collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Lax Bros At It Again  (Read 12656 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 02:41:56 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

forgetful

• All American
Re: MU Lax Bros At It Again
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 03:32:58 PM »
They should be expelled.

Why in the world would anyone make that video anyway. It was completely pointless.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 03:39:36 PM »
O, eye taught dis wuz gonna bee 'bout sum LAX dude porkin' a chick at da Al, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 04:06:08 PM »
Can someone translate wtf they were trying to even say?   Facemask, n-word? 

Since it didn't make sense, I thought it was some kind of slang .. and their pronunciation was strange.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 04:09:20 PM »
Can someone translate wtf they were trying to even say?   Facemask, n-word? 

Since it didn't make sense, I thought it was some kind of slang .. and their pronunciation was strange.

I assumed they were really intoxicated. But agreed it sounds like they literally say facemask followed by the n-word.
Maigh Eo for Sam

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 04:11:52 PM »
At the end, it was “Sand-N.” Makes me sick

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 04:23:51 PM »
At the end, it was “Sand-N.” Makes me sick

Seriously. Are they stupid enough to think they wouldn't be caught or this wouldn't get negative feedback? Is this a thing where young people try to replicate the weird $hit "influencers" put out?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 05:19:27 PM »
Disgusting.  And as others have sad, very odd.  Feel bad for their parents. 
Ludum habemus.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2021, 05:29:47 PM »
It is so sad when people use that kind of language...and incredibly stupid to make a video and post it online.

They asked for their moment of infamy, and they got it.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2021, 05:34:06 PM »
He did not upload the video.  His girlfriend did. 

It is seven seconds long and it is unclear that he was aware he was being recorded by her (he never looked into the camera) or knew that she would upload it to social media, which she did last night. This is how fast things now move.

In the video, he was making up words to a song in the background when he said it. He said it in a way that he was searching for something to say.

I point this out because the assumption here is this was an intentional act to purposely say this, record this, and upload it to social media. 

It is more complicated.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 05:36:14 PM by Heisenberg v2.0 »
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2021, 05:35:21 PM »
Seriously. Are they stupid enough to think they wouldn't be caught or this wouldn't get negative feedback? Is this a thing where young people try to replicate the weird $hit "influencers" put out?

Racist speech is never cool, but I’m always baffled by dumb crap like this. I knew people when I was younger/in college (I’m sure many millennials like me did) who were like this. Not out and out racist, would likely never call a minority a slur, didn’t hold views that were traditionally racist, but though racist terms were hilarious.  The same people would chuck around f*g cause it was a funny world. And this was in the early to mid 2000s, much less now. People are quick to label the racists, but I actually doubt they are and it’s even more insidious. It’s an ambivalence and desensitization of disgusting hateful words because they mean nothing to you personally and you think it’s funny or edgy

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2021, 05:45:33 PM »

It is seven seconds long and it is unclear that he was aware he was being recorded by her (he never looked into the camera) or knew that she would upload it to social media, which she did last night. This is how fast things now move.

In the video, he was making up words to a song in the background when he said it. He said it in a way that he was searching for something to say.

I point this out because the assumption here is this was an intentional act to purposely say this, record this, and upload it to social media. 

It is more complicated.

Nah, it is not that complicated. Don't say that sort of thing and the problem resolves itself.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2021, 05:50:34 PM »

It is more complicated.

Looks to me like he knew they were being filmed he's looking right below where the camera would be, at the screen where you'd see yourself. I don't know what you're talking about regarding the song lyrics, she said "do you have a face mask" he responded with the n-word, she repeated it, he said "sand n-word"

Normal people don't talk that way.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2021, 05:59:59 PM »
Looks to me like he knew they were being filmed he's looking right below where the camera would be, at the screen where you'd see yourself. I don't know what you're talking about regarding the song lyrics, she said "do you have a face mask" he responded with the n-word, she repeated it, he said "sand n-word"

Normal people don't talk that way.

Agreed that is not normal talk.

But he did not record it, she did, he did not upload it, she did.  Half the posts here assume he purposely recorded and uploaded it.  Not clear he agreed to upload it.

Does it matter that he is a 19-year-old freshman?  Or do all the morally superior Boomers like Forgetful need him to suffer the MU death penalty (expulsion) so Forgetful can feel better about himself.

Is their any room for MU to keep him and make him understand the error of his ways.  Or, are we "cancel first" all the time.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2021, 06:06:59 PM »
Agreed that is not normal talk.

