Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fatigue  (Read 5308 times)

tower912

• All American
Fatigue
« on: March 08, 2018, 11:30:43 AM »
The freshmen are going to have to play better today.   Starters played a lot of minutes last night.   If the bench is unable to provide quality minutes today, I worry that the starters will tire down the stretch.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 11:35:43 AM »
Fatigue generally becomes a bigger issue on the third day.  All these kids ate in their late teens or early 20s, they should have more than enough in the tank.  I would be worried about their conditioning if they couldn't play effectively two days in a row.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 11:36:40 AM »
We're going to need the bench guys to play smart enough to keep themselves in the game. Last night, they were all fouling machines. Harry had 3 fouls in 3 minutes. Greg had 4 fouls in 8 minutes. Villanova will be all over us if we get into that kind of foul trouble tonight.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 11:41:42 AM »
We're going to need the bench guys to play smart enough to keep themselves in the game. Last night, they were all fouling machines. Harry had 3 fouls in 3 minutes. Greg had 4 fouls in 8 minutes. Villanova will be all over us if we get into that kind of foul trouble tonight.

Hope like hell we get a different ref crew tonight. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Balrogs

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 11:42:49 AM »
I'm expecting a lot of bad fouls.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 11:52:15 AM »
Fatigue generally becomes a bigger issue on the third day.  All these kids ate in their late teens or early 20s, they should have more than enough in the tank. I would be worried about their conditioning if they couldn't play effectively two days in a row.

My guess is they also ate when they were in their early teens, so even more should be expected in the tank.

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 11:53:12 AM »
Need something from Theo tonight. It’s been a little while
No Finish Line

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 12:02:10 PM »
Need something from Theo tonight. It’s been a little while

True.  Cain was really good last night.  Should have played more than 15, and spelled Sam a bit more.  Have no idea why Wojo was so short with Cain's minutes - guy makes huge difference on defensive end.  With Howard being off his game, Cain should have ate more of his minutes too.

Rowsey going 39 says as much as needs to be said as to his importance to this team.  Didn't like him playing such heavy minutes, considering tonight, yet was a must win game last night.

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 12:28:21 PM »
The health of Sam and Markus is more concerning than fatigue.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 12:31:31 PM »
sheriff

'Nova's talent is more concerning to me. Very tough get if everyone is healthy and rested, and think this one could get away from the guys very early.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 12:43:34 PM »
True.  Cain was really good last night.  Should have played more than 15, and spelled Sam a bit more.  Have no idea why Wojo was so short with Cain's minutes - guy makes huge difference on defensive end.  With Howard being off his game, Cain should have ate more of his minutes too.

Rowsey going 39 says as much as needs to be said as to his importance to this team.  Didn't like him playing such heavy minutes, considering tonight, yet was a must win game last night.

I don't know why we haven't hired you as the coach yet.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 12:44:45 PM »

Floorslapper is actually Stan, he needs a place to go to be the opposite of his cryptic twitter persona.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 12:50:18 PM »
Floorslapper is actually Stan, he needs a place to go to be the opposite of his cryptic twitter persona.

I think you're onto something here.

Also, I love that FloorSlapNers attempts to make Wojo look clueless by discussing minutes distribution, and then in the same post uses Rowsey's minutes as proof of his importance to this team.  Solid logic.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 12:57:46 PM »

Just curious.  Were you pleased with our performance last night?  Did you feel Cain got adequate minutes commensurate with his performance?

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 02:04:12 PM »
I am feeling a bit fatigued after last night. Drank a wee bit more than I planned. Thanks for your concern.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 04:30:44 PM »
The freshmen are going to have to play better today.   Starters played a lot of minutes last night.   If the bench is unable to provide quality minutes today, I worry that the starters will tire down the stretch.

Don't see it as a problem. Kemba did it for 5 straight and was just as good in the 5th game.

As kids we played every day for hours. These are young guys in great shape. I think it will only affect the bigs.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 04:36:14 PM »
I am feeling a bit fatigued after last night. Drank a wee bit more than I planned. Thanks for your concern.

Going with the hard stuff tonight.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 05:00:57 PM »
Just curious.  Were you pleased with our performance last night?  Did you feel Cain got adequate minutes commensurate with his performance?

I wasn't pleased.  But Cain's minutes were fine. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 05:28:01 PM »

Nope. Yep.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 05:38:04 PM »

I wasn't pleased.  But Cain's minutes were fine.

Nope. Yep.

Fair enough.  Glad we won of course, despite it being IMO unnecessarily ugly/close. 

Regarding Cain, simply think he makes a HUGE difference on defensive end in all of M2M, zone, and defensive rebounding.   He had, as I recall 3 deflections last night, two of which led to steals for teammates, and one steal of his own.

IMO he can be subbed in for any of Rowsey, Howard, Hauser, Sacar.  Obviously we are always going to have one of Rowsey/Howard on the floor, BUT, don't see any reason he should be playing less than 20 on a team with our defensive and defensive rebounding challenges.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 05:48:08 PM »
Fair enough.  Glad we won of course, despite it being IMO unnecessarily ugly/close. 

Regarding Cain, simply think he makes a HUGE difference on defensive end in all of M2M, zone, and defensive rebounding.   He had, as I recall 3 deflections last night, two of which led to steals for teammates, and one steal of his own.

IMO he can be subbed in for any of Rowsey, Howard, Hauser, Sacar.  Obviously we are always going to have one of Rowsey/Howard on the floor, BUT, don't see any reason he should be playing less than 20 on a team with our defensive and defensive rebounding challenges.

His length is a positive for sure, especially with our short guards. He still looks kind of clumsy out there at times and gets beat off the dribble, commits silly fouls, and (especially) travels because he is moving too quickly.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 05:54:31 PM »
His length is a positive for sure, especially with our short guards. He still looks kind of clumsy out there at times and gets beat off the dribble, commits silly fouls, and (especially) travels because he is moving too quickly.

Feel Jamal's gotten called for some really, really, tick tack fouls for sure.  Generally seems to stay in front of his man.  Last night Heldt got in his way on a high ball screen and essentially blocked Jamal into a trailing position.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 06:42:03 PM »
Jamal Cain ppp allowed: 0.96 (24th percentile)....7th on the team.

I love Jamal but I'm not sure he's a HUGE difference maker on defense. He is disruptive with his length but his on ball defense leaves a lot to be desired
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 06:45:16 PM »
Jamal Cain ppp allowed: 0.96 (24th percentile)....7th on the team.

I love Jamal but I'm not sure he's a HUGE difference maker on defense. He is disruptive with his length but his on ball defense leaves a lot to be desired

Get outta here with your facts.

Especially that fact. Need to give Cain a full game on the court, or at least run him exclusively for a half, before we can determine his worth.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2018, 06:47:39 PM »
Sam looks fatigued.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.