[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU #7 most haunted university in the midwest  (Read 6935 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: MU #7 most haunted university in the midwest
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 02:51:41 PM »
Never heard any of those stories.  Weird.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 02:53:48 PM »
So, we're not a middle of the road university? Made a top ten list, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 03:05:35 PM »
Glenn Humphrey Hall, a student apartment complex, was originally the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Marquette University acquired it in 1988, and since that time, students have reportedly heard screaming children.

Not good for recruiting.

Glad there wasn't a mention of Mashuda or even kids falling out of McCormick.
SS Marquette

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 03:14:45 PM »
or even kids falling out of McCormick.

Did that happen?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 03:15:08 PM »

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 03:17:44 PM »
I spent a lot of late hours in Johnston Hall and worked in East Hall, and never once heard these rumors.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 03:32:09 PM »
I heard the rumors about Johnston.   I, too, spent a lot of early and late hours and never encountered anything.   I hears stories about Carpenter Tower, as well as Gesu.   I wonder if Lazar ever saw anything.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:34:07 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 03:50:48 PM »
I dunno, back in the day some of the broads livin' in Cobeen, Tower, and O'D were pretty dead.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 04:06:12 PM »
I dunno, back in the day some of the broads livin' in Cobeen, Tower, and O'D were pretty dead.

Were there ever girls in O'Donnell?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »
Are they sure the ghost sighting weren't self-induced?  It is a college campus and kids do things after all....................
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:31:04 AM by MU Fan in Connecticut »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 04:07:50 PM »

It was an all girls dorm during my tenure from 1987 to 1991.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 04:14:58 PM »
Hopefully we get a episode on the show School Spirits. On the Syfy Channel. That would make it official.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 05:14:37 PM »
OD was an all-girls dorm from the beginning. I had a few aunts who lived there. I think it switched over to all-boys when McCormick went co-ed...1990s I believe?

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 10:37:17 PM »
OD was an all-girls dorm from the beginning. I had a few aunts who lived there. I think it switched over to all-boys when McCormick went co-ed...1990s I believe?

Yup.

O'D was all girls. Don't recall when they shifted over...

Think about it boys...remember the restrooms? Nary a urinal in the whole place: just toilets with their doors removed.

Don't know if it's been renovated....
SS Marquette

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 12:50:35 AM »

92-93 it was all male.

I remember hearing stories about people hearing a kid swimming in the pool at East Hall and supposedly the people working the front desk at Humphrey would see kids walking with IVs on the security monitors.  I saw nothing myself.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 04:51:52 AM »
Did that happen?

Yes it did. I knew the guy. Wally Spence was on the Wrestling team. Good guy from CT. He was struggling with grades and under a lot of pressure from his father. I lived on 8 directly below Wally's room on 12. I knew the guys in the room who said he was sitting on the window ledge with the window open and hitting the screen with his elbows. He ended up going out backwards. There was a group in our room drinking beer and we heard him screaming on the way down. It was bar time on a Sunday night but we knew the scream was too loud to be guys whooping it up. Fr Majka was on our floor so we got him and he went down and administered Last Rites there on McCormick's back lawn across the street from the Ardmore building and the Circle Inn.

Spence's advisor was Fr Landwermeyer who left Marquette pretty quickly after that incident. Spence's old man was a lawyer and sued MU. For those who knew Landwermeyer there were all sorts of stories popping up after Spence's suicide but who knows what was true.   

Death on call

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 07:47:05 AM »
Wow, no mention of the Mashuda 4th floor mirror, the art critic in Cobeen, or "Crispy" over in Carpenter. We should had number 1 for sure!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 09:56:55 AM »
I was the student manager of the Varsity Theater for 3 years and I never wanted to be in there alone. (Which I had to do a bunch to change the marquee). This has nothing to do with a haunting, but it was pretty odd:  If you went to the room that led up to the projection booth, there was a hole drilled through the wall to the outside (what was prob a foot of concrete) and if you looked through it all you saw was the door of the Jesuit residence across the way.   I always wondered how and why that got there.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 10:20:37 AM »
Yes it did. I knew the guy. Wally Spence was on the Wrestling team. Good guy from CT. He was struggling with grades and under a lot of pressure from his father. I lived on 8 directly below Wally's room on 12. I knew the guys in the room who said he was sitting on the window ledge with the window open and hitting the screen with his elbows. He ended up going out backwards. There was a group in our room drinking beer and we heard him screaming on the way down. It was bar time on a Sunday night but we knew the scream was too loud to be guys whooping it up. Fr Majka was on our floor so we got him and he went down and administered Last Rites there on McCormick's back lawn across the street from the Ardmore building and the Circle Inn.

Spence's advisor was Fr Landwermeyer who left Marquette pretty quickly after that incident. Spence's old man was a lawyer and sued MU. For those who knew Landwermeyer there were all sorts of stories popping up after Spence's suicide but who knows what was true.  

I always wondered about those windows. They are so low and the rooms are so small, and the screens were of such low quality that guys would routinely punch them out and throw down their empty beer cans. I always worried about tumbling out when I was drunk.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 10:21:24 AM »
Insert joke comin' from F*ckin' here.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 11:17:02 AM »

Hell yeah.  When I was there, all girls dorm.  The "hot" gals were in O'Donnell and the others were in Cobeen.  It was like MU requested a picture with the application to decide what dorm to put you in.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 11:20:09 AM »
I was the student manager of the Varsity Theater for 3 years and I never wanted to be in there alone. (Which I had to do a bunch to change the marquee). This has nothing to do with a haunting, but it was pretty odd:  If you went to the room that led up to the projection booth, there was a hole drilled through the wall to the outside (what was prob a foot of concrete) and if you looked through it all you saw was the door of the Jesuit residence across the way.   I always wondered how and why that got there.

I was a manager at Brooks, then AMU and also worked Varsity.  The only thing I hated about Varsity was the nights we played the Wall or Rocky Horror Picture Show....the amount of puke that had to be cleaned up was not pleasant.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 09:38:35 PM »
Hell yeah.  When I was there, all girls dorm.  The "hot" gals were in O'Donnell and the others were in Cobeen.  It was like MU requested a picture with the application to decide what dorm to put you in.

Wasn't Cobeen called the virgin vault?

Billy Hays of Midnight Express fame broke his leg trying to climb into an OD window back in the day?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 09:53:18 PM »
Yes on the vault. Also housed a lotta TMSUB*

*=typical Marquette stuck up bitch
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback