collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Mandalorian *Spoilers*  (Read 10152 times)

jesmu84

• All American
The Mandalorian *Spoilers*
« on: October 31, 2020, 03:52:44 PM »
S2E1 was good. Felt a little similar to the one with the rhino and sand people. Love Timothy Olyphant. Perfect casting. Was that Boba? Seeing as how it's the actor who played Jango and Boba was a clone.

tower912

• All American
Re: The Mandalorian *Spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 04:03:19 PM »
I was a little bit underwhelmed.    I know that it takes the long view of story telling, but I am not sure how this advanced the narrative.    I also found myself thinking about Yondu's Yaka arrow and even the cheeseball classic 'Tremors'.      The only really cool part was the very last few seconds.   

Of course I will be watching next week.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 05:29:37 PM »
Lots of shoutouts to the non-movie canon of Star Wars.  Cobb Vanth is covered pretty extensively in the Aftermath books and the Krayt Dragon and its pearl are also deep dives. 

I’m assuming that’s Boba Fett at the end and I’m not all that interested in him but if it fits within this story, it’ll be fine.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 06:00:31 PM »
Lots of shoutouts to the non-movie canon of Star Wars.  Cobb Vanth is covered pretty extensively in the Aftermath books and the Krayt Dragon and its pearl are also deep dives. 

I’m assuming that’s Boba Fett at the end and I’m not all that interested in him but if it fits within this story, it’ll be fine.

Any KOTOR fans out there?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 08:31:25 PM »
I was a little bit underwhelmed.    I know that it takes the long view of story telling, but I am not sure how this advanced the narrative.    I also found myself thinking about Yondu's Yaka arrow and even the cheeseball classic 'Tremors'.      The only really cool part was the very last few seconds.   

Of course I will be watching next week.   

Good episode, but this was my view. In fact, not quite sure what the narrative is, but the closing seconds of this will keep me locked in.

I keep thinking how much happier I'd have been with the final trilogy with Favreau producing instead.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 10:50:52 AM »

Didn't Boba fall into the Sarlak pit in the beginning of Return of the Jedi?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 11:17:50 AM »
Didn't Boba fall into the Sarlak pit in the beginning of Return of the Jedi?

Yes.  The story is the Jawas salvaged his armor and swapped it to Cobb Vanth, leaving Boba Fett’s fate unknown

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 01:57:14 PM »
Just watched it. Decent episode, I'm a bit confused because I recall reading that something said in the first season made Jango Fett and thus Bobba Fett  are now not Mandalorians. So finding Bobba Fett wouldn't necessarily advance his quest to find other mandalorians right? Unless there's a redemption arc coming for Bobba
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 03:58:43 PM »
I was hoping this thread was about the time machine from Back to the Future.  :(

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 04:16:41 PM »
Man.  DeLorean jokes.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 06:24:42 AM »
Likely Boba Fett is a red herring. Boba's armor is Mandalorian but Boba himself isn't as far as we've been told (Jango wasn't either). The person at the end was likely (IMO) Captain Rex (clone who eliminated his Order 66 chip) and by extension ends up being the link to Ashoka Tano(played by Rosario Dawson supposedly).

Admittedly this is a bit of a bottle episode but not every episode needs to remove smoke from the map
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2020, 05:24:38 PM »
Two 'Perils of Pauline' episodes.    No plot advancement.     Other than establishing that Mando has a record with the Republic.    And they found a guy who was a ringer for Porkins. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2020, 06:01:52 PM »
Two 'Perils of Pauline' episodes.    No plot advancement.     Other than establishing that Mando has a record with the Republic.    And they found a guy who was a ringer for Porkins.

I’m not sure the frog doesn’t advance the plot.  Trailers showed Mando on her world as we saw her carrying her eggs to somewhere

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2020, 09:14:01 PM »
I did like how the lady frog got the droid running and translating.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2020, 09:11:50 AM »
Finally, a plot driven episode.

Anyone else feel like this series is just one big retcon to explain why there was a sequel trilogy?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2020, 09:29:18 AM »
Finally, a plot driven episode.

Anyone else feel like this series is just one big retcon to explain why there was a sequel trilogy?

Feels more connected to the animated series than the sequels based on characters

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2020, 10:02:41 AM »
Feels more connected to the animated series than the sequels based on characters

I'm vaguely familiar with them and might have to finally watch them.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2020, 10:25:19 AM »
I'm vaguely familiar with them and might have to finally watch them.

There are some YouTube videos you can find that explain Mandalore, Mandalorian society and Ahsoka Tano’s connection with them since she’s going to be part of the series at some point.  Dave Filoni was the show runner for the animated shows and is heavily involved in this series.  They should really give him the Kevin Feige Marvel role as far as the Star Wars universe is concerned

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2020, 11:25:50 AM »
So this is interesting as I always thought Din was going to be the heir to the dark saber but it sounds like it's actually supposed to go to this new mandalorian heiress?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2020, 11:45:42 AM »
So this is interesting as I always thought Din was going to be the heir to the dark saber but it sounds like it's actually supposed to go to this new mandalorian heiress?

She was in possession of it before Moff Gideon took it

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2020, 08:48:42 PM »
Fingers crossed we get a live action Sabine Wren
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 12:59:00 PM »
Could someone who's more knowledgeable about what's canon and what isn't tell me if we might see darth maul? My friend told me he apperently didn't die and conquered mandalor?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 05:21:14 PM »
Could someone who's more knowledgeable about what's canon and what isn't tell me if we might see darth maul? My friend told me he apperently didn't die and conquered mandalor?

He’s dead in this timeline

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 05:49:27 PM »
He’s dead in this timeline

Didn't Solo indicate he survived beyond Phantom Menace?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2020, 05:55:43 PM »
Didn't Solo indicate he survived beyond Phantom Menace?

He did but he didn’t make it to A New Hope.  This timeline is post Return of the Jedi

feedback