'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Lennys Tap
[Today at 09:40:37 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[Today at 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: And with that....  (Read 13567 times)

WarriorInNYC

• All American
Re: And with that....
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 10:58:21 PM »
We can still make fun of Bucky for their most recent championship being in 1941.  ;D

Now let's run them out of their gym next season and make the world right again

So get off your seat and Jump Around!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZaz7OqyTHQ

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 10:58:59 PM »
That's what I was telling my son.  It took the 5th or 6th replay to make it look like Duke even touched it, but wow it was a fingernail....but that would have been a foul any other time during the game.  He was clobbered by Koenig.

I agree with this in spirit, but the refs are supposed to follow the rules.

It was obvious that the ball went off of Winslow. Obvious to millions and millions of fans. They looked at the replay a gazillion times, and we all saw it, too.

I think Duke would have won anyway, but we'll never know. I know I'm sure glad Bucky didn't get the call or the game.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 11:00:53 PM »
Congrats to UW. They'll go down in history like Utah.  Great coach who's program declines shortly after the coach leaves.  MU will quickly regain the title as Wisconsin/Midwest's best team.

I can see MU regaining the "title" as Wisconsin's best team but the Midwest's best?  The same midwest that includes Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, etc, etc? (not really sure if Kansas is considered midwest but my point stands)

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2015, 11:02:26 PM »
I can see MU regaining the "title" as Wisconsin's best team but the Midwest's best?  The same midwest that includes Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, etc, etc? (not really sure if Kansas is considered midwest but my point stands)

Missouri ?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2015, 11:05:34 PM »

It was obvious that the ball went off of Winslow. Obvious to millions and millions of fans. They looked at the replay a gazillion times, and we all saw it, too.

I think Duke would have won anyway, but we'll never know. I know I'm sure glad Bucky didn't get the call or the game.

It was obvious on my 60" HD television after seeing multiple angles and having them reverse slow mow it.  Not sure the refs had that same look.  For that matter, I don't even know what replays the refs had, but I do agree with you that if they had the same look, the same size TV, etc, then they should have called it.

Of course, plenty of bad calls on the other side as well.  I think what they will be kicking themselves with is a 9 point lead and Duke in major foul trouble.  I said yesterday foul trouble was a huge thing to look out for.  UW-madison had a huge advantage there and couldn't take advantage of it. 

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2015, 11:06:16 PM »
Missouri ?

Ehh guess I was just having flashbacks of the tourny in 2009

ShootinOutWallsofHeartach

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2015, 11:08:39 PM »
I hope you guys are happy that college basketball championships are only for the blue bloods anymore
You guys had a great season, but you don't know how to win, and you certainly don't know how to lose. Back to the hedgehog hole. '41 and 0

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2015, 11:10:25 PM »
It was obvious on my 60" HD television after seeing multiple angles and having them reverse slow mow it.  Not sure the refs had that same look.  For that matter, I don't even know what replays the refs had, but I do agree with you that if they had the same look, the same size TV, etc, then they should have called it.

Of course, plenty of bad calls on the other side as well.  I think what they will be kicking themselves with is a 9 point lead and Duke in major foul trouble.  I said yesterday foul trouble was a huge thing to look out for.  UW-madison had a huge advantage there and couldn't take advantage of it. 

Boo f'ing hoo. We all know the Vadgers have never received a gift from the refs.  ::)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2015, 11:14:36 PM »
Boo f'ing hoo. We all know the Vadgers have never received a gift from the refs.  ::)

I think that's what I said...bad calls both ways.  Duke was the better team.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2015, 11:18:19 PM »
F uck Wisconsin. I care as much about them as I do the University of Montana. I hope they never win any games, if only to frustrate the idiots who over rate that school in Madison.

Great season? Who cares! Screw them.

Death on call

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2015, 11:20:02 PM »

You have to set your goals accordingly.  MSU, OSU and Kansas should be considered peers of Marquette. Never accept being looked over and considered 2nd rate.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2015, 11:20:24 PM »
I think that's what I said...bad calls both ways.  Duke was the better team.

Yup, I was agreeing with you. The eye roll is directly at all those pathetic Vadger fans who scream after one foul is called against UW.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2015, 11:20:27 PM »

Excellent analysis on the overall game. Bucky had the Dookies right where they wanted them and shat the bed!

But as for the replay not being on big enough HD screens ... aren't the refs' monitors about the same size as the monitors the announcers have? The announcers clearly saw the same thing millions at home did, and said so about 20 times.

One thing's for sure: If replay can't reverse that call, they might as well not even have it as an option.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2015, 11:30:39 PM »
F uck Wisconsin. I care as much about them as I do the University of Montana. I hope they never win any games, if only to frustrate the idiots who over rate that school in Madison.

What's your beef with the Grizz?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2015, 11:32:31 PM »

this
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2015, 11:34:56 PM »
this

Grayson

I'm pretty sure you are getting laid for the next month
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:29:10 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2015, 11:57:32 PM »
Thank you, coach k, for selling Wojo on Marquette and for making badger fans cry.    I will never say another bad word about you. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2015, 09:27:35 AM »
Yeah, cause we never saw Final Four runs by Butler, George Mason, VCU, Wichita State, etc. over the past decade.

In the end, though, all the last 12 champions are top 20 historical programs, and most of them top 10.  I love parity, but college basketball doesn't have it at the top.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2015, 09:30:37 AM »
In the end, though, all the last 12 champions are top 20 historical programs, and most of them top 10.  I love parity, but college basketball doesn't have it at the top.
far ahead of college football
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2015, 09:53:34 AM »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2015, 10:15:34 AM »

I think the refs finished their review before CBS was even putting up the super slo-mo replay that finally showed the contact

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2015, 12:59:21 PM »

Unbelievable.  Extremely unfair and ungracious things to say...about University of Montana.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2015, 01:06:49 PM »

Obvious?  No video showed the hand actually touching the ball, although it's clearly right there.  Some guy has a YouTube video where the picture is blown up until all that's left is the hand and the ball and in super slow motion, and he's like there, there for a micro second you can see a finger bend, so it must have touched the ball.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2015, 01:22:45 PM »
Excellent analysis on the overall game. Bucky had the Dookies right where they wanted them and shat the bed!

But as for the replay not being on big enough HD screens ... aren't the refs' monitors about the same size as the monitors the announcers have? The announcers clearly saw the same thing millions at home did, and said so about 20 times.

One thing's for sure: If replay can't reverse that call, they might as well not even have it as an option.

Yep. Tough break on that one.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2015, 02:00:00 PM »
I hope you guys are happy that college basketball championships are only for the blue bloods anymore.

You're right because I forgot about that champion from the Power conference that is the American .... LAST YEAR.