'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 09:11:02 AM]

Welcome Jack Anderson! by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:05:25 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 07:24:03 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tomorrow's game is sold out  (Read 32070 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Tomorrow's game is sold out
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2020, 07:10:28 PM »
We win a real big game and Scoop still becomes a juvenile pissing contest. Sad and so annoying.

Becomes? The word you are looking for is continues.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2020, 07:10:54 PM »
Just throwing this out there, I thought the booing of Wojo before the game classless and was not a good look for recruits present today.

Wow.  That actually happened?  Some fans...

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2020, 07:18:51 PM »
Oh yes it did. It was cringeworthy.
I was disappointed.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2020, 07:24:05 PM »
Oh yes it did. It was cringeworthy.
I was disappointed.

I didn’t think it stood out or was obvious. It was a smattering and pretty muted

I agree it’s classless and I haven’t been giving any love to Wojo. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2020, 07:25:41 PM »
Agreed. Missed the student section energy, though I have to say the people in the student sections stood far more than everyone else. I suppose they had to to see over the students. Fans in my area were glued to their seats. Bizarre to me because at times I couldn’t help but to stand up. Nice to see the full house though.

I stand whenever play dictates it, regardless of which section I'm sitting in or who's behind me. And play dictated it often today. If the folks behind me didn't like it, they could leave a sporting event and go to church. Or the old folks' home.

Just throwing this out there, I thought the booing of Wojo before the game classless and was not a good look for recruits present today.

I was embarrassed for the people who did it.

I cheered for Wojo, just as I did for each.player during introductons.

We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2020, 07:26:49 PM »
Most did not cheer for Wojo, the way before Howard got the roar. You barely heard people boo.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2020, 07:57:38 PM »
This is all hair splitting and/or made up phony outrage. Buzz recruited ONE f’ing guy (with admission’s blessing) who arrived at MU without a “mathematical chance” of graduating during his eligibility. Whoop de f’ing do.

Truth? Our most successful teams (under Al, TC and Buzz) had plenty of questionable (or worse) students who arrived as long shots to graduate at all, let alone “on time”. Despite Chico’s lies, the only time our APR has EVER been in trouble was 2 years in smack in the middle of the Bronze Beast’s era.

Misleading. The first year the NCAA calculated the APR was in 2004. It was done because schools weren’t progressing players.  Those first two years were our lowest. Under Crean, the APR rose to its highest levels. Every year under Buzz it decreased the next lowest.

In 2005, the NCAA changed the calculation so that early entrants didn’t impact the APR. so in 2004 our lowest year, Wade leaving negatively impacted the APR while those same players didn’t negatively impact Buzz. If calculated the same Buzz would have been worse than his score reflects or Crean would have been better

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2020, 09:30:53 PM »
I stand whenever play dictates it, regardless of which section I'm sitting in or who's behind me. And play dictated it often today. If the folks behind me didn't like it, they could leave a sporting event and go to church. Or the old folks' home.
I had seats in 102; right behind the students. The university and Fiserv would not allow me to stand whenever the students stood. Could not see over the students. Complaints from behind. I am no longer a season ticket holder. Why can the students stand whenever the ball is in play but not those behind them? I was fine with standing with the students.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2020, 09:39:57 PM »
Everything I heard about Henry was that he was a great student. I haven't heard anything negative about Mane's grades

Terrific. How close is Henry to his MU diploma? Answer? Not nearly as close as Jae.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2020, 09:42:44 PM »
Henry Ellenson was never going to graduate in his time at MU.  Karim Mane, if we hopefully land him, will never graduate in his time either.  I have no issue with the recruitment of either, but pretending that we're only going to recruit guys who we know will graduate has always been nonsense.  Crowder came a hell of a lot closer to graduating than Ellenson did, or Mane will.  Criticizing a guy who spent four years in college (and in Crowder's case, obviously got crap advice from someone he trusted when it came to JuCo credits) while praising obvious One and Dones on the 1% chance they spend all four years on campus is pure nonsense.

