collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sports GOATS  (Read 4271 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Sports GOATS
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2023, 08:24:14 PM »
Smarter than humans?  No.  But these other species are not dumb at all.  And you have indirectly disparaged most of our marine mammals, primates, elephants, octopuses, and a plethora of other species.  Anyone who thinks 🐙 are dumb have no fking idea what they're talking about.
Whoosh
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2023, 11:09:51 AM »
Uhhh....no.  This is beyond ridiculous and prejudicial.  Do you really think Chimpanzees and other primates, elephants, whales, octopuses, dogs, cats, etc, are dumb?  This is literally the stupidest thing I've ever read.
compared to humans, yes

tower912

• All American
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2023, 11:44:07 AM »
Yeah, but the animals are smart enough to stay off of social media.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2023, 12:10:45 PM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2023, 01:53:46 PM »
The obvious choice for baseball:

Have some patience, FFS.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2023, 02:28:28 PM »
The obvious choice for baseball:

I loved that GOAT.

<sox fan here>

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2023, 03:07:29 PM »
compared to humans, yes

We have no idea how to measure the intelligence of many of our tremendous animals.  And "smart" is highly nuanced within the entire human race.   Having different brain capacities than humans doesn't make other animals "dumb"  by any stretch.  That's an asinine contention, filled with incredible arrogance, and complete disrespect. 

Were the Elephants near Chiang Mai Thailand stupid for climbing up the mountains before that massive tsunami hit?  Were the humans smart for not following them uphill?  Stop disparaging and mocking these phenomenal creatures.  WTF makes us so special?  Our rapacity and selfishness is quite frankly awful and disgusting. 

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2023, 03:25:17 PM »
We have no idea how to measure the intelligence of many of our tremendous animals.  And "smart" is highly nuanced within the entire human race.   Having different brain capacities than humans doesn't make other animals "dumb"  by any stretch.  That's an asinine contention, filled with incredible arrogance, and complete disrespect. 

Were the Elephants near Chiang Mai Thailand stupid for climbing up the mountains before that massive tsunami hit?  Were the humans smart for not following them uphill?  Stop disparaging and mocking these phenomenal creatures.  WTF makes us so special?  Our rapacity and selfishness is quite frankly awful and disgusting. 

That was only 1 elephant from the stories found, so were the others too dumb to follow?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2023, 03:27:04 PM »

So, do you only eat the dumb animals?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2023, 06:00:29 PM »
So, do you only eat the dumb animals?

I've discussed this ad nauseum and explained that I'm not a vegetarian.  Nevertheless lawdog we are unfairly attacking members of the animal kingdom here and it's not right.   

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2023, 06:08:04 PM »
That was only 1 elephant from the stories found, so were the others too dumb to follow?

No.  Not according to my contacts at two elephant sanctuaries there.  There were a number of eyewitness accounts that many of them went uphill and sought higher ground. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2023, 06:11:02 PM »
S-Billy,  I have been privileged to spend some time with both Asian and African Elephants.  They are highly intelligent and deserve our utmost respect. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2023, 09:07:35 PM »
S-Billy,  I have been privileged to spend some time with both Asian and African Elephants.  They are highly intelligent and deserve our utmost respect.

They could probably recruit better than Shaka
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2023, 12:52:38 PM »
We're not "better distance runners" and by a longshot.  Do you have any idea what Pronghorn would run a marathon in?  And why does it have to be on a human circular track?  Pronghorns can run about 47mph for several hours.  Case closed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting

We're terrifying animals.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2023, 02:17:43 PM »
We're talking the greatest athletes of all time and someone had to ask "What about animals?  How do they compare?"

Air Bud is the only animal I've seen make a shot on a 10 foot hoop.  So to answer the question, they phucking suck.

Good god how weird do you have to be to derail a thread about the best athletes in sports and ask why people are disrespecting the rhinoceros or whatever other animal might be stronger than a human?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2023, 02:29:00 PM »

Air Bud is the only animal I've seen make a shot on a 10 foot hoop.  So to answer the question, they phucking suck.

I will see your basketball-shooting dog and raise you a field-goal-kicking mule.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 02:31:53 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2023, 02:32:44 PM »
I am in favor of affirmative action for pachyderms at the Ivy League schools. Dolphin and chimpanzee legacy admissions are unfair.