[Today at 12:54:39 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 08:47:10 PM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by Shooter McGavin
[May 13, 2024, 08:40:15 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MUDish in Marquette Magazine  (Read 2193 times)

GGGG

• All American
MUDish in Marquette Magazine
« on: July 18, 2015, 01:19:07 PM »
Page 35.

Way cool.  Hope all is well.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 04:59:46 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: MUDish in Marquette Magazine
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 08:33:02 AM »
Interesting comments posted:
-------------------
James Plimpton says:
JULY 18, 2015 AT 6:52 PM
This story was not posted on fan forums. It was posted on MU Scoop.
----------------
Sean Riley says:
JULY 18, 2015 AT 10:02 PM
The people at the MU basketball site MUScoop paid money into Bradley’s Team to help with his fight. There were MDs and lawyers and scientists from MUScoop who stepped up to help.

You should do an article on MUScoop. It is a great example of how MU grads take care of their own.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 01:48:12 PM »
Thanks for pointing it out Sultan, I hadn't see the magazine in the mail yet, and didn't know it was posted online.

I think I might have mentioned it previously, but a bit of background, in case James & Sean are on Scoop (which is my guess).

MU reached out to me in early April, they wanted the story to be on how Bradley and our family had met Henry and spent some time with him during the week of the McD AA game. As the interview was approaching its conclusion, I asked the writer to please include the last paragraph, and while paraphrased slightly in the article, it was of utmost importance to me to have all you guys/gals on here mentioned. I said Scoop by name, but the name didn't make it in for whatever reason.

That being said, I'm glad that last paragraph made it in, because through these last 9 months, my MU family has grown leaps and bounds thanks to you folks. Thoughts/PM's/Donations/Prayers, it's helped us great Bradley back on the road to recovery, and the story in the magazine, at it's heart, is really not about our family, but the MU family and it's incredible reach and support. Our family hopes that when one of you guys/gals might be in a similar situation, we can be there as much for you, as you were for us. As message boards go, I hope the article shows how positive of a reach this particular board has, and will continue to have.

Go Bears! (that's the only time all year I'll say it)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 02:00:12 PM »
nice

augoman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 02:54:20 PM »
Very nice Dish, glad Bradley is doing well.  Read the article this am and now this thread.  Heart-warming.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 07:01:16 PM »
Great article.  Hope Bradley is doing well. 

HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 08:39:50 PM »
Interesting comments posted:
-------------------
James Plimpton says:
JULY 18, 2015 AT 6:52 PM
This story was not posted on fan forums. It was posted on MU Scoop.
----------------
Sean Riley says:
JULY 18, 2015 AT 10:02 PM
The people at the MU basketball site MUScoop paid money into Bradley’s Team to help with his fight. There were MDs and lawyers and scientists from MUScoop who stepped up to help.

You should do an article on MUScoop. It is a great example of how MU grads take care of their own.

Hey, we're famous!

Go Dish, go Bradley, go MU fam.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 06:20:03 PM »
Prayer is a powerful thing. My dad was diagnosed with colon cancer at the age of 50 my junior year in 1968. Our prayers were answered. Surgery was a complete success as the tumor was completely encapsulated with no traces of metastisis. He died at the age of 92 cancer free. I'll keep praying, dish.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 07:38:59 PM »
Prayer is a powerful thing. My dad was diagnosed with colon cancer at the age of 50 my junior year in 1968. Our prayers were answered. Surgery was a complete success as the tumor was completely encapsulated with no traces of metastisis. He died at the age of 92 cancer free. I'll keep praying, dish.

wow-very similar story here-my dad was diagnosed in 1978(age 42), my freshman year at MU-upon my graduation, i was blessed to not only work with my dad until his retirement in 2000, but we also became best friends; he is healthy and living today.  God bless all of you who have not lost your faith as this is a wonderful reaffirmation. and God bless those of you with doubts.  even though i don't know you dish, please accept my prayers and never stop believing in all you do-people do notice
don't...don't don't don't don't

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 01:30:35 PM »
People who think Scoop is just about basketball aren't getting full value. Great example of how embracing a common heritage is so important. Nothing but the best to Bradley.

Death on call

feedback