[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Interesting Article on Chartouney  (Read 3437 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Interesting Article on Chartouney
« on: July 25, 2018, 09:35:01 AM »
https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/07/24/marquette-basketball-projecting-joseph-chartouny-shooter-2018-19/

Discusses what Chartouney brings to the program and how his shooting numbers from last season may be deceiving.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Interesting Article on Chartouney
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 09:50:57 AM »
If he can defend like Derrick Wilson and score 3-4 ppg more I'll be happy.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 09:53:49 AM »
Not sure why Sacar is mentioned in an article about the teams three point shooting strength, but if JC can knock em down at a clip in the mid 30s, he'll keep the defense honest which creates more space for slashers, like Sacar.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 09:57:22 AM »
If he can defend like Derrick Wilson and score 3-4 ppg more I'll be happy.

My hope for JC:

6-8 ppg, 4.5-5.5 apg, excellent defense

eFG 50%, assist rate 30%, TO rate about 15%, usage 18-22%

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 11:39:17 AM »
Having seen Chartouny play live a couple times over the years, my expectation is his impact will be similar to that of Trent Lockett. In that his scoring may dip down from prior years but he will fill the stat line with a lot of hustle and experience. He will be our glue guy this year.

The real asset that Chartouny brings to the table is that he frees up Markus to be shooter which is what he excels at. It is possible that Markus has a monster year as a result of this arrangement.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 12:41:56 PM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 11:53:48 AM »
Having seen Chartouny play live a couple times over the years, my expectation is his impact will be similar to that of Trent Lockett. In that his scoring my dip down from prior years but he will fill the stat line with a lot of hustle and experience. He will be our glue guy this year.

The real asset that Chartouny brings to the table is that he frees up Markus to be shooter which is what he excels at. It is possible that Markus has a monster year as a result of this arrangement.

If this is accurate, I would be very happy.  Every team needs a Lockett, we're dancing last year if we had one.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 01:18:43 PM »
Having seen Chartouny play live a couple times over the years, my expectation is his impact will be similar to that of Trent Lockett. In that his scoring may dip down from prior years but he will fill the stat line with a lot of hustle and experience. He will be our glue guy this year.

I agree with all of this. I was very excited when Chartouney became available. I don't think he was the best grad transfer available this offseason...maybe in the top 25...but I do think he was the perfect fit for what this roster was lacking. His stat line may not be sexy, but I think his presence will make everyone else around him a lot better.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 02:08:43 PM »
I agree with all of this. I was very excited when Chartouney became available. I don't think he was the best grad transfer available this offseason...maybe in the top 25...but I do think he was the perfect fit for what this roster was lacking. His stat line may not be sexy, but I think his presence will make everyone else around him a lot better.

He's going to help us a lot.  A plus defender with a desire to distribute coupled with enough shot that he has to be covered.

I know I'm off track but watching Derek and Diener double guys in the backcourt sitting 20 feet away during #TBT was great fun.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 02:15:48 PM »
If Joe can keep point guards out of the lane, distribute the ball, score a little, and lead, this will be a fun year.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 03:03:51 PM »
If Joe can keep point guards out of the lane, distribute the ball, score a little, and lead, this will be a fun year.
The first item is the big question as hopefully his defensive reputation is not built just on his knack for steals.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 03:32:01 PM »
Not sure why Sacar is mentioned in an article about the teams three point shooting strength, but if JC can knock em down at a clip in the mid 30s, he'll keep the defense honest which creates more space for slashers, like Sacar.

FWIW Sacar did shoot 38.9% from beyond the arc the last 15 games (7/18). He's not prolific from deep, but his numbers did improve significantly as the season went on.

This article really highlights why I'm excited about Chartouny. I think he'll improve as a shooter. On that Fordham team, he somewhat had to do everything. Here he can defer and take what the defense gives him. As TAMU notes, he's a perfect fit for this roster.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 04:25:40 PM »

Yep. M2N’s season could be like Steve Novak’s senior year, when the amigos showed up to keep defenses honest and get the ball to him. We already have shooters and slashers to complement Markus, and now we appear to have a guy who can get him the ball in the right spots.

I can’t remember the last time I looked this forward to a season.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »
If he runs the team well and can play D he has done his job.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

feedback