[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: no homo (nh)  (Read 46607 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: no homo (nh)
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2018, 07:35:10 PM »
Ban everyone in this thread.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2018, 08:16:22 PM »

Interesting.

This coming from the guy who has repeatedly called for my banning and who has famously claimed to withhold "information" because of my postings.

Yet there is not a single PM from you in my inbox.  Righteous hypocrite indeed.

He has also threatened to come after me.

A pathetic little drunk.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2018, 08:22:03 PM »
He has also threatened to come after me.

A pathetic little drunk.

Another ban worthy post. Good job, brandi
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2018, 08:26:09 PM »
This is why we can't have nice things.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2018, 08:42:25 PM »

You need a new job.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2018, 08:46:54 PM »

We did have a nice, cordial thing until a certain poster showed up. Hmm, weird.

panda

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2018, 08:59:33 PM »
A bunch of #TheRighteousHypocrites whining doesn't do much but expose them. I looked back in my PM's over the years for anyone approaching me about it privately, but came up with nothing. Guess some thought posting publicly with insults and name calling, combined with whining and bothering the mods over and over again was a more effective means of enacting change.

We've got some true warriors of justice on here. One guy stopped saying 'Vadgers'... another won't call uw-madison "Becky" because it's so hurtful and condescending to women.. get a grip.

For those of you who are so outspoken and teared-up, I wonder what other amazing actions you take to enact change. Do you sit when 'Jump Around' comes on and complain to the school about the lyrics that discuss assault on women? Do you see reruns of The Office come on and immediately start a nasty email campaign to the networks to never show another episode because it objectifies women? Or do you mostly post insults on a message board and "snitch" in private? You're truly fighting the good fight. Great job. 

(The questions above are rhetorical.. no need for you to answer, I already know the truth).

Some of you are coming at this all wrong (no mu82)

I'd stick to your free throw campaign buddy...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2018, 10:19:59 PM »
A bunch of #TheRighteousHypocrites whining doesn't do much but expose them.

So your response is a wall of text that's all whining? There's someone exposed here, but you'll need a mirror to see him.

This was a chance for you to own your BS and show that you have an iota of caring for your fellow Scoopers. And instead, you went the other way. Don't blame us, that is on you.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2018, 10:43:28 PM »
Does this mean members here can no longer refer to the Vikings as the Queens, because it is offensive?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2018, 11:08:55 PM »
Does this mean members here can no longer refer to the Vikings as the Queens, because it is offensive?

You can do it, just know it's a reflection on you as an insensitive prick
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2018, 11:16:03 PM »
You can do it, just know it's a reflection on you as an insensitive prick

Is “prick” insensitive to men? How about to non-males who identify as males?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2018, 11:23:40 PM »
Everybody needs to stop pickin' on poor, misunderstood BJ.

He's sad because the boys he loves (nh) lost at home by 1000 points to the worst team in the NFL.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2018, 11:30:21 PM »
You have found a sweet spot for yourself, that's for sure. Funny how being a bigot tends to coincide with being a coward.

You tell me when and where I can "come at you", then there won't be any room for misunderstanding. Make sure you bring a few ice packs along.

(rhetorical question - we already know you aren't man enough)

Probably best to actually look at the author of the individual posts rather than just the body and assume you think you know who the author is.

Is everyone else here working two keyboards in Transylvania?  Cause there is absolutely no shortage of stereotyping and avoiding mirrors going on in this thread.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2018, 11:33:37 PM »

He's sad because the boys he loves (nh) lost at home by 1000 points to the worst team in the NFL.

So it's ok to use the same derogatory term that that started a 4 page thread to poke fun/mock beejay, cuz hes a not-popular poster?  Just trying to keep up with the new rules here.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2018, 05:43:08 AM »

ZFB is right. You can't criticize Jay Bee for it then turn the same thing around on him. Especially in the same thread where it's been established as not a joke and not funny.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2018, 06:16:33 AM »
Funny how people who espouse taking the high road quickly take the low road when confronting the people they determined took the low road. Hypocrites. Every statement you previously made on this subject is now meaningless.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2018, 06:21:13 AM »
For the record, I believe (nh) is not necessary and it's not funny, cheap joke for people that can't come up with something better.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2018, 06:25:02 AM »
It is fun watching the same cast of characters blow themselves up on a regular basis, it's my little guilty pleasure, my soap opera if you will.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2018, 07:39:26 AM »
Hoping someone can explain this...

Player A says something that may be insulting/offensive/inflammatory/derogatory.

Player B says that's offensive.

Player A says stop whining.

Player B says you're a jerk.

