[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tyler Dorsey  (Read 10260 times)

wardle2wade

• All American
Tyler Dorsey
« on: June 14, 2014, 10:19:36 AM »
This would be a great get.  Five-star guard from Cali who decommited from Zona, and supposedly MU is one of 17 schools to be involved.  Tough competition, but nice to see.  Hopefully Wojo can make this happen. 

http://cbsprt.co/1qLUZag

"It had been rumored for several weeks, but it became official on Saturday: five-star guard Tyler Dorsey has decommited from Arizona."

"Dorsey, a 6-foot-4 guard from St. John Bosco (Calif.), committed to the Wildcats back in January. When Arizona took a commitment from rising point guard Justin Simon and extended offers to some other guards, it was clear Dorsey was wavering. He is ranked No. 12 in the 247Sports Composite for the class of 2015."

"Dinis Trigonis said he expects schools like UConn, Kansas, Duke, UCLA, Washington, Cal, Arizona State, Louisville, Texas, SMU, UNLV, Marquette, St. John’s, Florida State, Oregon, Oregon State and Tulsa to get involved now that Dorsey is back on the market."

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: Tyler Dorsey
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 10:21:31 AM »
Give him a call, Nick N.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 10:25:24 AM »
Does Juanderson know this cat?

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 10:32:23 AM »

Don't know, but there are over 375 miles between Castro Valley near Oakland and St John Bosco in Socal.  I'm going to bet against it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 10:48:40 AM »
No Bumstead, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 10:52:09 AM »
We gonna put an all-guard team on the floor?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 11:49:04 AM »

No reason he shouldn't. I mean, they're both from California. LA and SF are only 400 miles apart.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 11:50:17 AM »

I thought we just signed Diener

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 11:56:09 AM »

MU is going to be doing that, anyway.   Any game before the end of the first semester where STjr and Juan pick up their second foul in the first half.....       The Deonte, JJJ, Mayo, Carlino, Duane show.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 12:01:39 PM »
Don't know, but there are over 375 miles between Castro Valley near Oakland and St John Bosco in Socal.  I'm going to bet against it.

SJB is not that far from me.  I would be shocked to see this kid go anywhere beyond Pacific time zone

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 12:16:38 PM »

+1

Just because MU is in a laundry list of schools, means nothing.  We're not going to get him. We're already guard overloaded this year and maybe next year too.  He's not going to go to a program this guard heavy.  
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 12:21:29 PM by HutchwasClutch »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 12:20:59 PM »
I would not reject him out of hand, but in the not too distant future, there is probably going to be a 6'8 freshman-to-be who is going to lose out on a numbers game or realize he doesn't want to go so far from home.   I don't know who that is, but that is the kid that MU needs. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 12:27:54 PM »
SJB is not that far from me.  I would be shocked to see this kid go anywhere beyond Pacific time zone

+1

When you think about it, how many west coast kids have we ever landed?!  Juan Anderson and Terry Reason are the only ones that jump to mind. I honestly don't think I'm forgetting anyone either.   

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 12:36:37 PM »
+1

When you think about it, how many west coast kids have we ever landed?!  Juan Anderson and Terry Reason are the only ones that jump to mind. I honestly don't think I'm forgetting anyone either.   

Pfft. Yous Mbao was recruited out of Stoneridge Prep in Cali.

Dorsey is a really good scorer. Has played with dudes who went far away, including UCONN's Daniel Hamilton (SJB, Belmont Shore, etc) ...
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 12:40:55 PM »

Yeah I don't know how I could have forgot Yous Mbao- did he log a half's worth of minutes at MU?  Plus his roots are hardly west coast.  I imagine he played all of one year at Stoneridge Prep?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 12:47:21 PM by HutchwasClutch »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 12:45:48 PM »

Dorsey is a really good scorer. Has played with dudes who went far away, including UCONN's Daniel Hamilton (SJB, Belmont Shore, etc) ...

Diploma Mill....Stoneridge Prep.   Those days are over, hopefully. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2014, 01:03:35 PM »
According to ESPN - his list prior to his Arizona commitment were several Pac 12 schools, Gonzaga (Spokane WA), the last two national champions, and Florida.

