[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: American heroes  (Read 24366 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: American heroes
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2018, 12:21:37 PM »
wait...where did i say my mind is made up?  my point is, if sultan is going to call the dude a liar, which sounds like someone's mind is made up when i'll i'm saying is, is cnn going to own up to any "journalistic standards"?  no asked sully for proof or blasted him-open minded? 

ya see hards, you are assuming my mind is made up-wrong!  i'm still listening to all the scenarios.  if the kid did in fact lie-shame on him.  if cnn is steering the topic toward their agenda?  well, surprise surprise eyn'er?

so i'm going to get berated for...what?  sounds like you've already made up your mind for you and your boys to kick my arse and you are no harbinger of open mindedness.  can't you at least try to fake it first before "berating" fellow scooper.  i thought you guys were "tolerant" to other thoughts-"co-exist" right?

If your mind is not made up, why did your statement call out only cnn?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2018, 01:49:32 PM »
If your mind is not made up, why did your statement call out only cnn?

because THAT WAS THE NETWORK that had invited him to their anti-gun rally, asked him to write something and submit questions to be asked and then changed his stuff so he opted out
don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2018, 01:52:11 PM »
because THAT WAS THE NETWORK that had invited him to their anti-gun rally, asked him to write something and submit questions to be asked and then changed his stuff so he opted out

That's why you have zero credibility.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2018, 01:57:21 PM »
wait...where did i say my mind is made up?  my point is, if sultan is going to call the dude a liar, which sounds like someone's mind is made up when i'll i'm saying is, is cnn going to own up to any "journalistic standards"?  no asked sully for proof or blasted him-open minded? 

ya see hards, you are assuming my mind is made up-wrong!  i'm still listening to all the scenarios.  if the kid did in fact lie-shame on him.

You're the best
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2018, 03:07:28 PM »

So, you just said exactly what the kid said. I mean, I thought you didn't believe his side. You had said your mind wasn't made up. But here you just parrotted the kid's story.

I have no problem if you want to not take a side. Or if you want to wait to see if there's more info. But, unless I am totally misunderstanding you, you believe the kid in this "he said-she said" topic.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2018, 03:19:36 PM »
Scot Pederson will not make this list. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2018, 03:26:57 PM »
So, you just said exactly what the kid said. I mean, I thought you didn't believe his side. You had said your mind wasn't made up. But here you just parrotted the kid's story.

I have no problem if you want to not take a side. Or if you want to wait to see if there's more info. But, unless I am totally misunderstanding you, you believe the kid in this "he said-she said" topic.

Where did I say I believe him?  That’s what the kid said. I have only heard cnn disagrees or that’s not what happened. What I did see of the cnn presentation was a very partisan crowd,acting like children. Booing, name calling, not allowing some people to speak, etc...

Waiting to hear someone discredit the kids story with credible info. Cnn is in disagreement and the kid is in disagreement...someone isn’t telling the truth but I sure in the hell ain’t going to rely on sultan telling us the kid is lying cuz he has shown to be the MESSAGE board hardguy with the temperament of a bull elephant in heat.  Hey, maybe he was in the crowd at that cnn thing and they told him the kid is lying.  That settles it I guess

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2018, 03:31:58 PM »
Where did I say I believe him?  That’s what the kid said. I have only heard cnn disagrees or that’s not what happened. What I did see of the cnn presentation was a very partisan crowd,acting like children. Booing, name calling, not allowing some people to speak, etc...

Waiting to hear someone discredit the kids story with credible info. Cnn is in disagreement and the kid is in disagreement...someone isn’t telling the truth but I sure in the hell ain’t going to rely on sultan telling us the kid is lying cuz he has shown to be the MESSAGE board hardguy with the temperament of a bull elephant in heat.  Hey, maybe he was in the crowd at that cnn thing and they told him the kid is lying.  That settles it I guess

I think you are guilty here to some degree, but you aren't the only one.  You seem to have taken a side, but so did #bansultan, only you are the one that is taking the lumps.  You run over these guys dog or something?  Ha ha.   

Ultimately this is he said he said, we will never know.  Some reports today that a second family is saying what this kid did, and if that is true it would add some scrutiny to CNN.   I'm inclined to go with the misunderstanding of communications between the various parties.  He wrote an essay, they wanted a question not an essay.  They may have said stick to the script, which probably meant format, not literally a scripted question.  The kid did great deeds during this tragedy, he should get the benefit of the doubt.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2018, 03:53:50 PM »
I think you are guilty here to some degree, but you aren't the only one.  You seem to have taken a side, but so did #bansultan, only you are the one that is taking the lumps.  You run over these guys dog or something?  Ha ha.   
Yes, Chicos, you guys are always the victims.  Must be tough.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2018, 04:39:02 PM »
Yes, Chicos, you guys are always the victims.  Must be tough.

