[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU student wants wojo’s gig  (Read 11293 times)

Goose

• All American
MU student wants wojo’s gig
« on: November 16, 2018, 05:13:18 PM »
This pretty much sums things up for me.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: MU student wants wojo’s gig
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 05:48:50 PM »
This pretty much sums things up for me.

An entitled student that's concluded we "threw away a season" 3 games into the season.

Nice.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 05:51:44 PM »
An entitled student that's concluded we "threw away a season" 3 games into the season.

Nice.

Personally, I'm happy to see students getting back to a point where they expect to win. I dont see that ad entitled at all, just having high expectations.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 05:57:44 PM »
Always found it funny that how names are hidden. The kid wants to be ballsy enough to email the administration and receive attention, let him receive the attention.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 05:58:19 PM »
Personally, I'm happy to see students getting back to a point where they expect to win. I dont see that ad entitled at all, just having high expectations.

Wasting the AD's (not that it will ever get to him, nor should it) time by sending him his resume?  I'd say that's a bit entitled, but just my opinion.

We played an awful game on the road to a good team.  If he's that upset about it he probably should've been sending this immediately after we lost in the BET last year and it was clear we weren't going to the NCAA.

Maybe the dude should send his resume into Villanova's AD while he's at it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 05:59:14 PM »
I mean, from what I've currently seen... Is he wrong? (and scoopers, he's sarcastic)

Goose

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 06:12:29 PM »
I am happy there is a student that cares this much about the program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 06:42:05 PM »
I am happy there is a student that cares this much about the program.

He cares about getting attention. But won’t actually put his name out there. Sounds like a good candidate to replace a high major D1 sports team!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 07:11:56 PM »
I'm disappointed that Marquette has a Barstool site now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 07:15:00 PM »
I'm disappointed that Marquette has a Barstool site now.

Yup. Exactly.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 08:04:29 PM »
Think the kid meant "unattainable".

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 08:23:00 PM »
Wasting the AD's (not that it will ever get to him, nor should it) time by sending him his resume?  I'd say that's a bit entitled, but just my opinion.

We played an awful game on the road to a good team.  If he's that upset about it he probably should've been sending this immediately after we lost in the BET last year and it was clear we weren't going to the NCAA.

For the life of me I dont get Nova comparisons...the kid references all of Wojo's time at MU.  I hope Wojo has us finishing in the top 25 this year...unfortunately I think this kid is correct. 

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 08:59:19 PM »

Entitled? It’s a joke...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 09:02:29 PM »
Entitled? It’s a joke...

I’m not talking about him being serious about thinking he deserves the job. He’s crying because MU played a bad game at Indiana. Why did he wait until now to seek attention if he’s not reacting to a single game?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 09:07:32 PM »
It's a stunt.

What makes this kid think he understands defenses, motivating young people, conditioning and ultimately scounting and recruiting?

We're all armchair quarterbacks. In my case, and in Brother Goose's for sure, we know the heritage of our program because we saw it. We felt it. We were part of it. We're old geezers, but We Are Marquette and we've been invested in it for decades.

That doesn't make us smarter or more adepth than Coach Wojo. We're disappointed that we're not back in the Top 10, for sure. Indiana made our blood boil. But we also know that writing off and canning Coach Wojo now, three games into his fifth season, and starting over is a disaster in the making.

We're in this with Wojo through, I hope, late March or later. If we're in it through late February or early March, then we have problems. If we have a consistent Indiana problem, then we have serious problems. We'll see and hope for the best.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 09:09:15 PM »
I’m not talking about him being serious about thinking he deserves the job. He’s crying because MU played a bad game at Indiana. Why did he wait until now to seek attention if he’s not reacting to a single game?
Ah good, I was worried.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 10:12:50 PM »
More brutality on the internet by students right now.  Unfortunately I cannot copy and paste the Instagram link, so I’ll parapharase

Marquette basketball post a short video of the Men’s team helping the hunger task force.

MU “ we took a pause from game prep today to focus on what really matters in life and do our small part to give back, and help our MKE community”

Girl “so a private jet to Indiana is alright as long as we get a lil video montage of the team doing service..  Ok...”

Guy “if this helps you not get beat by 20, have at it”

Students are really pouring it on, and I don’t blame them one bit.  Sick of mediocrity, if you can even call it that over the past 4+ years

Really?  Marquette does some community outreach and you think it’s ok for other students to blast them?

Man some people need to gain perspective. Really in the end it doesn’t matter, but blasting players who are good representatives of the University is embarrassing. The fact that people here thinks it’s ok is even worse.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:51:18 AM by Sultan of South Wayne »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 10:24:31 PM »
I and many people I know do their job and do it well, and also do community service.  It’s possible to do both. 

Calling it like someone see it isn’t a crime my friend.  I guess all of the individuals liking, or agreeing with their comments are bad people as well.  Marquette spends stupid amounts of money on chartering private jets for the coaches and players, she’s not wrong.

They are playing a sport. They are good representatives of the University. Ripping them when they are doing community service is really uncalled for.

So yeah I think the students posting and liking are misguided. I think the fact that you somehow think this is OK means you lack perspective. 

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 10:25:19 PM »
Think the kid meant "unattainable".

I think he meant that it is a tragedy that a 3rd year college student, such as himself, could coach this team farther than our current coach.

While certainly hyperbolic, I actually thought that line was pretty funny.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 10:26:05 PM »
Ripping the coaches, sure have at it. I don't really get ripping the players, especially when doing community service
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2018, 10:26:50 PM »
Ripping the coaches, sure have at it. I don't really get ripping the players, especially when doing community service

Yep.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2018, 10:53:25 PM »
Quite honestly this thread says a WHOLE lot more about the posters who actually support this garbage than it does about the players on the basketball team or the coach. Thankfully most here understand that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2018, 11:07:45 PM »
What's wrong with driving a mini van or handing out orange slices and a carpi-suns to your kids after one of their sporting events?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2018, 12:20:45 AM »
IBTL.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2018, 01:00:02 AM »
This thread is so great. Pure gold. Whine, whine whine, whine. Barstool jab because of politics, whine whine, whine.

Look, we underperformed and fans and students alike are pissed. That's  normal for a good team. Accepting losses and continued mediocrity is  normal for mid-majors.