And so the ultimate opinion is that player B is in the wrong?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2018, 07:44:02 AM »
Hoping someone can explain this...

Player A says something that may be insulting/offensive/inflammatory/derogatory.

Player B says that's offensive.

Player A says stop whining.

Player B says you're a jerk.

And so the ultimate opinion is that player B is in the wrong?

In this situation if player B says you're a jerk using the same derogatory or inflammatory language then that is wrong.
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2018, 08:13:30 AM »
Is “prick” insensitive to men? How about to non-males who identify as males?

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2018, 08:26:23 AM »
I have grown and learned a lot this area, and I have accepted that intentions are not an excuse.  I liken it to the the type of apology "To those I have offended..." or "Well, I didn't mean THAT way"

Just own your crap, learn, and don't use deragatory language.

Point well taken reinko, BUT, many of us are honestly just finding out, in this ever evolving world, what is offensive, kinda offensive, used to cool but is now offensive, not yet offensive but probably will be soon, etc etc.  a lot of this depends on where you live, how you live, who one interacts with, etc.  nh is a great example and there are many more.  Is this an excuse?  Nope, and I’ll try to explain why-

As I believe it was topper who said it earlier, he(and I included) had never heard of the term before.  I am only in my 50’s and I interact with a large sample of our populace, and I’m still not sure where we as a society are at with regards to pc.  I remember a short some time ago, we had a discussion on the proper way to address the female gender(no offense to the lgbtq and whichever I missed communities) in say, the workplace-ladies, women, girls, ms., mrs. Etc.  thank God for name tags.  Another example for me is, the term racist.  sadly or not, it’s meaning has expanded immensely since I was a, ahem, young child. 

My point is, or maybe, or better yet, my question is, who sets the standards of when these words et.al. officially go into affect?  As I mentioned, this is an ever evolving societal issue.  One could wander into an area and get physically harmed at worst, or unfairly labeled at least for being ignorant of the “meaning” of certain words, phrases or even body language, mean mugging for example.  Yes there are the obvious ones, but I don’t listen to rap/ hip-hop or much of the new(“hip”) stuff today which is where a lot of the aforementioned, I believe, originates. 

I do think one can realize when another is either being a “gomer”( is that ok?) or being a redneck(ruh-roh). It’s ok to call someone out, in a polite way if it is ambiguous if one is being non p.c.  Until one knows for sure, this is where the feathers tend to unnecessarily fly. If someone should be truly offended by something, the author should be given a fair chance to expand upon what it was to be deemed offensive.  I believe most of us are fair minded.  I am honestly still learning some of this stuff, so I guess that would put me part way into the “gomer”category

Disclaimer-using my iPad, there may be a few wtf’s as I do tend to miss some of the auto-corrects.  It had reinko changed to reinforcements for example.

don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2018, 08:30:41 AM »
Funny how people who espouse taking the high road quickly take the low road when confronting the people they determined took the low road. Hypocrites. Every statement you previously made on this subject is now meaningless.

Well it isn't "meaningless."  We all slip up now and again.

NWarsh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2018, 08:31:32 AM »
A bunch of #TheRighteousHypocrites whining doesn't do much but expose them. I looked back in my PM's over the years for anyone approaching me about it privately, but came up with nothing. Guess some thought posting publicly with insults and name calling, combined with whining and bothering the mods over and over again was a more effective means of enacting change.

We've got some true warriors of justice on here. One guy stopped saying 'Vadgers'... another won't call uw-madison "Becky" because it's so hurtful and condescending to women.. get a grip.

For those of you who are so outspoken and teared-up, I wonder what other amazing actions you take to enact change. Do you sit when 'Jump Around' comes on and complain to the school about the lyrics that discuss assault on women? Do you see reruns of The Office come on and immediately start a nasty email campaign to the networks to never show another episode because it objectifies women? Or do you mostly post insults on a message board and "snitch" in private? You're truly fighting the good fight. Great job. 

(The questions above are rhetorical.. no need for you to answer, I already know the truth).

Some of you are coming at this all wrong (no mu82)

Still no reason as to why you keep using that term?  What point are you trying to get across?

I had a little more faith that he might come back with something a little better than this, sadly this is where we are at in society today.  As somebody pointed out earlier, why do we even try to make ourselves better if we cannot be everywhere helping out every cause.  It is useless, we should just all say F everybody else as long as I can feel comfortable.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2018, 08:35:17 AM »
Louis CK..

I'm a white man. You can't even hurt my feelings! What can you really call a white man that really digs deep?

"Hey, cracker."

"Uh. Ruined my day. shouldn't have called me a cracker. Bringing me back to owning land and people, what a drag."

feedback