I know the guy is trying to sound so un-Chicos. It’s not working.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2018, 05:24:19 PM »

This is not what happened, even according to the kid's version of events.
People probably wouldn't get on you so much around here if you got your facts straight more often.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2018, 07:31:44 PM »
This is not what happened, even according to the kid's version of events.
People probably wouldn't get on you so much around here if you got your facts straight more often.

come on pakman-maybe i didn't outline EXACTLY how it played out, but the bottom line is no knows yet, as far as i understand up to this point, who lied here.   that's really what i'm saying-i have no proof cnn lied. but sultan is emphatically saying the kid lied-period.  no one is asking for his proof or accused of taking sides-shocker!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2018, 07:52:10 PM »
come on pakman-maybe i didn't outline EXACTLY how it played out, but the bottom line is no knows yet, as far as i understand up to this point, who lied here.   that's really what i'm saying-i have no proof cnn lied. but sultan is emphatically saying the kid lied-period.  no one is asking for his proof or accused of taking sides-shocker!

Probably because I already said I didn’t have any.

But he did lie.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2018, 08:13:36 PM »

Just curious why you need credible info to discredit the kid but not credible info to discredit cnn.

It would appear that you are ambivalent on the kid telling the truth. But you definitely do not believe cnn

Kid makes a statement. CNN discredits him. But you don't believe cnn. Why?

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2018, 08:32:32 PM »
Just curious why you need credible info to discredit the kid but not credible info to discredit cnn.

It would appear that you are ambivalent on the kid telling the truth. But you definitely do not believe cnn

A 5:26 PM tweet summarizes an angle that seems to be prevalent in RS's view of the situation.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2018, 08:51:55 PM »
A 5:26 PM tweet summarizes an angle that seems to be prevalent in RS's view of the situation.

?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2018, 09:18:29 PM »

Holy unnatural carnal knowledge. I didn't think you could elevate from the position of exceptionally stupid individual. You proved me wrong.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2018, 09:51:47 PM »
?
@realDonaldTrump was live tweeting Tucker Carlson who was on air saying exactly what RS was. Check out his 5:26PM tweet.

Also, I suggest following @MattGertz to see this full impact

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2018, 03:18:20 AM »
Holy unnatural carnal knowledge. I didn't think you could elevate from the position of exceptionally stupid individual. You proved me wrong.

You need a shower, Golden.  Take another hike

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2018, 03:22:02 AM »
@realDonaldTrump was live tweeting Tucker Carlson who was on air saying exactly what RS was. Check out his 5:26PM tweet.

Also, I suggest following @MattGertz to see this full impact

I never saw any of these tweets...fyi, I don’t have a twitter account and the only tweeters I see are when they are quoted or published in an article.  I do not follow anyone.   But thanks for sharing

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2018, 03:27:45 AM »

If you think cnn, msnbc, are credible, then we cannot have a discussion. They get so wrinkled over 2 scoops(no pun intended) of ice cream and Melanie’s shoes while real stuff is happening.  The whole russiarussiarussia thing is the biggest smoke screen corruption we’ve ever seen and a disgusting waste of FBI resources.  They were digging so hard and for so long, they found themselves...oopsie😱

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2018, 03:46:04 AM »
If you think cnn, msnbc, are credible, then we cannot have a discussion. They get so wrinkled over 2 scoops(no pun intended) of ice cream and Melanie’s shoes while real stuff is happening.  The whole russiarussiarussia thing is the biggest smoke screen corruption we’ve ever seen and a disgusting waste of FBI resources.  They were digging so hard and for so long, they found themselves...oopsie😱

Oh my.  Not surprised.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2018, 07:01:56 AM »
I never saw any of these tweets...fyi, I don’t have a twitter account and the only tweeters I see are when they are quoted or published in an article.  I do not follow anyone.   But thanks for sharing
The point wasn't the tweet itself but where the information from the tweet came from and that the talking points presented by both you and the President come directly from Fox TV personalities. 

Whether you agree with Fox/the President or disagree with them you should be aware of the feedback loop between the President and various Fox personalities via twitter.  @MattGertz does an analysis where he compares what Fox broadcasts and what the President tweets and there is a fascinating, and undeniable, direct link. 

Again, regardless of if you agree or disagree with either entity, they are in a feedback loop that is objectively amazing to watch.  You should draw your own conclusion on if this is a good thing or bad thing but do yourself a favor and look at it.  I strongly hesitate to post the link to Mr. Gertz' work because he thinks this is a very bad thing so when you read it put his comments on the actions/content aside and simply look at the analysis of: "Fox aired ____ at 7:15 AM and the President tweeted ____ at 7:42 AM.  Then because the President tweeted it, it is news and has to be reported by other news outlets". 

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/05/trump-media-feedback-loop-216248

Bonus: Gertz is worth a follow on Twitter because, though he tweets too much for me, in addition to his Fox/DJT content he frequently gets confused with Matt Gaetz, which is fun to watch.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2018, 08:04:16 AM »

They already have several criminal indictments and a few guilty pleas. The lead prosecutor is a lifelong Republican, and he is being supervised by another Republican (and Trump appointee). So catching and busting guys who commit multiple felonies is a waste of resources?

Perhaps you'd be happier if we used those resources to arm every toddler in America....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2018, 10:06:33 AM »

Ok. I'll bow out of this discussion now. Enjoy your weekend