collapse

* Recent Posts

Home and Home with Maryland by PointWarrior
[Today at 10:09:08 AM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[Today at 04:10:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1130569 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #11250 on: September 03, 2021, 07:15:03 PM »
Amazing stat of the day:

Twice as many people died yesterday, September 2 than died last year on September 2 WHEN THERE WAS NO VACCINE!!

I have long been of the belief that Americans are the most willfully stupid people on Earth. Can anyone convince me otherwise? Evidence?

people who died are stupid??

the amount of ignorance and intolerance here is breath taking.  you feel the same about abortion?  the dude riding a motorcycle without a helmit?  smokers?  the girl wearing very little or provocative clothing getting raped?

the vaccine minimizes infection and subsequently death, but wtf man?
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #11251 on: September 03, 2021, 07:24:43 PM »
if you think/expect essentially 100% get the vaccine, you are being totally unrealistic. 

I have never said that.  But thanks for dishonestly shifting the goalposts once again.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11252 on: September 03, 2021, 07:30:10 PM »
 The cure was offered to everyone above the age of 12 for free.  Unvaccinated above 12 is now a conscious choice.   
So, yes, they have chosen willful stupidity.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11253 on: September 03, 2021, 07:35:28 PM »

the amount of ignorance and intolerance here is breath taking.  you feel the same about abortion?  the dude riding a motorcycle without a helmit?  smokers?  the girl wearing very little or provocative clothing getting raped?

One of these is not like the other...

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11254 on: September 03, 2021, 07:47:54 PM »
Amazing stat of the day:

Twice as many people died yesterday, September 2 than died last year on September 2 WHEN THERE WAS NO VACCINE!!

I have long been of the belief that Americans are the most willfully stupid people on Earth. Can anyone convince me otherwise? Evidence?

“I will not shut down the economy.  I will shut down the virus!!”  Amazing the lack of criticism going towards the Biden administration for not being able to better control a pandemic with 3 vaccines gifted to him.   

If 30% of the country isnt taking the carrot and still not doing the responsible thing when hit with a stick?!?!  Well time to bust out the hammer and start making things happen.  Right now he’s sitting ideally by while a couple 9/11s are happening every week!!!! 

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #11255 on: September 03, 2021, 08:04:37 PM »
Confused, you are now pro mask, pro vax mandates?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11256 on: September 03, 2021, 08:27:08 PM »
Confused, you are now pro mask, pro vax mandates?

It doesn’t matter what I think.  He obviously doesn’t have the guts to do either.

If he’s been told federal mandates wouldn’t hold up in court then go back to lockdowns.  If he thinks the economy can’t handle that then use a some of that 3.5 trillion he’s trying to get passed to give everyone $5,000 to get the poke.  I don’t give a sh*t what it is he needs to do, he promised he’d handle this better then orange bad man.  And so far he’s handled it worse as Jockey pointed out earlier. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #11257 on: September 03, 2021, 08:36:37 PM »
“I will not shut down the economy.  I will shut down the virus!!”  Amazing the lack of criticism going towards the Biden administration for not being able to better control a pandemic with 3 vaccines gifted to him.   

If 30% of the country isnt taking the carrot and still not doing the responsible thing when hit with a stick?!?!  Well time to bust out the hammer and start making things happen.  Right now he’s sitting ideally by while a couple 9/11s are happening every week!!!!

These people are fighting against people getting the vaccine or wearing masks - sometimes violently - but it’s Biden’s fault they are ignorant? Yeah, makes sense.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11258 on: September 03, 2021, 08:49:20 PM »
These people are fighting against people getting the vaccine or wearing masks - sometimes violently - but it’s Biden’s fault they are ignorant? Yeah, makes sense.

As the old man recently said, the buck stops with him.  His job is to figure out a way to get these people past their ignorance, that’s why he’s the President.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #11259 on: September 03, 2021, 09:11:56 PM »
Well, the average rate for measles/mumps/rubella vaccine for the 2018-2019 school year was 94.7% ... so I'd accept that.

Duke had a 98% vaccination rate and they still shut stuff down/got strict due to cases. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11260 on: September 03, 2021, 09:26:28 PM »

This is strange.

You're gonna be mad if he does nothing. And mad if he goes authoritarian.

