Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Zonebuster MU needed yesterday might've been playing in La Crosse  (Read 7941 times)

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
Re: Zonebuster MU needed yesterday might've been playing in La Crosse
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2016, 02:31:21 PM »
Sandy can be an excellent excellent 3 point shooter, but, tends to pass off or drive in more.  Perhaps, you're right that Wojo doesn't encourage long range shooting.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2016, 07:04:29 PM »
But didn't we shoot 25 threes against X?   That's a lot of 3 point attempts vs driving as a philosophy
That is because Xavier's interior defense was so good that even Haanif could not get to the basket. We shot a lot of threes, most of them after passing the ball meaninglessly back and fourth. Duane took several deep threes. He would not have to shoot so far out, if we ran picks like Notre Dame does for their three point shooters.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2016, 09:22:19 PM »
I think Rowsey will not shoot a lot of threes. Wojo wants his players to drive and there are no picks or plays to get players open for threes. I think Haanif is a very good three point shooter, but almost every time he gets the ball he drives to the hoop as he is instructed to do by Wojo. Rousey and Hauser in theory will improve our three point capability, but they will not be sitting outside waiting to shoot a lot of threes unless Wojo changes his approach to the game.

But didn't we shoot 25 threes against X?   That's a lot of 3 point attempts vs driving as a philosophy

We R Final Four

• All American

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 11:19:52 PM »
Is Paul Jesperson a fair comparison for Sam?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 08:24:36 AM »
That is because Xavier interior defense was so good that we could not drive and therefore had no effective offense.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2016, 08:48:48 AM »
Jesperson not an awful comparison, but I'd hope he'd better than that. Will talk to HS coach that played Merrill in regional final his senior year and is hosting event with Hauser in about 10 days tonight; will ask if remember.
GO WARRIORS!

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2016, 11:16:47 AM »
Jesperson not an awful comparison, but I'd hope he'd better than that. Will talk to HS coach that played Merrill in regional final his senior year and is hosting event with Hauser in about 10 days tonight; will ask if remember.

+1. Thanks

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2016, 04:05:00 PM »
We need another big.  We have a ton of 2s who should play the 2. 

Rowsey I thought shot 37% from 3 or am I wrong?   That's not exactly lights-out shooting if true.    Not bad but not a true zone buster.

41% his first year. 38% his soph year. However he hit over a 100 threes each season. Hell have less attempts with us, so in theory his efficiency will go up.

I would add that he was the primary focus of the opposing team's defense both years.  So, he's used to the attention that being "the man" brings which should help him in moving up in competition.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2016, 04:09:51 PM »
I think Rowsey will not shoot a lot of threes. Wojo wants his players to drive and there are no picks or plays to get players open for threes. I think Haanif is a very good three point shooter, but almost every time he gets the ball he drives to the hoop as he is instructed to do by Wojo. Rousey and Hauser in theory will improve our three point capability, but they will not be sitting outside waiting to shoot a lot of threes unless Wojo changes his approach to the game.

I believe that Wojo has made the point that the % on three point shots goes up when the pass to the three point shooter comes from inside the paint.  Thus, he doesn't want to see 3 pointers getting jacked up before there has been some penetration.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2016, 04:13:23 PM »
I believe that Wojo has made the point that the % on three point shots goes up when the pass to the three point shooter comes from inside the paint.  Thus, he doesn't want to see 3 pointers getting jacked up before there has been some penetration.

its always best to go to the hole before jacking it

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2016, 07:04:45 PM »
its always best to go to the hole before jacking it

But only if you're married to the concept.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2016, 07:30:34 PM »

Paint touches?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2016, 12:07:20 PM »
Did remember to ask, but coach said he hasn't seen Hauser enough to make a decent comparison to Jesperson. Will ask coach next time I see him after he sees Hauser a week from Saturday (playing immediately after their game in their home gym).
GO WARRIORS!

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2016, 01:51:53 PM »
The problem with Hauser is that he is skinny, frail, not quick, a little bigger than Cohen but much better shot.  How he shoots in college, still to be determined.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2016, 01:53:39 PM »
Did remember to ask, but coach said he hasn't seen Hauser enough to make a decent comparison to Jesperson. Will ask coach next time I see him after he sees Hauser a week from Saturday (playing immediately after their game in their home gym).

Appreciate it!

feedback