collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Limbaugh dead  (Read 32162 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Limbaugh dead
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 11:50:23 AM »
T&P
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 11:55:51 AM »
Detestable and incendiary as he was, I still think the whole empire he created was a pretty incredible considering in his mid 30s he was kicking around mid markets with no real success.  Dude changed the face of political talk radio

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 11:57:55 AM »
will all of his wives be pallbearers?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 12:04:04 PM »
Sad day. Great voice and show. Ratings were off the charts. He will be missed by many.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 12:18:25 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 12:13:03 PM »
The world is a brighter place today.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 12:14:40 PM »
Just think he's proof that even well educated individuals will listen to any dropout who yells loud enough
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 12:24:39 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 12:21:44 PM »
Amazing how large his platform got considering how overtly racist he was.

Well, maybe not that amazing actually.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 12:22:08 PM »
What won't get enough attention was just how talented the guy was at radio.  I know some people in the field and whenever Limbaugh's name would pop up, they would marvel at how effortlessly he filled those hours daily.

This is also death blow to conservatives.   Liberals have ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, Wash Post, NY Times, LA Times, all of sports media, and all of entertainment media promoting their cause.  The Right had Limbaugh and Fox News nighttime opinion hosts, that's it.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 12:27:19 PM »

This is also death blow to conservatives.   Liberals have ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, Wash Post, NY Times, LA Times, all of sports media, and all of entertainment media promoting their cause.  The Right had Limbaugh and Fox News nighttime opinion hosts, that's it.

Utter nonsense.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 12:33:23 PM »
Thoughts and prayers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2021, 12:57:08 PM »
The con he pulled on his audience for the last 30+ years was one of the most amazing things in entertainment history.  He was a master troll and I doubt many people had less respect for his audience than him.  He was terrible for political discourse but good at what he did.  I won’t miss him but I’ll get to deal with the fallout of his conman career for decades
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2021, 12:59:49 PM »
Detestable and incendiary as he was, I still think the whole empire he created was a pretty incredible considering in his mid 30s he was kicking around mid markets with no real success.  Dude changed the face of political talk radio

Yep. He was a brilliant businessman and self-marketer who gave millions of people what they didn't even know they wanted.

Hell, he even briefly convinced ESPN to pay him big bucks, with the promise that he wouldn't say the kind of things he had been saying non-stop for years.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2021, 01:06:18 PM »
He took full advantage of the end of the Fairness Doctrine.  I listened to him in the 90s.  I used him to hone arguments in my head.   I figured if I completely disagreed with him, I must be on solid ground.   If we agreed, I knew I needed to reconsider.
Eventually, he said stuff so irredeemable that I couldn't in good conscience keep listening.   And for the last 20 plus years, if a business had him on, I walked out.   Maybe I would do my business there at a different time, maybe go somewhere else.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2021, 01:27:10 PM »

Uhhh ... You forgot the Wall Street Journal, NY Post, Chicago Tribune (speaking of thoughts and prayers), Sinclair Broadcasting, Newsmax, OANN, Brietbart, Daily Wire, Daily Caller, The Hill, and the vast, vast majority of talk radio.
But other than that, nothing.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2021, 01:31:06 PM »
What won't get enough attention was just how talented the guy was at radio.  I know some people in the field and whenever Limbaugh's name would pop up, they would marvel at how effortlessly he filled those hours daily.

Difference is there's slightly center left networks you're lumping in as left with the far left. There's no center right networks. I'd love to watch and hear a rational differing opinion if there was.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2021, 01:43:36 PM »
RIP

You can guess what the P stands for.

Deplorable human being, contributed heavily to the current state of politics. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2021, 01:46:35 PM »
I don't celebrate his death, I mourn his life.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2021, 01:46:41 PM »
There is an awful of hate out there. There are some liberal journalists on CNN, ABC, MSNBC, etc. that I do not care for, and quite possibly dislike, but if one of them passed I would never say some of the things being said about Rush on here and elsewhere. Folks, I simply do not get the hate. At our house we agree we can hate cancer and Hitler, nothing else or no one beyond that.

As for Rush, he was great entertainer, businessman and a great American success story. He will be missed by this guy.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2021, 01:49:12 PM »
There is an awful of hate out there.

There's a little less today than there was yesterday, though.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2021, 01:53:00 PM »
There is an awful of hate out there. There are some liberal journalists on CNN, ABC, MSNBC, etc. that I do not care for, and quite possibly dislike, but if one of them passed I would never say some of the things being said about Rush on here and elsewhere. Folks, I simply do not get the hate. At our house we agree we can hate cancer and Hitler, nothing else or no one beyond that.

As for Rush, he was great entertainer, businessman and a great American success story. He will be missed by this guy.

Well said, I agree completely.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2021, 02:03:41 PM »

Many on the right be dancing on the grave of Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann, Don Lemon, etc (not that they are comparable but they're still hated). if they died too because they are depraved individuals who take joy in the death of others they don't even know.

I'm glad Limbaugh is gone.  I agree with you about him being a great businessman and entertainer, Goose, but in doing so he was toxic to the political discourse in America. I say this as a former listener. A high school teacher turned me on to him and I listened for many years as a young Republican: jokes, name-calling, skits, demagoguery, etc. It wasn't meant to provoke serious thought, it was meant to entertain and tell people what they wanted to hear in a sophomoric way while advancing an agenda. He found a way to influence his audience who felt they had someone standing up to them. He bashed "limousine liberals" while living in a Manhattan penthouse out of the set of the Great Gatsby and then a 24,000 square foot manor in Florida. He based drug users while illegally using drugs himself. But, they didn't care, he was funny and spoke to them and created a following of individuals incapable of critical and logical thought but instead believing the other side was evil.

I do find it to be the ultimate in schadenfreude that a man who mocked the anti-smoking movement and the science behind it for so many years died of lung cancer. I hope those cigars were worth it, "El Rushbo."
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2021, 02:04:23 PM »

Here's some of his top quotes, if you can find a left wing journalist saying anything as ignorant & vile I'll happily dance on that persons grave as well.

“Let the unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do — let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work.”

“Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

“The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

“They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”

Limbaugh has called Obama a ‘halfrican American’ has said that Obama was not Black but Arab because Kenya is an Arab region, even though Arabs are less than one percent of Kenya. Since mainstream America has become more accepting of African-Americans, Limbaugh has decided to play against its new racial fears, Arabs and Muslims. Despite the fact Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law school, Limbaugh has called him an ‘affirmative action candidate.’ Limbaugh even has repeatedly played a song on his radio show ‘Barack the Magic Negro’ using an antiquated Jim Crow era term for Black a man who many Americans are supporting for president. Way to go Rush.

"We need segregated buses… This is Obama’s America.”

"It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She’s having so much sex she can’t afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex."

In particular I hope that if you have any daughters/siblings/wife that have used birth control you haven't read them that last statement. But hey support who you support, I just think it's gross to cover your ears for so much of this
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2021, 02:05:36 PM »
Thoughts.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2021, 02:11:16 PM »

He was also a bigot, Misogynist, Homophobe, and cranky old man.

While that didn't bother you, millions of us yearn for equality for all.

feedback