[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2024?  (Read 98744 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2023?
« Reply #1225 on: January 02, 2024, 05:16:52 AM »
Saw Maestro last night. I’ve always liked Bradley Cooper but he’s taken it to a whole other level. Amazing.

A lot of write up on this movie locally as a portion was filmed in Leonard Bernstein's actual house here in Connecticut.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1226 on: January 03, 2024, 01:04:51 PM »
There will be a “Slow Horses” Season 5. It was originally to be 4 seasons.

“Tehran” will return late 2024 or early 2025.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1227 on: January 04, 2024, 07:53:54 AM »
Anyone watching season 5 of Fargo?

So honestly after a good start, this season has fallen into the same trap as the last couple. There really is no subtlety to the story line.  Seasons one and two had complex characters that you were rooting for in one episode, but then would do something that would make them turn on you instantly. (Or vice versa.) With two episodes left, there doesn't seem to be any of that here. Its very black and white - good versus evil with the "evil" character having little redeeming qualities.

Lorne Malvo and Hanzee Dent were at least interesting. Ed and Peggy Blumquist were goofy nutjobs, but you were kind of rooting for them anyway.

If they can't do better they just need to put this series to bed.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1228 on: January 04, 2024, 01:11:31 PM »
My wife and I are enjoying this season of Fargo.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1229 on: January 04, 2024, 01:24:11 PM »
Jack Reacher Season 2 - One episode a week works for me.
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1230 on: January 04, 2024, 01:45:10 PM »
Jack Reacher Season 2 - One episode a week works for me.
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

Is Monarch good? Trailer looked awesome but I figured the show still had to be bad.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1231 on: January 04, 2024, 01:48:55 PM »
Is Monarch good? Trailer looked awesome but I figured the show still had to be bad.
Didn’t ask me but I’ll chime in.

It’s ok.  Was hoping for more monsters and less character development.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1232 on: January 04, 2024, 02:05:46 PM »
Id never heard of Harlan Coben until his contract with Netflix had series based on his books making him so ubiquitous that it almost gaslit me into wondering why I didn't know this writer that had adaptions into series in multiple countries/languages.

Well, not to be too Herman here, but I remember randomly watching a few episodes of Coronation Street when I was in London in the early 2010s.  One of the lead actresses at the time, Michelle Keegan, stopped me dead and had me entranced.  Unfortunately, she really hasn't done much other than a few UK-centric things.  But she's the lead in the newest Coben series, Fool Me Once, so naturally I binged it through.   Really well done, very slick, in the UK Netflix production vein.  Definitely worth a watch.

Also, finally got around to watching Drops of God on Apple+ between Xmas and New Years.  Absolutely great series.  A bit predictable at times, but still fascinating and well done.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1233 on: January 04, 2024, 02:11:32 PM »

So honestly after a good start, this season has fallen into the same trap as the last couple. There really is no subtlety to the story line.  Seasons one and two had complex characters that you were rooting for in one episode, but then would do something that would make them turn on you instantly. (Or vice versa.) With two episodes left, there doesn't seem to be any of that here. Its very black and white - good versus evil with the "evil" character having little redeeming qualities.

Lorne Malvo and Hanzee Dent were at least interesting. Ed and Peggy Blumquist were goofy nutjobs, but you were kind of rooting for them anyway.

If they can't do better they just need to put this series to bed.

Agree with like everything you said, but disagree with putting it to bed.

Show is still very good even if its not as "fargo" as S1 and 2. Im pumped for the last 2 eps
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1234 on: January 04, 2024, 02:13:16 PM »

Meh. Im slowly getting through it. Ive seen 5/8 so far.

Starts with promise but is dragging mostly because its focusing on the "current day" plot way too much.

Way too many eps without Russell the younger(nod to Muggs), workaholics and the asian chick. They are by far the best part/story.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1235 on: January 04, 2024, 09:07:25 PM »
OK, y'all aren't making me want to watch TV Godzilla, and that's OK. We're almost done with S1 of Slow Horses, are really enjoying it, and still have a lot more catching up to do!

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1236 on: January 05, 2024, 05:08:57 AM »

I'm through the first 4 episodes.  It's entertaining and it fills in the gaps between Godzilla and Kong movies.  John Goodman seems to only appear in Episode 1 so far
Enjoying both Russell's.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1237 on: January 05, 2024, 05:14:05 AM »
Id never heard of Harlan Coben until his contract with Netflix had series based on his books making him so ubiquitous that it almost gaslit me into wondering why I didn't know this writer that had adaptions into series in multiple countries/languages.

Well, not to be too Herman here, but I remember randomly watching a few episodes of Coronation Street when I was in London in the early 2010s.  One of the lead actresses at the time, Michelle Keegan, stopped me dead and had me entranced.  Unfortunately, she really hasn't done much other than a few UK-centric things.  But she's the lead in the newest Coben series, Fool Me Once, so naturally I binged it through.   Really well done, very slick, in the UK Netflix production vein.  Definitely worth a watch.

