'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[Today at 04:10:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 5/15/24  (Read 8671571 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 9/15/19
« Reply #20500 on: September 18, 2019, 05:55:44 AM »
I think the problem is here

The first 6 or 7 posts responding to you were all very reasonable in my opinion. Maybe 82 saying your point was silly was a bit of an attack, but it was an attack on your argument, not you. You seemed to be the one to escalate by telling everyone that they don't know how recruiting works and you do. From there the argument escalated into the pissing match that it did.

The problem is, if someone disagrees with you, it's not an attack on you....but you seem to take it as one. So when people disagree with you, take your advice, respond in a rational reasonable way, without attacking them.

Feel free to have the last word. I'm ducking out and back to recruiting news.

Oh, TAMU, that's just plain silly.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #20501 on: September 18, 2019, 06:11:04 AM »
Now please stop quoting muguru, and others like him. 
Good luck at that. Doesn't seem to work.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #20502 on: September 18, 2019, 06:27:34 AM »
I will say this...when it comes to recruiting, visits etc. Wojo and staff are incredibly tight lipped. We almost never get any info on how visits went, unless it's something from the national guys. With Buzz and Crean, it wasn't like you could get every last detail of recruiting news but 99.9% of the time SOMEONE knew something pretty much every step of the way..Not so with Wojo. That's not a bad thing, but as fans that follow recruiting it can get a bit frustrating I'd say.

It was the same with Crean and Buzz and before that.  MU is not a huge school that gets tons of buzz or interest by the national coverage nor does it have a following of rabid fans like some of the huge state school powers. Nor does it have a bunch websites that provide a ton of coverage.  I dont recall Dodds ever speaking to a recruit, many websites interview kids post visits. There was a ton of national coverage when we were recruiting Henry Ellenson.  Bottom line small midwestern school recruiting non burger boys dont make much noise, coaches are gonna be tight lipped always.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20503 on: September 18, 2019, 06:28:04 AM »
The problem is, if someone disagrees with you, it's not an attack on you....but you seem to take it as one. So when people disagree with you, take your advice, respond in a rational reasonable way, without attacking them.

Lots of sunk cost fallacy from guru. He got so into this self-created "what if we're not on Dawson's list" myth that he convinced himself accepting a commit from Ighodaro was a bad idea. Despite everyone on this site and Mark Miller telling him he's wrong, he just bunkers in and keeps pouring his mental capacity into a fictional scenario of his own making.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #20504 on: September 18, 2019, 07:06:17 AM »
Lots of sunk cost fallacy from guru. He got so into this self-created "what if we're not on Dawson's list" myth that he convinced himself accepting a commit from Ighodaro was a bad idea. Despite everyone on this site and Mark Miller telling him he's wrong, he just bunkers in and keeps pouring his mental capacity into a fictional scenario of his own making.

If Garcia goes elsewhere and you can 100% prove that it had nothing to do with Ighadaro's commit(even if it played a small factor), then I will concede that. However, if/when he does go elsewhere you and others will not even consider that as a small possibility as to why he chose somewhere else. Do you know the kid personally?? Do you know exactly what he's thinking, how he feels etc?? The answer to that would be no. So therefore, unless there is clear evidence that says otherwise, EVERYTHING is a possibility. No one knows for sure. Now, I'm done with this topic.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #20505 on: September 18, 2019, 07:22:38 AM »
Okay boys, we're done arguing about the impact of signing a guy and what that does to the psyche of a potential future recruit.  It's a worthy topic and could legitimately merit a thread but we try to keep this one to 'news and developments' as much as possible.  Thanks all.   :)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #20506 on: September 18, 2019, 07:33:22 AM »
If Garcia goes elsewhere and you can 100% prove that it had nothing to do with Ighadaro's commit(even if it played a small factor), then I will concede that. However, if/when he does go elsewhere you and others will not even consider that as a small possibility as to why he chose somewhere else. Do you know the kid personally?? Do you know exactly what he's thinking, how he feels etc?? The answer to that would be no. So therefore, unless there is clear evidence that says otherwise, EVERYTHING is a possibility. No one knows for sure. Now, I'm done with this topic.

Lol. The only way you will concede being wrong is if Brew can “100%” prove that Garcia didn’t come to MU due to Osa’s commit?  How the hell can anyone prove that?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #20507 on: September 18, 2019, 07:34:02 AM »
How does your wife tolerate that?? I feel bad for her if you're like that.

This is precious.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #20508 on: September 18, 2019, 07:43:21 AM »
Zed Key said he will make his college decision Sunday, 2pm Eastern.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #20509 on: September 18, 2019, 07:49:00 AM »

Won't be MU which is fine...didn't really see the love for him anyway. Could end up being a very good college player, but I don't think we should lose any sleep over this one.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #20510 on: September 18, 2019, 07:49:35 AM »

Looks Ohio State bound according to the Cristal Bowel and Rivals futurecast
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #20511 on: September 18, 2019, 08:56:56 AM »
2....I will take the 14% chance, because to me it's simple...as I said earlier about it's like an investment..If i take the 14% Garcia, and the 0% Osa, I will be betting on, the bigger prize coming my way

LOL. There simply are no words.  I mean, do you not understand that you've now expressed the preference that Osa was not a commit, even though it meant THE EXACT SAME CHANCE of getting Dawson???

