[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Short Marquette License Plate Frame Story  (Read 2137 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Short Marquette License Plate Frame Story
« on: September 10, 2015, 09:17:24 AM »
Some of you may have caught my comment in another thread where on my drive down I-95 for summer vacation in Florida, I was pulled over by a sheriff in the middle of North Carolina.  I was not pulled over for speeding or some other traffic reason.  I was pulled over because he simply wanted to tell me my Marquette license frame obscured the words Connecticut and "Should my 2006 Ford Explorer be stolen in North Carolina it would be difficult to locate the car because the state name on the plate was not easily readable."  He did not give me a ticket, but recommended I remove it the first chance I get.  Of course, I still have not yet removed. 

Yesterday, in a weird coincidental thing, I received in the mail from Marquette as a thank you for my volunteer time for the university, a new Marquette Alumni license frame

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Short Marquette License Plate Frame Story
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 12:22:03 PM »
Some of you may have caught my comment in another thread where on my drive down I-95 for summer vacation in Florida, I was pulled over by a sheriff in the middle of North Carolina.  I was not pulled over for speeding or some other traffic reason.  I was pulled over because he simply wanted to tell me my Marquette license frame obscured the words Connecticut and "Should my 2006 Ford Explorer be stolen in North Carolina it would be difficult to locate the car because the state name on the plate was not easily readable."  He did not give me a ticket, but recommended I remove it the first chance I get.  Of course, I still have not yet removed. 

Yesterday, in a weird coincidental thing, I received in the mail from Marquette as a thank you for my volunteer time for the university, a new Marquette Alumni license frame.

I wouldn't need a Marquette license frame if they would just make the Marquette Illinois plates happen. 
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 03:19:23 PM »

Yesterday, in a weird coincidental thing, I received in the mail from Marquette as a thank you for my volunteer time for the university, a new Marquette Alumni license frame.

Actually, this is quite common there. You were stopped in North Carolina for "Drivin' While a Warrior." Them folks are still pissed for the ass wuppin' Butch and Bo laid on their sorry heines in 1977, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 03:23:59 PM »

Actually, this is quite common there. You were stopped in North Carolina for "Drivin' While a Warrior." Them folks are still pissed for the ass wuppin' Butch and Bo laid on their sorry heines in 1977, right?

Nice!!!

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 09:37:21 PM »
My son got stopped in Nebraska and was given a warning ticket due to the dealer frame you see on 90% of cars. This cop also said it blocked him from reading the state.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 08:59:33 AM »
I wouldn't need a Marquette license frame if they would just make the Marquette Illinois plates happen.

+1,000,000

Notre Lame is also not in Illinois, but I get to see those stupid plates everyday.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 11:10:43 AM »

I emailed B&G, Advancement, Alumni Relations and the Chicago Club on this very issue just a few months ago.  Not a single response from any of them.

I guess they don't want any more scholarship money.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 11:31:56 AM »
I emailed B&G, Advancement, Alumni Relations and the Chicago Club on this very issue just a few months ago.  Not a single response from any of them.

I guess they don't want any more scholarship money.

Time to talk to Jesse, himself.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 11:35:56 AM »
Time to talk to Jesse, himself.

I tried that too.  Response I got was essentially that the institution needs to initiate.

And I even played the "JW Tumblers back in the day at MU" angle
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 11:43:08 AM »
This thread reminded me of a top 10 Scoop post

Hell, Jesse Jackson Jr can MAKE the damn plates.

Anyway, same thing happened to me driving from Milwaukee to Atlanta awhile back.  A cop in Tennessee pulled me and some buddies over for having our license plate partially covered.  He then asked if he could search the car.  About 15 minutes later, another squad pulled up with dogs and they had the dogs sniff around the car.

After shooting the breeze with the officer for awhile, he told us that that strip of highway was a huge drug trafficking zone and so they use the partially-covered-license story as a reason to pull you over and search your car.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 01:04:40 PM »
This thread reminded me of a top 10 Scoop post

Anyway, same thing happened to me driving from Milwaukee to Atlanta awhile back.  A cop in Tennessee pulled me and some buddies over for having our license plate partially covered.  He then asked if he could search the car.  About 15 minutes later, another squad pulled up with dogs and they had the dogs sniff around the car.

After shooting the breeze with the officer for awhile, he told us that that strip of highway was a huge drug trafficking zone and so they use the partially-covered-license story as a reason to pull you over and search your car.

Reminds me of why I don't have "I CLOSED WOLSKI'S" on the back bumper.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 02:18:05 PM »
Reminds me of why I don't have "I CLOSED WOLSKI'S" on the back bumper.

I saw that bumper sticker down in a bar in chicago once. Thought it was pretty funny/random.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 02:48:48 PM »

Actually, this is quite common there. You were stopped in North Carolina for "Drivin' While a Warrior." Them folks are still pissed for the ass wuppin' Butch and Bo laid on their sorry heines in 1977, right?

that's a beauty! 
don't...don't don't don't don't

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 02:56:05 PM »
I saw that bumper sticker down in a bar in chicago once. Thought it was pretty funny/random.

I saw it in a bar in St. Bart's.  Even more random.

But it wasn't as cool as the Real Chili bumper sticker I put up in that same bar.
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback