[Today at 10:56:50 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MUDPT
[Today at 08:30:00 AM]

Congrats Tyler by Herman Cain
[Today at 07:56:50 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by cheebs09
[May 12, 2024, 09:16:55 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What really happened that night Crean wrecked his car in a seedy part of Milw?  (Read 10775 times)

Knight Commission

• All American
Wonder if the IU search comittee was privied to that. Any answers that have been supressed for nine years?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Wonder if the IU search comittee was privied to that. Any answers that have been supressed for nine years?

LOL.....I know and was thinking about this last night.  I assume you mean the crash in 1999.

Knight Commission

• All American
Yes. And there was alot of talk about family in his press conference today.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
I've never heard of this as I am more recent to Marquette.  What happened?

PuertoRicanNightmare

Anybody care to expand on this? I'd be interested to know!

Sir Lawrence

• All American
I thought he was just scoring some Cuban tanning oil.
Ludum habemus.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
I vaguely remember this. The dude is gone, so spill it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Well, sorry I can't give you a nugget you're looking for in terms of conspiracy.  If my memory serves correctly, Crean was not on the job long at all, remember he took the job like March 30th or 31st, but was living in Michigan. Joanie was pregnant back there and it took weeks for him to get to MU.  A lot was going on.  I had my first meeting with him on March 30th for about 5 minutes, I next saw him probably 6 to 8 weeks later if I remember.  And then saw him consistently after that, but those guys were moving and trying to recruit like crazy, etc.

At any rate, my recollection is that he drove his car the wrong way on a one way street and hit another car.  Minor damage, nothing problematic but definitely his fault.  For someone new to the area around MU's campus, driving down some of those streets that criss crossed one way could be problematic for rookies.  I thought the crash was within about a mile of MU's campus, which may or may not have been "seedy".

That was about the extent of it.

Knight Commission

• All American
As far as you know.

Pakuni

• All American

NavinRJohnson

• All American

Well, sorry I can't give you a nugget you're looking for in terms of conspiracy.  If my memory serves correctly, Crean was not on the job long at all, remember he took the job like March 30th or 31st, but was living in Michigan. Joanie was pregnant back there and it took weeks for him to get to MU.  A lot was going on.  I had my first meeting with him on March 30th for about 5 minutes, I next saw him probably 6 to 8 weeks later if I remember.  And then saw him consistently after that, but those guys were moving and trying to recruit like crazy, etc.

At any rate, my recollection is that he drove his car the wrong way on a one way street and hit another car.  Minor damage, nothing problematic but definitely his fault.  For someone new to the area around MU's campus, driving down some of those streets that criss crossed one way could be problematic for rookies.  I thought the crash was within about a mile of MU's campus, which may or may not have been "seedy".

Ahhh...gotcha! For those of you unable to read between the lines as I am, he was drunk, looking to score some crack and had two hookers in the car, one of whom happened to be a midget, and a guy. Glad we cleared that up.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
As far as you know.

You're supposed to put that in the teal font Knight!!    :D

Crean was a boy scout guys....and that pissed a lot of people off too.  Go figure.

IAmMarquette

• All American

Well, sorry I can't give you a nugget you're looking for in terms of conspiracy.  If my memory serves correctly, Crean was not on the job long at all, remember he took the job like March 30th or 31st, but was living in Michigan. Joanie was pregnant back there and it took weeks for him to get to MU.  A lot was going on.  I had my first meeting with him on March 30th for about 5 minutes, I next saw him probably 6 to 8 weeks later if I remember.  And then saw him consistently after that, but those guys were moving and trying to recruit like crazy, etc.

At any rate, my recollection is that he drove his car the wrong way on a one way street and hit another car.  Minor damage, nothing problematic but definitely his fault.  For someone new to the area around MU's campus, driving down some of those streets that criss crossed one way could be problematic for rookies.  I thought the crash was within about a mile of MU's campus, which may or may not have been "seedy".

Ahhh...gotcha! For those of you unable to read between the lines as I am, he was drunk, looking to score some crack and had two hookers in the car, one of whom happened to be a midget, and a guy. Glad we cleared that up.

Just so we're clear...was one of the hookers a midget and the other a guy? or was one of the hookers a male midget?

Sir Lawrence

• All American
"or was one of the hookers a male midget?"

And now you know why he couldn't recruit bigs.
Ludum habemus.

Coobeys Oil Depot

I'm not sure whether to laugh because this sarcastic thread has been a relief from the other drivel or whether to say "uhhhhhh.......I knew there was something strange back then".

IAmMarquette

• All American
Are you implying that there's something unseemly about short-statured, male members of the sex industry?

Pardner

Where did the donkey come into play?

mwbauer7

• All American

He just became the coach at IU

drewm88

• All American

Ba-Da-Ting! He'll be here all week folks.

NavinRJohnson

• All American

I recommend this thread be pinned. I know it is just what I needed. I can't seem to stop laughing. Sir Lawrence got me with that one.