But he did not record it, she did, he did not upload it, she did.  Half the posts here assume he purposely recorded and uploaded it.  Not clear he agreed to upload it.

Does it matter that he is a 19-year-old freshman?  Or do all the morally superior Boomers like Forgetful need him to suffer the MU death penalty (expulsion) so Forgetful can feel better about himself.

Is their any room for MU to keep him and make him understand the error of his ways.  Or, are we "cancel first" all the time.

You're dead on about who uploaded it. I don't think who recorded matters, I mean she's definitely less classy for recording a post bang video but again you see yourself in selfie mode and it  very clearly recording when someone's recording.

I agree he shouldn't be expelled, I think he should have to do a service day with one of the black clubs on campus or in Milwaukee. But he doesn't deserve the spot on the Lax team as it's not a right.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2021, 06:13:26 PM »
You're dead on about who uploaded it. I don't think who recorded matters, I mean she's definitely less classy for recording a post bang video but again you see yourself in selfie mode and it  very clearly recording when someone's recording.

I agree he shouldn't be expelled, I think he should have to do a service day with one of the black clubs on campus or in Milwaukee. But he doesn't deserve the spot on the Lax team as it's not a right.

He's on scholarship, taking that away could be defacto death penalty given family finances (we don't know what percentage he's getting or the position of his family to cover the lost scholarship).

Need to consider carefully about kicking him off the team for a non-team error.

100% agree he should not be expelled.  No lessons are learned by this punishment.  He gets defensive that he is a victim to cancel culture. His friends and teammates could see it that way.

Everyone is better served to keep him around so everyone can watch him serve a penalty and understand that words matter.

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2021, 06:49:02 PM »
Ill never understand the "benefit of the doubt" people excusing this behavior. Ill never understand trying to normalize racism.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2021, 06:51:58 PM »
Little nose candy on the girl's nose?

Free speech can be a b!tch.  You can say what you want, but now everyone knows who you are.  And who you are certainly isn't pretty.

Ill never understand the "benefit of the doubt" people excusing this behavior. Ill never understand trying to normalize racism.

Bingo.  I say stupid stuff.  But it's usually like "Gonzaga and Butler are so much better than everyone else" when I meant to say "Baylor."  Not "Sand n******."  People like that do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.  They let you know who they were.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 06:55:39 PM »
Little nose candy on the girl's nose?

Free speech can be a b!tch.  You can say what you want, but now everyone knows who you are.  And who you are certainly isn't pretty.

Bingo.  I say stupid stuff.  But it's usually like "Gonzaga and Butler are so much better than everyone else" when I meant to say "Baylor."  Not "Sand n******."  People like that do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.  They let you know who they were.

He's 19 and you are writing him off.

So you are letting us know who you are (along with your handle) and it is not a good look at all.

I doubt you get it.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2021, 07:01:55 PM »

To be clear, he said something wrong.  He should be punished.  The question is what is that punishment.

Seems you want the standard of punishment to be what makes you feel good about yourself, not what is appropriate for this situation.

Oh, do you also find "innocent until proven guilty" to also be something you do not understand?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2021, 07:07:18 PM »

No, it doesn't matter that he is 19. He's an adult.

Seeing him expelled has nothing to do with me, but awesome of you to try and place this on me somehow. If he was an employee, he would be fired. He's an adult, he needs to learn actions have consequences. An expulsion would place the punishment at a level consistent with the real world.

It's not cancel culture, it is consequences for ones actions.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2021, 07:11:54 PM »
No, it doesn't matter that he is 19. He's an adult.

Seeing him expelled has nothing to do with me, but awesome of you to try and place this on me somehow. If he was an employee, he would be fired. He's an adult, he needs to learn actions have consequences. An expulsion would place the punishment at a level consistent with the real world.

It's not cancel culture, it is consequences for ones actions.

No, it is all about you, and making sure you feel good about yourself ... you're so self-absorbed in your sanctimony you are incapable of seeing it.

Fortunately your just an internet troll and not someone with any real decision-making authority ... because anyone that had to make real decisions does not think this way.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2021, 07:22:29 PM »
I see Heisey’s been lacking attention again.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2021, 07:22:59 PM »
Heise back for the shock value attention. Better to normalize racism if it brings you attention on an anonymous internet forum than get no attention at all.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2021, 07:23:21 PM »
I see Heisey’s been lacking attention again.

Well dang. You beat me by 30 seconds.

feedback