LOL.  This is why people disagree with you (oh, sorry, I mean "attack" you, since anyone disagreeing with this "logic" is attacking you).  You've now twisted yourself into being unhappy that Wojo got the Osa commit, even though it has ZERO impact on the chance of Dawson committing.

Sad and hilarious at the same time.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #20512 on: September 18, 2019, 09:32:08 AM »

Thanks a welcome relieve.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #20513 on: September 18, 2019, 09:39:30 AM »
Do good players want to play with good players?  Yes, look at Kentucky and Duke.  They take 4 or 5 Top 30 kids every year, it does not deter
them at all.  Sure some kids do not make it, Charles Mathews was one, but those coaches put the best 5 on the court, and if you are not one
of them, tough luck.  Quiverly at Villy did not work out.  There is a big jump from playing against smaller kids in high school to playing against players your own height and ability.  I am sure Garcia thinks he will be the best player at MU, then he does not worry about the other kids
there recruiting.  If Osa and Dawson play the same position, so be it, let the best man play.  MU has 9 players for next year right now, need at
least 2 more.  I am not a fan of using all 13 unless you are taking a real project.  The 12th spot can be a transfer every year as you will know
what you need and the kid will have some experience playing in college.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #20514 on: September 18, 2019, 09:42:07 AM »
Wait, are you saying Mark Miller is back on this site?  I didn't think he posted here anymore.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #20515 on: September 18, 2019, 09:45:35 AM »
So do we have any updates on how the AJ Hoggard visit is going/went? Would love to get this thread back on track given that we had a pretty big recruit on campus.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20516 on: September 18, 2019, 09:59:23 AM »
Wait, are you saying Mark Miller is back on this site?  I didn't think he posted here anymore.

It was on another site. guru wrote a huge 3-paragraph post explaining recruiting to Mark after Mark said definitively that MU would be on Garcia's list & that guru didn't know what he was talking about.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #20517 on: September 18, 2019, 10:01:16 AM »
Hadnt Zed Key scheduked an official to MU?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #20518 on: September 18, 2019, 10:07:28 AM »
Key was supposed to visit this upcoming weekend.  Safe to assume he won't be visiting now that he's announcing on Sunday.

Looks like Key will head to Ohio State.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #20519 on: September 18, 2019, 10:39:04 AM »
This thread is a hellscape

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #20520 on: September 18, 2019, 10:44:04 AM »
OK enough of the BS and back to some recruiting information

From Corey Evans at Rivals
First, I have to applaud Marquette for all that it has already accomplished with its 2020 class. The Golden Eagles sit with two Rivals150 commitments in the frontcourt. Osa Ighodaro is one of the better versatile prospects from the West Coast, and Justin Lewis is a rough, blue-collar forward who should bring some toughness to the Big East program. Both should positively impact the program the day they step foot onto campus.

Where they go from here is likely the backcourt. RJ Davis remains priority A, B and C. He will visit Pitt next weekend and is down to a group featuring the Panthers, Georgetown, Marquette and North Carolina. It is anyone’s ballgame, but he would be an ideal replacement for Markus Howard.

AJ Hoggard is another player that they have coveted, and he is expected to visit Marquette this week. Michigan State is the program that is in the best spot for the Rivals150 guard. A few other wing/forwards in the mold of Jamari Sibley and Coleman Hawkins remain on the board, as do Zed Key and Dawson Garcia. While Garcia is some time away from deciding, Marquette is in a great spot with him.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #20521 on: September 18, 2019, 10:51:07 AM »
For literally the 1,000th time: stop engaging with/quoting/punching down to muguru on the Recruiting thread. PLEASE.
There is a reason dozens of us have him blocked, and this is the one thread that many of us try to come to for legit news.

Many of us (MuMark, glow, TAMU, MU82, JakeBarnes) consistently do yeoman's work on this thread to keep it to things we actually give a crap about.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #20522 on: September 18, 2019, 11:05:30 AM »
Do good players want to play with good players?  Yes, look at Kentucky and Duke.  They take 4 or 5 Top 30 kids every year, it does not deter
them at all.  Sure some kids do not make it, Charles Mathews was one, but those coaches put the best 5 on the court, and if you are not one
of them, tough luck.  Quiverly at Villy did not work out.  There is a big jump from playing against smaller kids in high school to playing against players your own height and ability.  I am sure Garcia thinks he will be the best player at MU, then he does not worry about the other kids
there recruiting.  If Osa and Dawson play the same position, so be it, let the best man play.  MU has 9 players for next year right now, need at
least 2 more.  I am not a fan of using all 13 unless you are taking a real project.  The 12th spot can be a transfer every year as you will know
what you need and the kid will have some experience playing in college.

Good kidz wanna play in da Association. Itz a katch 22 scenerio, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #20523 on: September 18, 2019, 11:14:10 AM »
Key was supposed to visit this upcoming weekend.  Safe to assume he won't be visiting now that he's announcing on Sunday.

Looks like Key will head to Ohio State.

Ok thx thought i recalled a planned visit

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #20524 on: September 18, 2019, 11:15:51 AM »
For literally the 1,000th time: stop engaging with/quoting/punching down to muguru on the Recruiting thread. PLEASE.
There is a reason dozens of us have him blocked, and this is the one thread that many of us try to come to for legit news.

Many of us (MuMark, glow, TAMU, MU82, JakeBarnes) consistently do yeoman's work on this thread to keep it to things we actually give a crap about.

Mu82?, that is laughable he is almost as bad as guru