MUScoop > Hangin' at the Al

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule

(1/37) > >>

WeAreMarquette96:
Not sure if there was a thread on this already but if so couldn’t find it.

So far off top of my head there is the Badgers game at Fiserv and the neutral site game vs Georgia in the Bahamas.

Rothstein just announced this is the final year of the Big East/Big 12 Battle.. hope we aren’t on the path to having to have an annual battle vs the Mountain West or other non P-6 conference:

https://x.com/jonrothstein/status/1778053239805546564?s=46&t=5FASZRHgruhjFLVJKu-4pQ

brewcity77:
Known Schedule so far:

[*]Nov. 15: Maryland (A)
[*]Nov. 23: Georgia (N)
[*]Dec. 4: Iowa State (A)
[*]Dec. 7 (?): Wisconsin (H)
[*]Purdue (H)
[*]Stony Brook (H)
[*]NC State (?)[/list]

Uncle Rico:

--- Quote from: brewcity77 on April 10, 2024, 09:06:52 AM ---Starting next year, there is no P6. If you remove the B12 and B10, and the SEC is already tied to both the ACC and B10, that really only leaves the ACC or (I guess) Mountain West.

After that, it's probably the A-10 or WCC as the next most desirable, and frankly, I don't think either are very desirable. I'd tier our challenge options as...

1. ACC

<Big Gap>

2. Mountain West

<Mammoth Gap>

3. There is no 3, no one else is worth it.

--- End quote ---

With the proliferation of mega leagues, non-conference scheduling is going to be more difficult, imo. 

We’re going to get to the point where Marquette can’t duck UWM anymore

lawdog77:

--- Quote from: Uncle Rico on April 10, 2024, 09:19:15 AM ---With the proliferation of mega leagues, non-conference scheduling is going to be more difficult, imo. 

We’re going to get to the point where Marquette can’t duck UWM anymore

--- End quote ---
Or Dayton, or SLU

jficke13:
Hopefully they can keep the series with ND going.

I would also be open to home-home series with old foes like Louisville, Cinci, Pitt, Cuse, WVU.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version