[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: LaRusa DUI  (Read 7256 times)

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
LaRusa DUI
« on: March 22, 2007, 10:48:26 AM »
He was caught passed out behind the wheel.  Maybe Crean will stop mentioning him for awhile.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:09:42 AM by SoCalwarrior »

BigSky

• Starter
Re: LaRusa DUI
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 11:14:24 AM »

Two glasses of wine at dinner....after long days in the sun. 

Not like he was wasted weaving all over a road or driving at high speeds. 

I'm sure nobody here has had two beers or two glasses of wine at dinner and drove home later. 

It's only a story for LaRussa haters....and judging fom your strange post, you are one of them for some reason. 

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 11:27:01 AM »
Yep.  I'm a hat'a playa.

I've read books on the guy and think he's a very smart coach.  A bit odd though.  And being a Giants fan, yes, I don't like La Rusa. 

You don't need to make excuses for the guy.  He was legally drunk.  Found at a stop light, his car in drive, foot on the brake.  Still want to justify that? 

Anyway, I just thought it was relevant because he is used as an example of leadership for our basketball team.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:30:50 AM by SoCalwarrior »

BigSky

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 11:32:05 AM »
And he will likely be used as an example of leadership in the future. 

The difference between me and you is objectivity.  I apparently have it and you don't. 

Not liking a public figure is one thing, but misleading people....which is exactly what you did is another. 

No, I don't need to make excuses for the guy because it is a non-story.  You, I noticed didn't provide the full information.  People can form their own opinions and conclusions and that is great, but they should at  the very least have as much information as possible to form an opinion. 

After reading your follow up reply, your original post in this thread makes more sense, ...it's still a pathetic post and thread, but the agenda makes more sense.   

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 11:37:08 AM »
Misleading how?

One.  It is a national story.  Go check every paper in the country.

Two.  He was legally drunk.  He was charged with a DUI.  Talk about the sun all you want, but that doesn't change that he was drunk.

Three.  He wasn't in his driveway or in a parking lot.  He was at a stop light.  His car was in drive.  He was asleep at the wheel.  Luckily, he no one was hurt.

But, I guess I'm not objective because I can't see how that's okay.

BigSky

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 11:43:44 AM »
It's a national story...lol. 

People don't even have the facts as to what happened.  You, on the other hand, have an agenda.  Some over the counter medicines can put you over the legal limit more than he was. 

Instead of getting all of the information, or waiting for all of the information, you run wild with you agenda.  You left out quite a bit of information that is already out there, let alone information we don't already yet know.

Yep that is not misleading at all. ::)

ilovefreeway

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 12:55:52 PM »

I'm sure nobody here has had two beers or two glasses of wine at dinner and drove home later. 

It's only a story for LaRussa haters....and judging fom your strange post, you are one of them for some reason. 

I'm considered somewhat of a DUI expert, and two drinks with a meal will not get you anywhere near a .09 bac.  Never, no way, no how.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 07:18:32 PM »
should have posted this earlier... but its my brothers friends shirt shop, he does a lot of baseball shirts, as well as others, I have the "I beer Milwaukee" and the Cubs "End the Curse, Fold the Franchise" shirts, however this one fits this topic

http://www.insomniacink.com/shirtDUI.htm

also was going to ask him to make MU shirts, sure he would
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 09:48:55 PM »

I'm considered somewhat of a DUI expert, and two drinks with a meal will not get you anywhere near a .09 bac.  Never, no way, no how.

Personally or professionally????   :-*

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 10:11:53 PM »
Anybody catch TLR's "I'll take a fungo bat to the next media who tries to bring up the subject of DUI"

Classy...maybe if TLR would have called a cab, Josh Hancock would have accepted Pat Shannon's offer for a cab.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 07:17:27 AM »
I am thinking that any writer who dares mention his DUI now, after the tox reports have come back, will be asking for some serious pain.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

BigSky

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 05:47:33 PM »
Professional athletes are merely a reflection of society.  LaRussa reacted protective of his baseball family, as would most in the situation.  Seems understandable. 

Professional athletes do the same things everyday non-professional athletes do in the same percentages and numbers. 

How many people drink beers at Miller Park or elsewhere and drive home afterwards while also talking on their cell phones?....plenty, about 81 times a year.

People should look in the mirror before they cast their stones. 

« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 06:12:23 PM by BigSky »

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 07:20:17 AM »
the whole do as I say not as I do thing didn't work at all here. I wonder if he decided to own up to his mistake to somehow start righting the Cardinals ship. And because that is one of the nicest things I could come up to comment on any issue LaRussa or Cards related, I still have to type Booooooo Cards!

_______

Long journey, Raj?  Just get back into cyber space from outer space?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:44:52 AM by rocky_warrior »
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 08:32:27 AM »
Anybody know where I can buy a designer mirror?  Or how about some Canadian perscription drugs, or a good internet dating service?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 01:19:03 PM »
Professional athletes are merely a reflection of society.  LaRussa reacted protective of his baseball family, as would most in the situation.  Seems understandable. 

Professional athletes do the same things everyday non-professional athletes do in the same percentages and numbers. 

How many people drink beers at Miller Park or elsewhere and drive home afterwards while also talking on their cell phones?....plenty, about 81 times a year.

People should look in the mirror before they cast their stones. 

WOW....Are you on his payroll!!
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 08:41:36 AM »

must have been really big glasses of wine

TheRock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 04:27:51 PM »

I'll be honest, I always pass out behind the wheel after two beers or two glasses of wine at dinner.
"It doesn't matter what your name is"

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 05:01:25 PM »
I usually PASS on the waitress

feedback