Jae Crowder proudly represented this university.  It honestly bums me out how often people crap on him. A true Warrior, and not just on the court.

+1000 Soda.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2020, 10:02:42 PM »
If graduating was important to the administration, they would 100% never accept a guy like Mane. You and I both know they happily will, so enough with the semantics.
What our coaching staff has done is recruit what I would refer to as Good Kids. That is kids with solid work ethic and not rabble rousers.  From all accounts and the interviews out there, Mane is a good quality kid who will fit in perfectly with the team culture. 

If he goes one and done it is win for him and MU. I am confident he will be able to maintain his academics in a way that doesn't hurt APR if he elects to go one or two and done. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2020, 10:06:00 PM »
I had seats in 102; right behind the students. The university and Fiserv would not allow me to stand whenever the students stood. Could not see over the students. Complaints from behind. I am no longer a season ticket holder. Why can the students stand whenever the ball is in play but not those behind them? I was fine with standing with the students.

Agree ... that's ridiculous!

Sounds like those are the worst seats in the entire house.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2020, 10:30:44 PM »
The university and Fiserv would not allow me to stand whenever the students stood.

Wait...what? This needs further explanation.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2020, 10:48:21 PM »

I was embarrassed for the people who did it.

I cheered for Wojo, just as I did for each.player during introductons.

We Are Marquette!

Some people don’t like spending tens of thousands of dollars to not make the 2nd round. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2020, 10:49:58 PM »
Terrific. How close is Henry to his MU diploma? Answer? Not nearly as close as Jae.

That's great. It's also not relevant to the conversation.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2020, 10:55:38 PM »
Some people don’t like spending tens of thousands of dollars to not make the 2nd round.

Cool. Those who chose not to boo obviously love spending money to not make the 2nd round.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2020, 10:56:48 PM »

You're spending tens of thousands of dollars on a college basketball team?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2020, 11:14:00 PM »
Wait...what? This needs further explanation.

+100

I've never heard of anything like this at any venue.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2020, 11:14:18 PM »
I was there and heard the booing, and it actually surprised me(no I did NOT boo). I actually thought it was fairly loud and audible though. I'm not saying it's right to do, but I do 100% understand frustration from fans that caused them to boo. To me booing Wojo is far different then booing the team though. I mean, plenty of Coaches across all levels have been booed in the past. After all, they are making millions of dollars, it comes with the territory.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2020, 11:20:23 PM »
I was there and heard the booing, and it actually surprised me(no I did NOT boo). I actually thought it was fairly loud and audible though. I'm not saying it's right to do, but I do 100% understand frustration from fans that caused them to boo. To me booing Wojo is far different then booing the team though. I mean, plenty of Coaches across all levels have been booed in the past. After all, they are making millions of dollars, it comes with the territory.

guru, we'll see how understanding you are if Mane chooses to go elsewhere because, "Man, the team is 10-3 and has been to the NCAAs 2 of the last 3 years, but they boo the coach! What's up with that? Vibe too negative."

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2020, 11:24:33 PM »

Playing in Philly, the 'boo compensation' is actually a big portion of Jay Wright's salary.  (Technically it's called the "jeering clause.")

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2020, 11:38:42 PM »
Wow.  That actually happened?  Some fans...
Good subject for a poll!
How many scoopers at the game booed Wojo?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2020, 01:03:04 AM »

Crowd during the game I thought was decent.

Of course it is, but of course some of our fans boo at Senior night and they wonder why our coaches don’t last long.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2020, 01:06:10 AM »

Those same fans have their thumb up their arse when coaches leave....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2020, 01:14:25 AM »

When a team gets railroaded by an average opponent most fans get upset with the coach. The intros today show us how the average fan feels about Wojo. For those that want the guy to retire here, today was a clear sign of how the majority of fans feel.  Take note.

feedback