[Today at 10:46:03 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Viper
[Today at 10:44:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tomorrow's game is sold out  (Read 32074 times)

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
Re: Tomorrow's game is sold out
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2020, 01:56:03 AM »
When a team gets railroaded by an average opponent most fans get upset with the coach. The intros today show us how the average fan feels about Wojo. For those that want the guy to retire here, today was a clear sign of how the majority of fans feel.  Take note.
Railroaded? You mean steamrolled ?
To your point.... From all reports a small chorus of boos were directed at Wojo at the beginning of the game and that now constitutes the opinion of the average fan and the majority of fans. Of course the cheers by the whole crowd at the end of the game are not interpreted as a sign of support for Wojo. Hmmmmm
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 02:30:33 AM by WhoaJoe2020 »

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2020, 03:55:59 AM »
When a team gets railroaded by an average opponent most fans get upset with the coach. The intros today show us how the average fan feels about Wojo. For those that want the guy to retire here, today was a clear sign of how the majority of fans feel.  Take note.

Yeah, but Wojo has to be the first MU coach to be booed at home, ever.  Think about that for a second.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2020, 06:55:53 AM »
Yeah, but Wojo has to be the first MU coach to be booed at home, ever.  Think about that for a second.

Crean was absolutely booed while coach.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2020, 07:21:34 AM »
Yeah butt, he's always bin an ass hole foney doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2020, 07:22:26 AM »
Wasn't Al booed after one of the losses down the stretch in 1977? I thought that was at least an urban legend, and I recently read a reprint of a November 1977 SI article in which he talked about being booed.

But sure, Wojo being booed by a few dozen or few hundred mopes is "proof" that a majority of fans want him fired. I guess him being cheered when he was introduced before the Central Arkansas game -- with not a single boo to be heard -- was "proof" that a majority of fans want him to receive a 10-year, $100 million contract extension. I wonder what Tuesday's pregame will "prove."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2020, 07:30:14 AM »

Nope.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2020, 07:42:09 AM »
This is right up there with the dumbest posts of all time

MU82

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2020, 08:39:46 AM »

When you have to tell an outright lie to try to make your main point, it shows how little validity that point has. And it speaks to the reliability of the person making it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2020, 08:42:04 AM »
Wasn't Al booed after one of the losses down the stretch in 1977? I thought that was at least an urban legend, and I recently read a reprint of a November 1977 SI article in which he talked about being booed.

But sure, Wojo being booed by a few dozen or few hundred mopes is "proof" that a majority of fans want him fired. I guess him being cheered when he was introduced before the Central Arkansas game -- with not a single boo to be heard -- was "proof" that a majority of fans want him to receive a 10-year, $100 million contract extension. I wonder what Tuesday's pregame will "prove."
[/q

Nope Nads, refs were booed (deserving so) following loss to Wichita St., hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2020, 09:09:27 AM »
I didn't hear any booing. Maybe you could if you were close to where those assclowns were sitting...

I was, however, sitting not too far away from a guy who was screaming at individual players. Picture our most hateful game thread participants shouting their posts at full volume.

Are the ushers allowed to boot someone like that, or at least tell them to take it down a notch?
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2020, 09:12:47 AM »
Dis iz America, Ma. Ewe have da freedom to voice yo opinion, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2020, 09:18:12 AM »
Did not hear any booing in our section.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2020, 09:19:08 AM »
Booing the home team usually exposes the worst people, so it can be helpful in that regard
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2020, 09:25:35 AM »

Fiserv is also private property,  so they can tell you to be respectful of other customers or give you the boot
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2020, 09:30:40 AM »
And the rest are free to judge you.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2020, 09:34:15 AM »

Dis iz da Ewenited States, where wee all so hav da freedom to say an openyun iz trash.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 09:51:44 AM by Pakuni »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2020, 09:59:47 AM »

False.

How many false things are you going to say this week.  You are so far out your element here it is comically sad.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2020, 10:04:08 AM »
There were 4 of us and none of us  heard any booing in our section! ! !  8-)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2020, 10:14:42 AM »
I don’t mind taking guys like Henry either, but that’s a totally different scenario.  He can blow his knee out, needs to stay four years and graduate.  Some of the guys in question COULD NOT GRADUATE PERIOD.

Aaron Hutchins and DWade say hi. Glad you didn't block them too in your job in the AD.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2020, 10:23:36 AM »
Aaron Hutchins and DWade say hi. Glad you didn't block them too in your job in the AD.

Sigh.

Both of them were capable of graduating and one has.  At issue are players we recruited that mathematically COULD NOT graduate...no possible scenario.  Wade and Hutch don’t fit that bill.

Try again.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2020, 10:28:22 AM »
Booing the home team usually exposes the worst people, so it can be helpful in that regard

It’s a free country, sure, but I don’t get the “booing thing” period. Our guys, their guys, the refs - IMO it speaks volumes about the one doing the booing and zero about those being booed.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2020, 10:39:26 AM »
Sigh.

Both of them were capable of graduating and one has.  At issue are players we recruited that mathematically COULD NOT graduate...no possible scenario.  Wade and Hutch don’t fit that bill.

Try again.

Bullsh*t.  Do you honestly believe this?  Of course they could graduate if given the time and if they put in the effort.  It is never possible for someone "mathematically" not to be able to graduate.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2020, 10:49:08 AM »
Sigh.

Try again.

Sigh...20 years to judge?

Hutch, Wade, Lazar, etc. NEVER would be admitted to MU today...and shouldn't have been back then....and on and on and on. 

Hypocrisy is seeping out of your keyboard.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2020, 10:54:28 AM »
Not even close. As a matter of fact, I think that all the coaches have been booed at home during their tenure.
Think about that for a second!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2020, 10:57:08 AM »
It’s a free country, sure, but I don’t get the “booing thing” period. Our guys, their guys, the refs - IMO it speaks volumes about the one doing the booing and zero about those being booed.

Alcohol is often a factor, lord knows I’ve been a terrible person to be around at a sporting event after being over served.

Booing the refs is interesting.  Does it help?  I’d have to search but studies show refs “favor” the home team more often than not.  Does booing then intimidate them or embolden them?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

feedback