Yeah, I'd say we've got a great shot at this kid.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 01:19:13 PM »
+1

Does Alaska count as west coast? I mean it's west and on the coast...
Maigh Eo for Sam

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 01:34:01 PM »
MU is going to be doing that, anyway.   Any game before the end of the first semester where STjr and Juan pick up their second foul in the first half.....       The Deonte, JJJ, Mayo, Carlino, Duane show.   
You are forgetting the elite game changer Derrick here.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2014, 01:35:53 PM »
Does Alaska count as west coast? I mean it's west and on the coast...
Yeah, you forgot Mike Davis a JUCO from California. Think he was nabbed by Majerus or Dukiet. A real dazzler.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 01:44:51 PM »
You are forgetting the elite game changer Derrick here.

Man Willie, Buzz got to you. Let it go man  ;)
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »
yeah eagle--we all know that he get to you also. Still has you. And besides I am not the only one still posting about Derrick. See above.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2014, 02:27:42 PM »
yeah eagle--we all know that he get to you also. Still has you. And besides I am not the only one still posting about Derrick. See above.

I actually haven't started one conversation about Buzz since he left. You can go back and check. I'd rather let him "slink off into the sunset" or whatever it is you like to say. I just respond to those who can't seem to let it go  ;)

Just yanking your chain a bit Willie man.
TAMU

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2014, 05:10:11 PM »
+1

Just because MU is in a laundry list of schools, means nothing.  We're not going to get him. We're already guard overloaded this year and maybe next year too.  He's not going to go to a program this guard heavy.  

Yes, he's probably not coming here, but I highly doubt it's due to concern over the competition he'd face here for playing time.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2014, 05:14:07 PM »
I actually haven't started one conversation about Buzz since he left. You can go back and check. I'd rather let him "slink off into the sunset" or whatever it is you like to say. I just respond to those who can't seem to let it go  ;)

Just yanking your chain a bit Willie man.

Somehow, I've never thought of Willie as being on any kind of a chain.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2014, 06:03:15 PM »
Somehow, I've never thought of Willie as being on any kind of a chain.
Chain of Fools by Aretha; Ball and Chain by Janis; Chains by the Cookies; Workin' on the Chain Gang by Sam Cooke; and an all time biggie, Unchain My Heart by Ray would all make my top 500.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »
This would be a great get.  Five-star guard from Cali who decommited from Zona, and supposedly MU is one of 17 schools to be involved.  Tough competition, but nice to see.  Hopefully Wojo can make this happen. 

http://cbsprt.co/1qLUZag

"Dinis Trigonis said he expects schools like UConn, Kansas, Duke, UCLA, Washington, Cal, Arizona State, Louisville, Texas, SMU, UNLV, Marquette, St. John’s, Florida State, Oregon, Oregon State and Tulsa to get involved now that Dorsey is back on the market."

I think that list is every high major team that has vacancies…very strange list of schools.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2014, 06:42:31 PM »
Chain of Fools by Aretha; Ball and Chain by Janis; Chains by the Cookies; Workin' on the Chain Gang by Sam Cooke; and an all time biggie, Unchain My Heart by Ray would all make my top 500.

Might "Back on the Chain Gang" by the Pretenders make that list, as well?

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2014, 07:48:17 PM »
I like that we are in the mix for a quality player like this. The more our name is out there the better off we will be.  Even if  we don't get this young man, he has teammates, friends and the club coaches see us in a good light.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2014, 07:56:14 PM »

What about The Chain by Fleetwood Mac?
TAMU

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2014, 09:26:35 PM »
I like that we are in the mix for a quality player like this. The more our name is out there the better off we will be.  Even if  we don't get this young man, he has teammates, friends and the club coaches see us in a good light.

That's the philosophy DePaul has had for every top player coming out of Chicago for years now. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2014, 09:33:26 PM »
What about The Chain by Fleetwood Mac?

Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers

Unchain My Heart- Joe Cocker

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2014, 10:11:40 PM »
Simply "Chains," written by Carole King and somebody else, recorded (but never released) by the Everly Brothers and covered by The Beatles (among others).

Chains. My baby's got me locked up in chains. And they ain't the kind. That you can see. Whoa, oh, these chains of love got a hold on me, yeah.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2014, 12:58:18 AM »

All classics, Willie. But you forgot one of the very best - Chain Gang Blues by Sonny Terry. Devastating.

Death on call

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2014, 07:00:19 AM »

Oh boy--an all time great sung by Bobby Hatfield from Beaver Dam. Saw them live at least 5 times. And who can forget them from Shindig.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2014, 07:01:43 AM »
Simply "Chains," written by Carole King and somebody else, recorded (but never released) by the Everly Brothers and covered by The Beatles (among others).

