collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Buzz  (Read 27882 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Buzz
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2019, 10:12:51 AM »
I also remember Wes thanking Buzz for “unleashing him”. I don’t remember if it was senior night or the awards banquet but he definitely said that.  He didn’t mention Crean directly but it was pretty clearly directed at him.

I don't doubt Wes had nice things to say about his coach on Senior Day. That would be, you know, absolutely normal.
I very much doubt whatever he said was a swipe at his previous coach, no matter how much some here wish it to be because it fits their 2019 narrative.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2019, 10:16:26 AM »
Great speeches in Marquette Senior Day History:

In 1995 Tony Miller went out of his way to thank University of Tennessee head coach, Kevin O'Neill. 

In 2009 Wesley Matthews went out of his way thank Buzz for "unleashing" him.

Do the math.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2019, 10:19:44 AM »
I don't doubt Wes had nice things to say about his coach on Senior Day. That would be, you know, absolutely normal.
I very much doubt whatever he said was a swipe at his previous coach, no matter how much some here wish it to be because it fits their 2019 narrative.

I prefer Crean over Buzz so this would hurt my narrative if anything.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2019, 10:21:33 AM »
Great speeches in Marquette Senior Day History:

In 1995 Tony Miller went out of his way to thank University of Tennessee head coach, Kevin O'Neill. 

In 2009 Wesley Matthews went out of his way thank Buzz for "unleashing" him.

Do the math.

1995+2009 = 4004
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2019, 10:22:43 AM »
I’m shocked a college athlete might not love a coach that left the school the year before his senior year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2019, 10:42:59 AM »
Guess I better change my name to unleashwes

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2019, 10:51:37 AM »
The Taylors and Hurley were opportunistic...as soon as they saw an opening they pounced on it.  We could have hired Coach K and they would have pushed to get to Kansas. 

How did Buzz handle losing a major recruit, he went to 5 straight NCAAs.

Meanwhile TC was ducking plants, needlessly throwing kids off his team to buy himself time and sadly losing in the S16 to deprive us of the greatest E8 game of all time.

it was actually the secretary who ducked the plant and he was definitely not "needlessly" throwing kids off the trainwreck of the team that he inherited from Sampson. Meanwhile, Buzz was succeeding with a team and program he inherited from Crean.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2019, 10:57:24 AM »
Yeah, what Crean did at IU was pretty much what most coaches do.  Was Scott Christopherson "needlessly" thrown off by Buzz?  Todd Mayo by Wojo?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2019, 11:30:45 AM »
I’m shocked a college athlete might not love a coach that left the school the year before his senior year.

If the player is butt hurt over his coach leaving you would have a point.

Wesley was GRATEFUL that his coach left, and grateful that the new guy allowed him to be an integral part of the offense.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2019, 11:36:56 AM »
I prefer Crean over Buzz so this would hurt my narrative if anything.

I was at the game. It was clear to Crean fans and non fans around me that Wes took a swipe at TC. People who refuse to connect the most obvious of dots are selecting a narrative they prefer rather than dealing with the facts.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2019, 11:42:58 AM »
If the player is butt hurt over his coach leaving you would have a point.

Wesley was GRATEFUL that his coach left, and grateful that the new guy allowed him to be an integral part of the offense.

I'm glad you had that discussion with Wes to clear that up.  I was wondering how the guy he was so GRATEFUL to see go was able to convince him 1) to come play for him at Marquette and 2) to stick around and play for him for 3 seasons.  I guess my question still isn't answered as he was so GRATEFUL, but at least I know he was GRATEFUL.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2019, 11:49:28 AM »
I'm glad you had that discussion with Wes to clear that up.  I was wondering how the guy he was so GRATEFUL to see go was able to convince him 1) to come play for him at Marquette and 2) to stick around and play for him for 3 seasons.  I guess my question still isn't answered as he was so GRATEFUL, but at least I know he was GRATEFUL.

Either you didn't hear Wes's senior day speech or you didn't understand it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2019, 11:54:45 AM »
Either you didn't hear Wes's senior day speech or you didn't understand it.

As I said, I'm shocked a college athlete would take a swipe at a coach that up and left his team going into his senior year.

If he hated Crean that much, he'd have been making a senior night speech at anywhere but Marquette.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2019, 12:27:41 PM »
As I said, I'm shocked a college athlete would take a swipe at a coach that up and left his team going into his senior year.

If he hated Crean that much, he'd have been making a senior night speech at anywhere but Marquette.

He didn't take a swipe at him for leaving, he basically thanked him for leaving.

I never said he hated Crean, but he did feel he was under utilized in his offense. Buzz agreed, retooled things and took shots away from a bad shooter and gave them to a good one. Dom understood, Wes and Marquette thrived.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2019, 12:43:24 PM »
Thanks, David Duke.

The Young Mutaman honing his art as a Tamer of The West and Champion of Manifest Destiny

"Pale Face with forked tongue make heap big wampum for many moons"

Mutaman's Motto: "The only good Indian is a dead Indian!"

More Great Cinema from "The Mutaman Collection: Cavalcades in Genocide"

From the Mutaman Files: "Apache"

From the "Mutaman Collection: The Squaw as Saucy Temptress"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #191 on: August 23, 2019, 12:46:44 PM »
Lots of triggered folks in here

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #192 on: August 23, 2019, 01:10:41 PM »
Well this is getting locked now.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #193 on: August 23, 2019, 01:41:51 PM »
Well this is getting locked now.

Damn.  Was really hoping this would be the first thread to move the other way.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #194 on: August 23, 2019, 01:59:19 PM »

Optimistic.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2019, 02:07:50 PM »
it was actually the secretary who ducked the plant and he was definitely not "needlessly" throwing kids off the trainwreck of the team that he inherited from Sampson. Meanwhile, Buzz was succeeding with a team and program he inherited from Crean.

Like Jordan Crawford? Or Armon Bassett? Or DeAndre Thomas?  Seemed like TC was intent to burn Indiana to the ground rather than go in a win asap.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2019, 03:02:00 PM »
NM
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2019, 03:38:25 PM »

Wait a minute -- one way or another?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2019, 04:01:45 PM »
Like Jordan Crawford? Or Armon Bassett? Or DeAndre Thomas?  Seemed like TC was intent to burn Indiana to the ground rather than go in a win asap.

sometimes guys earn their walking papers.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2019, 04:42:12 PM »
sometimes guys earn their walking papers.

TC did at Indiana, a'ina?

feedback