Also, finally got around to watching Drops of God on Apple+ between Xmas and New Years.  Absolutely great series.  A bit predictable at times, but still fascinating and well done.

Younger daughter is home on break, so the wife and started watching this with her at her request.  Intriguing.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1238 on: January 09, 2024, 06:24:06 PM »
Just catching up on When They See Us.

My god.

Edit: Wanted to read about things as I'm watching:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Fairstein

During that time, she oversaw the prosecution of the Central Park Five case, wherein five teenagers, four African-American and one Hispanic, were wrongfully convicted for the 1989 rape and assault in Central Park of a white female jogger. All five convictions were vacated in 2002 after Matias Reyes, a convicted serial rapist and murderer, confessed to having been the sole perpetrator of the crime, and DNA testing showed he was the sole contributor of the DNA of the semen on the victim. After Reyes' confession in 2002, Fairstein still maintained that the wrongfully convicted teenage boys were guilty and she lauded the police investigation as "brilliant".[2] In 2018, she insisted that the teenagers' confessions had not been coerced.[3]

Wow
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 06:49:24 PM by jesmu84 »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1239 on: January 09, 2024, 07:20:53 PM »
Finally getting around to Yellowstone, first 3 eps have me hooked.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1240 on: January 09, 2024, 07:32:38 PM »
I want to tell you to save yourself hours of your life and stop watching after season 1 or 2.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1241 on: January 09, 2024, 07:34:30 PM »
I want to tell you to save yourself hours of your life and stop watching after season 1 or 2.

Consigned

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1242 on: January 09, 2024, 07:38:58 PM »

The amount of rural crime is alarming and why I never leave the city
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1243 on: January 10, 2024, 07:36:47 AM »

Noted, thank you!

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1244 on: January 10, 2024, 08:49:40 AM »
I’m on Season 5 of Yellowstone. So I didn’t stop watching after Season 1 or 2. It’s a good show. I can recommend it with a few reservations.

An interesting thing about the show is that they film on the land of its Showrunner, Taylor Sheridan, in Texas. Paramount pays him weekly to film on the 600 acre ranch. (He apparently has an additional massive ranch) And they pay him per head of cattle and per horse shown, for “Cowboy Camp” for the actors and more. It adds up to $$$. Sheridan plays a small role on the show, notably seen when Jimmy went away to Cowboy Camp.

Apparently Sheridan and Costner don’t get along and Sheridan sued “Rip” for coming out with a line of coffee very similar in design to his coffee. I’ve seen it and it looks pretty similar. So they have a lot going on there.

I believe it was recently announced that the next season will be late 2024. I’d have to check that.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 08:53:01 AM by shoothoops »

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1245 on: January 10, 2024, 09:00:15 AM »
Kaitlyn Dever cast as Abby for season 2 of TLOU.  Incredibly talented actress, but her build makes me think they're going for more of an mirror image/anti Bella Ramsey rather than staying more true to the source content, a decision that I'm okay with.  Hope she is prepared for the incredible amounts of backlash she is going to get online regardless of the quality of her performance.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1246 on: January 10, 2024, 09:23:04 AM »
Kaitlyn Dever cast as Abby for season 2 of TLOU.  Incredibly talented actress, but her build makes me think they're going for more of an mirror image/anti Bella Ramsey rather than staying more true to the source content, a decision that I'm okay with.  Hope she is prepared for the incredible amounts of backlash she is going to get online regardless of the quality of her performance.

She was great in Dopesick

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1247 on: January 10, 2024, 09:24:53 AM »

100% agree. Mazin and Druckmann have definitely earned the benefit of the doubt.  But anytime you're adapting source material people feel passionate about, every deviation is going to subject the performers to intense scrutiny/extremely online criticism.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1248 on: January 10, 2024, 09:29:08 AM »
I’m on Season 5 of Yellowstone. So I didn’t stop watching after Season 1 or 2. It’s a good show. I can recommend it with a few reservations.

An interesting thing about the show is that they film on the land of its Showrunner, Taylor Sheridan, in Texas. Paramount pays him weekly to film on the 600 acre ranch. (He apparently has an additional massive ranch) And they pay him per head of cattle and per horse shown, for “Cowboy Camp” for the actors and more. It adds up to $$$. Sheridan plays a small role on the show, notably seen when Jimmy went away to Cowboy Camp.

Apparently Sheridan and Costner don’t get along and Sheridan sued “Rip” for coming out with a line of coffee very similar in design to his coffee. I’ve seen it and it looks pretty similar. So they have a lot going on there.

I believe it was recently announced that the next season will be late 2024. I’d have to check that.

Sheridan, along with others in a group, also owns the legendary 6666 ranch shown on the show.  That is also going to be the focus on a spinoff show.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1249 on: January 10, 2024, 09:54:27 AM »
Sheridan, along with others in a group, also owns the legendary 6666 ranch shown on the show.  That is also going to be the focus on a spinoff show.

He’s using (the ranches I mentioned) above for several additional projects.

feedback