.

Yeah, I am not able to attend this year, but I have attended multiple MU games at the Kohl Center dressed in full MU gold and outside of a couple side-eyes when things are going Marquette's way, have had no issues pre, during and post game.  (Marquette is 3-2 when I have attended BTW.)  Honestly outside of a weird love of slow-paced basketball, their fans are pretty normal.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2023, 11:02:01 AM »
If the Badger faithful will be doing a whiteout.  MU fans will definitely not be just another face in the crowd.

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2023, 11:07:04 AM »
I hope we can get a nice 15-20 point cushion by the under-12 timeout in the second half and really let the “We Are Marquette” chant rip for the Big Fox broadcast.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2023, 11:12:31 AM »
I think the Kohl Center is going to like Solider Field during a Packer-Bear game. Come the four-minute timeout in the second half it will be MU fans left to enjoy the last couple of minutes.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2023, 11:35:56 AM »
I think the Kohl Center is going to like Solider Field during a Packer-Bear game. Come the four-minute timeout in the second half it will be MU fans left to enjoy the last couple of minutes.

Why’d you have the go there Goose?  Bears mentions are a low blow.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2023, 11:37:49 AM »
I hope we can get a nice 15-20 point cushion by the under-12 timeout in the second half and really let the “We Are Marquette” chant rip for the Big Fox broadcast.

LOL, good luck with that!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2023, 11:47:29 AM »
Thanks.  That is very kind .  I think everyone here appreciates your good luck wishes.   It is also good that you are able to laugh.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2023, 01:49:01 PM »
Shooter

I do understand how that could be taken as a low blow, but thought it was a feeling that some on here could relate to.

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2023, 02:08:05 PM »
LOL, good luck with that!

I’m sure Badger fans won’t mind given that there is no rivalry to see here. They’ll probably already be back at their computers in their completely normal routines of creating accounts on Marquette fan boards to troll.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2023, 02:21:45 PM »
Shooter

I do understand how that could be taken as a low blow, but thought it was a feeling that some on here could relate to.

Ha!  I know.  I had that feeling once with the Bears when I attended MU in the late 80s and early 90s. Haven’t felt it since.  I’m trapped in Bears amd White Sox and Bulls and for now, Black Hawks hell.  Thank God MU is good.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2023, 06:16:47 PM »
Wear Gold….wear Blue.

DO NOT WEAR WHITE.

White out planned for Saturday am.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2023, 06:51:13 PM »
Wear Gold….wear Blue.

DO NOT WEAR WHITE.

It’s always a white out in Madison.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

fjm

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2023, 03:54:56 PM »
I’ll be there. Nose bleeds. Can’t wait.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2023, 03:56:49 PM »

I hope so goose. But this game is always a bit more tight than expected.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2023, 03:57:19 PM »
I’ll be there. Nose bleeds. Can’t wait.
Who punched you?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2023, 04:01:04 PM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2023, 04:11:15 PM »
Buddies upgraded their tickets, so I now have three extras in Section 318. DM me if you need tickets.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2023, 04:26:59 PM »
It’s always a white out in Madison.
Haha—so true Wades.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2023, 04:27:08 PM »

I just thought that was the admissions policy
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2023, 04:53:56 PM »
Awesome Goose, please add in "you should extend Gard" commentary as you leave the game for me....

Brew

Can I tell everyone how insufferable and arrogant my behavior is going to be? Like most people, I love winners and we have winning program at an extremely high level, which is not a good thing with my personality. I think my level of arrogance is going to be a combination of the fanbases of Duke, Kansas and Kentucky and just a hint of an alum from ND. If anyone happens to be near me, I will be the guy yelling "run in up" from the opening tip. I might get into my real arrogant persona of pretending Shaka should call off the wolves because UW players are college kids, just like our players.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2023, 07:00:04 PM »

Yeah, I am not able to attend this year, but I have attended multiple MU games at the Kohl Center dressed in full MU gold and outside of a couple side-eyes when things are going Marquette's way, have had no issues pre, during and post game.  (Marquette is 3-2 when I have attended BTW.)  Honestly outside of a weird love of slow-paced basketball, their fans are pretty normal.

The only time I experienced any over the top attitude from Badger fans was the Maymon year when his father was agitating the crowd.
Ludum habemus.

feedback