So...?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11261 on: September 03, 2021, 09:30:46 PM »
This is strange.

You're gonna be mad if he does nothing. And mad if he goes authoritarian.

So...?

I am mad he’s doing nothing after promising everything.  There is a lot of room between nothing and full blown authoritarianism, let’s start with something to get the ball rolling, anything really.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #11262 on: September 03, 2021, 10:18:09 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/03/us/oscar-de-la-hoya-covid-spt-intl/index.html

Oscar de la Hoya, fully vaccinated, athlete in peak shape. Hospitalized with COVID.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11263 on: September 03, 2021, 10:50:02 PM »
Duke had a 98% vaccination rate and they still shut stuff down/got strict due to cases.

Ok.

roQQet suggested it was unrealistic to expect a huge percentage of Americans to get the vaccine. I pointed out how 95% of American kids get vaccinated.

And now you just pointed out that Duke got a nearly 100% vaccination rate … so thanks!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11264 on: September 03, 2021, 11:09:40 PM »

I have never said that.  But thanks for dishonestly shifting the goalposts once again.

just own it man, no big deal-

ok hair splitter-let's just say those with medical conditions are very few, which it is

then, "the rest" is essentially as close to everyone getting the vaccine (100%) as you can get, right?

dishonesty?  whatever...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11265 on: September 03, 2021, 11:17:59 PM »
Ok.

roQQet suggested it was unrealistic to expect a huge percentage of Americans to get the vaccine. I pointed out how 95% of American kids get vaccinated.

And now you just pointed out that Duke got a nearly 100% vaccination rate … so thanks!

ok retired "journalist" if you are going to use these models to project the rest of the american population being vaccinated, well retired explains a lot.  maybe tired is more like it. 

100% is everyone, eyn'a?  it ain't gonna happen even if they have free ice cream, a free bouncy on uncle joey's lap, or a hair sniff and pet his dog, ya ain't gonna see 100%

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #11266 on: September 03, 2021, 11:26:55 PM »
I am mad he’s doing nothing after promising everything.  There is a lot of room between nothing and full blown authoritarianism, let’s start with something to get the ball rolling, anything really.

I got my two vaccine shots expeditiously with a minimum of muss and fuss. After a year of nonsense I've seen reasonable leadership regarding the pandemic and trying to deal with the refusal of the Know Nothings to get vaccinated. Hell I'm even getting my mail on time. Thank you Mr. President.
I'd wouldn't mind seeing more mandates imposed to deal with the fools but I suspect if that happened guys like PaceArrow would be at the front of the line bitching about their rights. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11267 on: September 04, 2021, 06:43:50 AM »

HO.LI.unnatural carnal knowledge

Straight out of 1958's "she was asking for it"
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11268 on: September 04, 2021, 06:54:18 AM »
Amazing stat of the day:

I would describe it as willfully ignorant. I don't think Americans are any stupider than anywhere else on earth if you measure raw intelligence. In the last 30 years or so, however, there has been a massive effort to propagandize and radicalize a large section of the population for the perpetrators' gain financially and politically.

In short, stir up the marks for money and power. Technology tools have simply turbocharged their ability to do so.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11269 on: September 04, 2021, 07:44:15 AM »
ok retired "journalist" if you are going to use these models to project the rest of the american population being vaccinated, well retired explains a lot.  maybe tired is more like it. 

100% is everyone, eyn'a?  it ain't gonna happen even if they have free ice cream, a free bouncy on uncle joey's lap, or a hair sniff and pet his dog, ya ain't gonna see 100%

Ah. I was giving you credit for using "100%" as hyperbole, as a synonym for "the vast majority."

My bad. I promise that I will never again give you credit for being able to articulate something intelligently.

So you're right, there will never be a 100% vaccination rate for COVID-19. I don't know of a single Scooper who ever has expressed that expectation, nor a single scientist who has said that was necessary to rid us of this deadly, highly contagious virus that, 1 1/2 years later, still has not "gone away, like a miracle."

Again, I would happily settle for the same percentage of children who are vaccinated every year for MMR, hep-B, etc, so that they can live happy, healthy lives and so that we can keep the plague of those horrific diseases from hurting our society ever again.

