Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ND UCONN  (Read 2800 times)

Sweenz

• Scholarship Player
ND UCONN
« on: January 05, 2008, 09:42:13 PM »
Notre Dame has blown a 21 point lead to UCONN with about five minutes left in the game. Now tied at 59. Both teams will be tough this year although both have weaknesses that MU can exploit.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: ND UCONN
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 09:59:52 PM »
looks like ND pulled it out.. from the bit I've watched I am thinking ND looked quite beatable.. nearly half of ND's points are by mcalarney.. his defender is always a step slow.. he won't have that success against us.  should be a good game though!
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:17:05 PM »
I was impressed with Notre dame in the first half. McNeary(?) had the offensive game of his life. I am not worried about him as much as I am worried Harangody who had a bad game. Both him and Kurz moved very well for big white guys. As far as the game, I thought Uconn beat themsleves.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 10:52:10 PM »
Harangody was severely neutralized by Thabeet.  He must have blocked his shot literally 8 times.  MU does not have somebody like that, so we will need all the fouls that Harangody will draw.  UConn was awful and if they would have executed on 40% of their possessions they would have won.

FrennA

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 12:14:15 AM »

Not too sound like an over sensitive b****, and not to just call one person out here (cause I've heard similar references by many posters), but what the F*** does being white have have anything to do with anything??????  They move pretty good for being big white guys?  I can understand the "big" part due to the amount of mass being moved around but "white"?  WTF?  I didn't think ones' race would effect such things like that.  Like I said, I don't mean to call out one person here but I'd appreciate it if we can drop that crap.  I apologize in advance to bilsu for responding to his post when I should have responded a long time ago when stuff like that was written by other posters.  Rant is over.........I'm going back to my Vodka sprites now.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 12:27:08 AM »
well, not that anyone was trying to be racist but it has been proven that the skeletal structure of black people allows them to move more athletically than white people.  It's science. But lets just leave it at that and try not to worry too much abt it

FrennA

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 12:34:07 AM »

Let me be clear, I'm not accusing anybody of being racist - that's a VERY STRONG word to say the least.  I'm was probably just being sensitive and was/still asking that it'd stop.  I'll take your advice, though and not worry too much about it.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 12:36:54 AM »
Mclarney lead the the charge for ND. Shrek was stuffed at least 6 times and started quick shotting everything. I can only hope that we end ND win streak on Feb. 9th. That would mean we beat them last and first at home. I went to the game last year and felt that there was a conspiracy to keep ND home victory streak alive. It will be harder this year since they had nothing to gloat over on the football front and crowd will be more involved. I can only imagine that 44(harangody)  has been exposed on offensive front by this game. He creates all his shots by body action and spacing will allow  athleticism to offset his overly physical play. I think we have all realized this week how athletic our conference really is! I watched some of the last 2 DePaul games and they are going to have a hard time finishing due to youth and free throw shooting. Brey felt his key to winning tonight was pushing the ball and I think we can definitely beat him on that front if it comes down to that. I'm not sure that I would say that Mclarney is slow. I would have thought UCONN defenders were lazy until I watched some plays on replay. The guy was on fire and can jump stop for seemingly easy shots and blow by screens. It's going to be a real interesting game for matchups next week. I think Hayward's improvement might be the most underestimated weapon of the WARRIORS this year. I reviewed the last 5 minutes of the badger game and Hayward,Burke and Matthews really shined. Hayward's inside out threat will outshine Novak shortly. The guy is a stud and doesn't do it with exteme athleticism. He is just sneaky quick.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 12:40:14 AM »

Let me be clear, I'm not accusing anybody of being racist - that's a VERY STRONG word to say the least.  I'm was probably just being sensitive and was/still asking that it'd stop.  I'll take your advice, though and not worry too much about it.

I have a feeling that the grammar police or drunken posting police will be responding shortly!

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 12:45:16 AM »
Allright, everybody just move along.  Nothing to see here.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 12:53:59 AM »
well, not that anyone was trying to be racist but it has been proven that the skeletal structure of black people allows them to move more athletically than white people.  It's science. But lets just leave it at that and try not to worry too much abt it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P9LmHXXWiJs

check out the grace as well!

but white boys can dance too!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nTt-LLkSdQI

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 12:58:00 AM »
Allright, everybody just move along.  Nothing to see here.

The DPP sound like the CIA.

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 01:08:54 AM »
I was trying to sound like Lenny Briscoe.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 06:51:08 AM »
I was trying to sound like Lenny Briscoe.

who says warrior fans from MO don't have a sense of humor  ;)

Unfortunately they must be willing to give up their three points in the prediction contest too?  :P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 07:02:56 AM by spiral97 »
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 10:16:04 AM »
I was thinking about that all night.