[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Postseason Baseball  (Read 6052 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Postseason Baseball
« on: October 08, 2009, 10:23:57 PM »
Torii Hunter ripped the HELL out of that ball.  And he is fired up.

And a crazy comeback by the Dodgers.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: Postseason Baseball
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 11:00:41 PM »
I missed most of the Dodger game, but managed to turn it on in the 9th with Manny up.  Great 2 wins over the 2 of the top NL pitchers. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 12:43:13 AM »
Torii Hunter ripped the HELL out of that ball.  And he is fired up.

And a crazy comeback by the Dodgers.

Just got back from the Halos game....great time.  Torii smoked it...wow did he smoke it.  Lackey hasn't pitched that well in forever.

Tomorrow is huge for us, however.  Go Halos!!

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 04:06:52 AM »
Hate the Bo Sox.  Loved the win by the Angels.

Wainwright was amazing, but I wonder how many drinks La Russa will have tonight.

10? 12?  3 Nights in August?

Playoff Baseball is awesome.
Marquette University, Spring '08

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 07:19:57 AM »
As long as LaRussa loses, I don't care who wins.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 07:43:00 AM »
Matt Holliday + crap + bed = ball in the nuts and playoff loss

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 07:51:48 AM »
Uh, when you are done with Torii Hunter, if you could give him back to the Twins for a game or two against the Yankees, that'd be super.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 10:17:41 AM »

I think this was the 43 comeback win for the Dodgers this year. Two awesome wins against two of the best hurlers in baseball!

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 09:26:44 PM »
Wow... Twins blow a 2 run lead in the 9th, then get nothing across with the bases loaded and nobody out.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 09:32:26 PM »
Oh boy.  Didn't take Tex long to end it in the 11th.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 09:38:27 PM »
I think the Tigers inability to hit with RISP rubbed off on us.  Although, we got jobbed on the foul call..why have 2 extra blues out there when they are in on the NY win?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 10:20:46 PM »
Hang the loss on Nathan. And Gardy.  The first two guys he faced were batting what, .600 against Nathan?   As soon as that stat was flashed, I knew he'd give up those runs.   Yep, a single and a HR and presto, we were doomed.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 01:42:41 AM »
I think the Tigers inability to hit with RISP rubbed off on us.  Although, we got jobbed on the foul call..why have 2 extra blues out there when they are in on the NY win?

Just got back from game 2 Halos vs Sox.  Woo Hoo!!

I saw the replay of the Yankees game...wow.  How on earth can an umpire miss that call...basically two calls.  First, he touched the ball with his glove while in fair territory = fair ball.  Second, the ball landed fair anyway.  Shockingly bad call.

Last night the first base ump for our game blew two calls against the Sox, though we didn't score.  He also blew one call for us. 

Can't believe the Twins lost this game, everyone at Angel Stadium were cheering for Minnesota...Sox and Halos fans were cheering together for you guys when they had the game up on the big board.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »
another big win for the Dodgers!  They may not have been the biggest names, but the Belliard and Padilla pick ups are paying off.  Hopefully the delay waiting for the next opponent doesnt disrupt the "flow."  GO LA.  And a side note, i cant believe the audacity of the STL fans waving white towels.  Thats bush league. (teal)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 10:14:18 PM »
another big win for the Dodgers!  They may not have been the biggest names, but the Belliard and Padilla pick ups are paying off.  Hopefully the delay waiting for the next opponent doesnt disrupt the "flow."  GO LA.  And a side note, i cant believe the audacity of the STL fans waving white towels.  Thats bush league. (teal)

LaRussa lost...my postseason is complete.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 10:38:46 PM »
LaRussa lost...my postseason is complete.
Agreed.  I couldn't care less about who wins it now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 03:14:55 PM »
Chicos must be pretty happy right now

farmdaddy

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 03:16:39 PM »
So glad Boston is out!!!!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »
Chicos must be pretty happy right now

Honestly, I'm just stunned.  I left to go to my son's Little League game trailing 6-4.  I missed the comeback on tv, but heard it on a transistor radio that one of the grandfather's had at the Little League game. It was great when the Halos won, everyone cheered in both sections of the stands and the kids in the field playing also went nuts.

Wow, still can't believe they got 5 runs in with Pappelbon pitching...at Fenway.  Wow.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 06:30:44 PM »
Honestly, I'm just stunned.  I left to go to my son's Little League game trailing 6-4.  I missed the comeback on tv, but heard it on a transistor radio that one of the grandfather's had at the Little League game. It was great when the Halos won, everyone cheered in both sections of the stands and the kids in the field playing also went nuts.

Wow, still can't believe they got 5 runs in with Pappelbon pitching...at Fenway.  Wow.
Must be nice to be able to have little league in October instead of frost on the ground.

But yeah it was quite shocking.

I was hoping for the Red Sox to win, but I couldn't care less now that the Cardinals are out.  That's all I wanted.

Now I'm just hoping for an all California World Series.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 06:54:37 PM »
Must be nice to be able to have little league in October instead of frost on the ground.

But yeah it was quite shocking.

I was hoping for the Red Sox to win, but I couldn't care less now that the Cardinals are out.  That's all I wanted.

Now I'm just hoping for an all California World Series.

It's Fall-Winter ball out here for Little League.  We play from September until November.  Still nice weather out, a sweatshirt at times.  Not complaining, that's for sure. 

Last time there was an all California World Series, I enjoyed the results very much.  But there is MUCH work to be done.  The best team in baseball is likely our next opponent.  If not, the Twins are tough as nails and we've had difficulties in that building.

Los Doyers still have a pretty easy road to the WS, especially if its the Rockies.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 08:02:27 PM »
It's Fall-Winter ball out here for Little League.  We play from September until November.  Still nice weather out, a sweatshirt at times.  Not complaining, that's for sure. 

Last time there was an all California World Series, I enjoyed the results very much.  But there is MUCH work to be done.  The best team in baseball is likely our next opponent.  If not, the Twins are tough as nails and we've had difficulties in that building.

Los Doyers still have a pretty easy road to the WS, especially if its the Rockies.

Chicos, do you work for the Angels?  Are you the assistant to the traveling secretary or something?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 09:53:47 PM »

Chicos, do you work for the Angels?  Are you the assistant to the traveling secretary or something?

Not anymore, I worked for them (and the Ducks) in 1999 and 2000, but I still have a few friends and colleagues that work there.

I was on the broadcasting & sales side of the house back then for both teams.