I am grateful that we don't have tens of millions of parents shouting "FREEDOM!" and refusing to get their kids vaccinated, and grateful that we don't have misinformed fellow citizens defending their right to refuse to keep all of our kids happy and healthy.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11270 on: September 04, 2021, 10:52:59 AM »
Well, the average rate for measles/mumps/rubella vaccine for the 2018-2019 school year was 94.7% ... so I'd accept that.

And 65+ plus are near 100% for COVID in most states. Let's face it, this isn't a Trump v. Biden problem, or a Lib vs. Conservative or what Cable news channel you watch. This is a Millennial and Zoomer problem, despite what Hards wants to blame on the Boomers. These are the most educated, most affluent and most diverse age groups in human history. Go get the effin shot!

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-tracker

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11271 on: September 04, 2021, 11:52:28 AM »
And 65+ plus are near 100% for COVID in most states. Let's face it, this isn't a Trump v. Biden problem, or a Lib vs. Conservative or what Cable news channel you watch. This is a Millennial and Zoomer problem, despite what Hards wants to blame on the Boomers. These are the most educated, most affluent and most diverse age groups in human history. Go get the effin shot!

Now break down the millennial/zoomer category into subcategories. Then we can talk.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11272 on: September 04, 2021, 03:10:18 PM »

Overlay that map with % of votes for each Presidential candidate.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #11273 on: September 04, 2021, 05:13:28 PM »
Overlay that map with % of votes for each Presidential candidate.

Of course. Some here refuse to believe everything they see with their own eyes (Jan.6 was just a bunch of friendly tourists), and pretend it is not political.

"Last year, the republican Legislature went to court to end unlawful Covid-19 mandates issued by Governor Evers’ Department of Health Services," Mikalsen (a spokesman for Nass said in an email. "Senator Nass opposes unlawful Covid-19 mandates issued by any state agency regardless of if they are led by a Democrat appointee or a former Republican governor."

Later, Nass added he thought some of his colleagues had "gone soft" and would only oppose the mandates when they were "issued by the other party."

The very definition of political.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11274 on: September 05, 2021, 07:45:55 AM »
U.S. covid death toll hits 1,500 a day amid delta scourge

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/03/delta-deaths-us-fourth-wave/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F34958cb%2F613394579d2fda9bb7b16293%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F15%2F74%2F613394579d2fda9bb7b16293

Brian Pierce, the coroner in Baldwin County, Ala., thought he had seen the last of the coronavirus months ago as the area’s death count held steady at 318 for most of the spring and summer. But then in July and August, the fatalities began mounting and last week, things got so bad, the state rolled a trailer into his parking lot as a temporary morgue.

“I think most people were thinking, ‘We’re good,’ ” he said. “Life was almost back to normal. Now, I’m telling my kids again to please stay home.”

Nationally, covid-19 deaths have climbed steadily in recent weeks, hitting a seven-day average of about 1,500 a day Thursday, after falling to the low 200s in early July — the latest handiwork of a contagious variant that has exploited the return to everyday activities by tens of millions of Americans, many of them unvaccinated. The dead include two Texas teachers at a junior high, who died last week within days of each other; a 13-year-old middle schoolboy from Georgia; and a nurse, 37, in Southern California who left behind five children, including a newborn.

What is different about this fourth pandemic wave in the United States is that the growing rates of vaccination and natural immunity have broken the relationship between infections and deaths in many areas.

The daily count of new infections is rising in almost every part of the country, according to data tracked by The Washington Post. But only some places — mostly Southern states with lower vaccination rates — are seeing a parallel surge in deaths. The seven-day average of daily deaths is about a third of what it was in January, the pandemic’s most deadly month, but it is forecast to continue rising as high numbers of patients are hospitalized.

Florida daily deaths have averaged 325 over the past week, alongside almost 20,000 new daily infections on average. Despite resistance from local school boards, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has fought to enforce his ban on mask mandates and made good on a threat to withhold salaries from some of them this week even after a judge ruled the ban unconstitutional.

David Wesley Dowdy, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, said: “The driving factor in the current wave is human behavior — how people interact and how people respond to risk — and that is really very unpredictable."

Virtually every time that humans have underestimated the virus and let down their guard, deaths surged.

feedback