collapse

* Recent Posts

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[Today at 01:04:46 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[Today at 04:10:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: World Cup Schedule  (Read 34854 times)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: World Cup Schedule
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2018, 09:49:07 AM »
Alright, officially opting out of these Fox broadcasts after that one announcer was convinced that Sweden drew a foul in the box. That wasn't even close to being a penalty.

Defender was late. Didn't get the ball. And it's in the box. Clear as day and VAR got it right.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2018, 09:55:58 AM »
Defender was late. Didn't get the ball. And it's in the box. Clear as day and VAR got it right.

I think Chitown was talking about the first half incident where the Korean defender clearly got the ball.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2018, 10:02:40 AM »

I think Chitown was talking about the first half incident where the Korean defender clearly got the ball.

This makes sense of my mistake. I watch Telemundo so I avoid the Cobi Jones show. Wasn't even discussed as a possible penal on that feed.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2018, 03:19:29 PM »
Never forget Roy Hodgson had Kane taking corners. Best game for Hazza in and England shirt. Maguire was tremendous as well.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »
Big numbers for FS1 over the weekend:
Brazil-Switzerland: 4.301 million viewers including streaming.
Mexico-Germany: 4.254 million viewers including streaming.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2018, 08:54:02 PM »
Big numbers for FS1 over the weekend:
Brazil-Switzerland: 4.301 million viewers including streaming.
Mexico-Germany: 4.254 million viewers including streaming.

Good. Maybe they'll actually invest something for 2022 to improve their awful coverage

GGGG

• All American

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2018, 12:25:50 PM »
I got half-way and had to give up for now. Another terrible piece by AA and their lack of history.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:02:17 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2018, 01:29:40 PM »
Really been looking forward to this Argentina and Croatia match. IMO, the most overrated team in the world vs. the most underrated team in the world.

NWarsh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2018, 01:36:17 PM »
Really been looking forward to this Argentina and Croatia match. IMO, the most overrated team in the world vs. the most underrated team in the world.
+1000000

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2018, 01:44:06 PM »
This has been a pretty terrible WC so far in my opinion.  After the late winners in the first few matches, the Portugal/Spain barnburner, its been a lot of cynical, aesthetically awful soccer.  You have Portugal and France scoring early goals and parking the bus against overmatched opponents, "minnows" fighting but unable to produce any moments of magic or quality, and a lot of good teams sleepwalking. 

Hope the knockout rounds improve, but its been a snooze so far for the most part.  Every good team looks like they are coached by Mourinho.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2018, 01:55:03 PM »
I got half-way and had to give up for now. Another terrible piece by AA and there lack of history.

*their

And I figured you'd disapprove.  But they are 100% right.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2018, 01:55:45 PM »
This has been a pretty terrible WC so far in my opinion.  After the late winners in the first few matches, the Portugal/Spain barnburner, its been a lot of cynical, aesthetically awful soccer.  You have Portugal and France scoring early goals and parking the bus against overmatched opponents, "minnows" fighting but unable to produce any moments of magic or quality, and a lot of good teams sleepwalking. 

Hope the knockout rounds improve, but its been a snooze so far for the most part.  Every good team looks like they are coached by Mourinho.

That's just the way that these international tournaments are going.  Everybody plays more defensively, nobody wants to be the next Andres Escobar (the own goal part, not being killed for it), throw in more and more demanding domestic seasons and you have more tired players and subsequently less entertaining soccer.  Top managers can also make more money at clubs rather than with national teams.  It's only going to get worse when it expands to 48 teams.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2018, 01:56:51 PM »
I got half-way and had to give up for now. Another terrible piece by AA and there lack of history.

Could have set my watch to this.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2018, 02:04:35 PM »

And I figured you'd disapprove.  But they are 100% right.
They are not right or wrong. It's just their (AA) opinion.

Just to use one example because I don't care to go into detail on the link as a whole. I had the Sirius XM feed of FOX on when Strong said, Iceland beats Argentina 1-1. I thought that line was outstanding! Brought a smile to my face. I understood what it meant. I even knew the back story in where the line even came from. That was outstanding announcing by Strong!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:11:11 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2018, 02:06:54 PM »
Could have set my watch to this.
Oh ya. I'm no fan of the site Awful Announcing.
-Bill Walton

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2018, 02:10:13 PM »
Do they really think that challenge from Croatia should have been a red? Yellow fine, but I thought it was a bit of a nothing play with a whole lot of acting from the Argentine player.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2018, 02:12:08 PM »
Oooo boy, that's embarrassing.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2018, 03:05:10 PM »
Oooo boy, that's embarrassing.

Caballero joining the Loris Karius, Rob Green big game blunder support group.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

panda

• All American
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2018, 03:12:55 PM »

Welcome to the world of group play in a major tournament. Nothing new...

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2018, 09:02:39 AM »
Despite picking up all 3 points, Brazil did not look especially good today.  A lot of the traditional heavy hitters have looked pretty disappointing thus far (Brazil, France despite taking 6 points from 2 games, Germany, Spain, Argentina).  The two teams that I have been most impressed by are Belgium,(although they've only played Panama) and Croatia, we could have a new winner this year which I think would be good for the game.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2018, 09:22:44 AM »
It didn't help that Costa Rica was allowed to foul consistently.  The fact that they received only one yellow was pretty damning.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2018, 09:27:47 AM »
True, but if you look at their lack of creativity in the final 3rd, not only today, but also against the Swiss, they haven't lived up to the hype of being one of the pre-tournament favorites.  All that matters right now is getting out of the group, which they should be able to do, but if their play doesn't improve, they may not go too far after that.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2018, 10:55:31 AM »
It didn't help that Costa Rica was allowed to foul consistently.  The fact that they received only one yellow was pretty damning.

Wait, so you're saying the officiating affected the outcome of a game?!

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2018, 10:57:44 AM »
So far, Belgium looks like the best team

feedback