Chains. My baby's got me locked up in chains. And they ain't the kind. That you can see. Whoa, oh, these chains of love got a hold on me, yeah.
Believe the original was first recorded by the Cookies.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2014, 07:06:21 AM »
All classics, Willie. But you forgot one of the very best - Chain Gang Blues by Sonny Terry. Devastating.

Man,Keefe, how the hell old are you. That may even date me. Here's one for you. Did Pine Top Perkins ever record with Sonny Terry? I sure don't know.

Best white Harp player ever: Corky Siegel, followed closely by Pau Butterfield.

And please, no Harmonicats comments.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2014, 07:06:47 AM »
David Boone was one of my all time favorites post Al era and he was Cali boy. Wasn't Mike Davis from Cali as well?

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2014, 08:36:41 AM »
David Boone was one of my all time favorites post Al era and he was Cali boy. Wasn't Mike Davis from Cali as well?

Holy smokes, forget David Boone?  What's wrong with me?  Great catch, Goose.  A transfer from St. Mary's, IIRC.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2014, 08:40:41 AM »

Believe the original was first recorded by the Cookies.

If I heard correctly, MU82 lost his Cookies during his years at Marquette.

The Cookies released chains in November of 1962, the Beatles version was released in the US in February of 1964.  The Beatles were both huge American R&B fans and early on, they covered a few of their favorites.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:09:24 AM by LittleMurs »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2014, 09:14:17 AM »
Chain Reaction by Journey.  Still remember the video...not good.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2014, 09:35:59 AM »
Chain Saw by the Ramones.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2014, 09:49:50 AM »

We still have people bitching about Crean...and he got us to a Final Four.  Part of this fanbase refuses to let *anything* go.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2014, 10:11:49 AM »
If I heard correctly, MU82 lost his Cookies during his years at Marquette.

The Cookies released chains in November of 1962, the Beatles version was released in the US in February of 1964.  The Beatles were both huge American R&B fans and early on, they covered a few of their favorites.

I only lost my cookies twice at Marquette, on my 20th and 21st birthdays. My 20th was especially memorable, but I won't bore everyone with the pukey details.

Yes, I did forget that The Cookies beat the Beatles to it. Influenced by my older brothers, I was a huge Beatles fan so that's the version I heard. And my kids, to my delight, became huge Beatles fans and still are to this day.

I want to tell you, pretty baby, I-I think you're fi-ine. I want to love you, but darling I'm imprisoned by these ... Chains, my baby's got me locked up in chains.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 07:01:39 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2014, 12:28:37 PM »

Nice catch, Lenny

Death on call

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »
I think Tulsa is saying the same thing.

muwar2003

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2014, 10:00:45 PM »
Why can't people stay with the topics and not go off some weird tangent?  Now I am betting someone will make a crack about my posting. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2014, 10:10:08 PM »
Man,Keefe, how the hell old are you. That may even date me. Here's one for you. Did Pine Top Perkins ever record with Sonny Terry? I sure don't know.

I am a huge fan of Mississippi John Hurt though I obviously never saw him in person.

Butterfield Blues Band was out of this world.

Death on call

augoman

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2014, 01:07:31 AM »

Willie, are you talking Corky Siegel of the Siegel/Schwall Blues Band?  I'd be hard pressed to put him ahead of Paul Butterfield..., or Milwaukee's Jim Liban for that matter.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2014, 04:19:09 AM »
Willie, are you talking Corky Siegel of the Siegel/Schwall Blues Band?  I'd be hard pressed to put him ahead of Paul Butterfield..., or Milwaukee's Jim Liban for that matter.

Sonny Terry. Best ever. No debate.

Death on call

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2014, 10:02:04 AM »

racist!

Butterfield aside, that list is open to personal interpretation, I would put quite a few others up there i.e. William Clark, Jerry Portnoy, Magic Dick, Charlie Musselwhite, James Harman, Rick Estrin possibly even Kim Wilson, Rory Gallagher, Rod Piazza or Delbert McClinton

(not a fan of Siegel-Schwall but its all subjective))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 10:20:46 AM by Chucklehead »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2014, 10:05:44 AM »
racist!

Butterfield aside, that list is open to personal interpretation, I would put quite a few others up there i.e. William Clark, Jerry Portnoy, Magic Dick, Charlie Musselwhite, James Harman, Rick Estrin possibly even Kim Wilson, Rory Gallagher, Rod Piazza or Delbert McClinton

(not a fan of Siegel-Schwall white blues)

I am outraged this list doesn't include Bob Dylan and Neil Young!

Death on call

feedback