[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: For those who listen to Mke Talk Radio - Belling talking about MU  (Read 4258 times)

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
"Bench is spectacular" Said this is a top 5 team.

"Everyone on the bench could start for another D1 team."

Nice props from someone who has given us some deserved ribbing regarding the lame nickname issue.
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

mutpm

• Scholarship Player
Re: For those who listen to Mke Talk Radio - Belling talking about MU
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 09:24:20 AM »
It's nice to get props from him even though he thinks Cubillian first name is Jose and that the ND game starts at Noon. 

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 11:47:33 AM »
who is Belling and why do we care about his opinion?  Sounds like a tool

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 01:11:32 PM »
He IS a tool.  He's some Milwaukee radio hump.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 03:43:21 PM »
Just be glad you were only listening to him.  I saw him on TV the other day....couldn't believe he looked scarier than he talks.  Never heard him say anything about Marquette basketball before....I can't believe he knows anything about sports, but I do believe he thinks he knows!

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 04:14:08 PM »
Belling is a Mke Conservative Talk show host who frequently subs for Rush Limbaugh.

He will from time to time, rip MU for the nickname thing, and any other thing MU administration does.

He has also ripped on Homer, voice of MU, especially after MU left WISN-1130 for the ESPN 1510 network.

And yes, he was blessed with the "good looks" for Radio.

Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 04:31:02 PM »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 04:34:12 PM »
Yes, those who typically disagree with his positions consider him a hump, tool, etc. Of course he is a highly succesful hump, tool, etc. who often subs for the most listened to radio program (I assume) ever, has had a program that is the highest rated in Milwaukee for what's gotta be better than 20 years.

BTW, most everything for which he has ripped on MU has been well deserved. Just as the recent praise is well deserved.

he has never claimed to be some sort of expert on sports, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have or express opinions (That's kind of the point of his show). Again, for some reason those who typically disagree with him seem to think he is not entitled to those opinions. If only he was an expert like most of those guys on ESPN, Bill Michaels, etc., his opinions would be valid.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 04:35:46 PM by NavinRJohnson »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 04:38:22 PM »
BTW, he's right, MU is a Top 5-ish team. I made a determination just about the time I took my seat at the Providence game that we were going to win the Big East. They certainly reinforced that opinion with that game.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 05:31:23 PM »
BTW

One game at a time...

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 05:53:22 PM »
Yes, those who typically disagree with his positions consider him a hump, tool, etc. Of course he is a highly succesful hump, tool, etc. who often subs for the most listened to radio program (I assume) ever, has had a program that is the highest rated in Milwaukee for what's gotta be better than 20 years.

With the market demographics of Milwaukee anyone can be successful when they whip out "wetback" sentiment. When you know your audience the nuts aren't so hard to crack.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 08:44:36 PM »
BTW

One game at a time...
Hoh Boy...Here we go again. Never fails...someone says they see big thing for MU, and someone else supposes to tell them they need to take it one game at a time.

Please do not tell me or anyone else on this board that we need to take it one game at a time. If you want to take it one game at a time, that's fine. But whether you take it one game at a time, or I take it a season at at time, or assume that we are not going to lose another game all year, has ABSOLUTELY NO IMPACT on the outcome of the next game, or the game after that, or ten games after that. Should the players and coaches take it one game at a time? Yes, absolutely they should. News Flash: You are not a player or coach. You are not on the team (At least I assume you are not). Neither am I. Nor are the rest ofthe folks who hang around this place.

Sorry, to kind of take this out on you, but it is a major pet peeve, and it happens far too often. Fans taking it one game at a time just makes no sense. Not taking it one game at a time is pretty much what being a fan is all about.

MARQUETTE IS GOING TO WIN THE BIG EAST. MARQUETTE IS GOING TO BE A TOP 5-ish TEAM. The people reading this are not going to impact that by taking it one game at a time, or failing to take it one game at a time.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 09:16:40 PM »
BTW

One game at a time...
Hoh Boy...Here we go again. Never fails...someone says they see big thing for MU, and someone else supposes to tell them they need to take it one game at a time.

Please do not tell me or anyone else on this board that we need to take it one game at a time. If you want to take it one game at a time, that's fine. But whether you take it one game at a time, or I take it a season at at time, or assume that we are not going to lose another game all year, has ABSOLUTELY NO IMPACT on the outcome of the next game, or the game after that, or ten games after that. Should the players and coaches take it one game at a time? Yes, absolutely they should. News Flash: You are not a player or coach. You are not on the team (At least I assume you are not). Neither am I. Nor are the rest ofthe folks who hang around this place.

Sorry, to kind of take this out on you, but it is a major pet peeve, and it happens far too often. Fans taking it one game at a time just makes no sense. Not taking it one game at a time is pretty much what being a fan is all about.

MARQUETTE IS GOING TO WIN THE BIG EAST. MARQUETTE IS GOING TO BE A TOP 5-ish TEAM. The people reading this are not going to impact that by taking it one game at a time, or failing to take it one game at a time.

I hear what you're saying, and you make a good point. We have a very talented team, and this could be a special year. So I'm on board hoping that Marquette is going to win the Big East, and Marquette is going to be a top 5-ish team.  But especially in the Big East, I'm not going to look down the schedule and start counting wins.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 10:16:13 PM »
Belling is a loud-mouthed entertainer fraud, much like most "talk radio" hosts. You don't drive up ratings with reason. You drive up ratings with controversy.

I will say, however, that he is good at what he does: stirring up the pot and creating controversy. I just don't see much honor in it. More importantly, I, to this day, can't seem to understand how well-educated folk can listen to his (or any other ratings grabbing talk show host's) garbage.

Oh well. To each their own.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 12:09:21 AM »
BTW

One game at a time...

I hear what you're saying, and you make a good point. We have a very talented team, and this could be a special year. So I'm on board hoping that Marquette is going to win the Big East, and Marquette is going to be a top 5-ish team.  But especially in the Big East, I'm not going to look down the schedule and start counting wins.

no one is telling you to start counting, or make any sort of prediction.  Naviv was just saying that you shouldn't tell other people not to start counting wins.  If they want to count wins, losses or anything like that feel free to disagree with them but don't tell them not to.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 09:16:44 AM »
I'm not necessarily counting wins either. No game is a gurantee, but when I do look at MU, the schedule, the opponents, etc., I believe at the end of the year, MU will have more wins than the competition - whether I take it a game at a time or not.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 09:48:45 AM »
You're right. Now that we've officially beaten this to death (accidentally). Can we agree that this is a big test this afternoon?

feedback