For the record, a male midget.

marquette09

• All American

classic

Pardner

I recommend this thread be pinned. I know it is just what I needed. I can't seem to stop laughing. Sir Lawrence got me with that one.

For the record, a male midget.

+1  Look out Trevor thread

IAmMarquette

• All American

Couldn't? Or just chose not to? Perhaps he prefers the company of vertically-challenged men.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain

Best. Exchange. Ever.

Dry White Toast

• Starter
Does the Athletic Department or Blue and Gold Fund pay for these prostitutes?  Or is that 'out of pocket' for TC?  I mean, he has enough money.  It's just a point of clarification really.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Joanie's (she)nis. You sure that male prostitute wasn't actually Joanie? I hear she's packing.

BTW...Is attacking a Harbaugh too harsh?

The Man in Gold

• All American
BTW...Is attacking a Harbaugh too harsh?

Just to be safe...Jim Harbaugh is fair game.  Crean Family + Stanford (+ Chicago Bears) = Evil, and must be Destoyed!

Also it was pointed out to me by The General that Ricky's on State is less than a mile from campus.  Coincidence???
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 11:57:01 AM by TheManInGold »
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Great stuff

Death on call

Aughnanure

• All American
These quotes within a quote posts are blowing my freakin' mind.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Fantastic hoopaloopin Keefe.

How this got to only 1 page back in the day is beyond me.

avid1010

• All American
was his pickup line something along the lines of... "I am doing great. I have been thinking about you a lot since last weekend. A whole lot. How are you doing?"

MUBillsTil2017

• Walk-On

That's it?  This last Sunday I was driving my daughter to the Beer Can to meet up with DPS so she could fetch her drivers license after the dorms closed.  I live in CA she lives in the Beer Can and she told me to take a right against the one way street along the dorm at night.    I did as she said and had to hit the breaks, cuss, swivel my head and shift into reverse back to Wells to avoid a Crean like experience.

Lennys Tap

• All American
That's it?  This last Sunday I was driving my daughter to the Beer Can to meet up with DPS so she could fetch her drivers license after the dorms closed.  I live in CA she lives in the Beer Can and she told me to take a right against the one way street along the dorm at night.    I did as she said and had to hit the breaks, cuss, swivel my head and shift into reverse back to Wells to avoid a Crean like experience.

Did you have a wee male prostitute in the car too? ;D

MUBillsTil2017

• Walk-On
Did you have a wee male prostitute in the car too? ;D

We'll only me(male) and my daughter in the Camry.  So I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is No.  Hey I've hit a few really good restaurants in Thrilwaukee, where are the good pizza places?  Also any good belly dancer restaurants?

Lennys Tap

• All American
We'll only me(male) and my daughter in the Camry.  So I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is No.  Hey I've hit a few really good restaurants in Thrilwaukee, where are the good pizza places?  Also any good belly dancer restaurants?

45 years ago Perry's Pizza delivered the best pie to the campus and there was a belly dancer bar/restaurant on Wisconsin Ave. but I can't say it was all that good.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Only this board could turn a fender bender into a DUI/crack/prostitution bender  ::)
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Yup, nothing to see here and nothing to see then either.  Someone wanted to stir trouble back in 2008 and apparently today wants to as well.  As I said then and as I'll say today, much ado about absolutely nothing...but it is fun to see a few 55+ year olds get their jollies.  I guess everyone needs something

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Only this board could turn a fender bender into a DUI/crack/prostitution bender  ::)

Teal wasn't invented back then.  Even this crew didn't mean 68% of it.

That said, apparently some folks are having trouble with what was said and hoping something else was said instead. 

MUBillsTil2017

• Walk-On
Teal wasn't invented back then.  Even this crew didn't mean 68% of it.

That said, apparently some folks are having trouble with what was said and hoping something else was said instead. 

My daughter grew up in the Bay Area, downtown San Francisco she knows well around china town and the bakeries.  After 6 months I asked her what she thought of Milwaukee.  She said she loves it.  I feel the same way.  Yeah she hates the winters but the town is fun.  With some big personality coaches, Marquette can do real well in athletics.  Crean, Buzz, Amplo, have a lot to work with.  One big thing is Marquette must build some indoor facilities for the non rev sports.  Best way to get the Creans and Williams for the non rev sports which keeps Marquette in the headlines from sept thru April. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
My daughter grew up in the Bay Area, downtown San Francisco she knows well around china town and the bakeries.  After 6 months I asked her what she thought of Milwaukee.  She said she loves it.  I feel the same way.  Yeah she hates the winters but the town is fun.  With some big personality coaches, Marquette can do real well in athletics.  Crean, Buzz, Amplo, have a lot to work with.  One big thing is Marquette must build some indoor facilities for the non rev sports.  Best way to get the Creans and Williams for the non rev sports which keeps Marquette in the headlines from sept thru April. 

call bloomington and ask I4 where is hundo large is.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

Well, when Tanned Tommy finally writes that check we might start to see some diggin' and erectin'

Death on call

feedback