collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Breaking news.. Cutler to be replaced in Chicago  (Read 6514 times)

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Breaking news.. Cutler to be replaced in Chicago
« on: January 24, 2011, 07:44:03 PM »
New quarterback being announced shortly.

Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: Breaking news.. Cutler to be replaced in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 08:36:32 PM »
Is this post in teal or is there a photo that mobile users can't see? 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 08:56:47 PM »
At least we know he has a male member...

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 09:02:50 PM »

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 09:31:54 PM »
I thought by "Cutler" you meant a girl changed her tampon.

the word cutler is very interesting. It has the reverse of a silent letter (like in knife)... an invisible letter. You pronounce the N even though its not there.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 09:38:34 PM »

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 09:44:55 PM »
I'm no fan of Cutler, but I have a hard time understanding the crap he's taken. People hear the term "MCL sprain" and think it's no big deal. A sprain, by definition, is a tearing of a ligament. A "ruptured" ligament is nothing more than a "complete" sprain (i.e. tearing of all fibers within the ligament, such that the ligament is completely disrupted). I haven't seen a report on the severity of Cutler's injury, but the fact that the team's medical staff prohibited Cutler from returning to the game is a pretty good indication that this was not an insignificant injury. The fact that Cutler wasn't exactly sure when he got hurt is irrelevant; Morgan Burnett (Packers' safety, now on IR) ruptured his ACL in a game early this season and played on it for a few series before realizing anything was wrong.

So like I said, I can't say I like Jay Cutler. He's physically gifted; there's no arguing that point.  He often makes poor decisions or bad throws. He isn't the prototype of what you want in a "leader" of your football team. None of these things, however, lead me to question the guy's toughness. I'll take the QB, his teammates and the Bears' medical staff at their word.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 10:20:35 PM »
I'm no fan of Cutler, but I have a hard time understanding the crap he's taken. People hear the term "MCL sprain" and think it's no big deal. A sprain, by definition, is a tearing of a ligament. A "ruptured" ligament is nothing more than a "complete" sprain (i.e. tearing of all fibers within the ligament, such that the ligament is completely disrupted). I haven't seen a report on the severity of Cutler's injury, but the fact that the team's medical staff prohibited Cutler from returning to the game is a pretty good indication that this was not an insignificant injury. The fact that Cutler wasn't exactly sure when he got hurt is irrelevant; Morgan Burnett (Packers' safety, now on IR) ruptured his ACL in a game early this season and played on it for a few series before realizing anything was wrong.

So like I said, I can't say I like Jay Cutler. He's physically gifted; there's no arguing that point.  He often makes poor decisions or bad throws. He isn't the prototype of what you want in a "leader" of your football team. None of these things, however, lead me to question the guy's toughness. I'll take the QB, his teammates and the Bears' medical staff at their word.
[/quote

I agree with this entirely.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 10:21:38 PM »
The dangerous thing about a sprained MCL is that the medial collateral
ligament is attached to the medial meniscus, which is the articular
cartilage in the knee joint, which if damaged will lead to early
osteoarthritis and i suppose if he took another outside hit to his
left knee it could easily rupture. But he is an NFL player so he will
have plenty of arthritis anyway.  I suppose it would be a bit
difficult to plant his leg since the MCL provides support to prevent
the knee joint from buckling towards the midline. But it was his left
knee, and since he is right handed and all the critics complain that
he throws off his back leg too often, which would be his right leg....
I wonder why they didn't just put a brace on it.
Ludum habemus.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 10:42:14 PM »
I was pissed during the game, as the announcers just made it sound like he decided not to go back into the game.  After reading teammate testimonials and that he had a sprain I understood a lot better. 

Is Cutler a media darling? No. 
Am I glad he is "my" QB? Yes.

And as far as the crap players like MJD are saying... easy to talk crap from the couch.

I especially enjoyed MJD saying that he played all year on a bum knee.  He must have forgotten the last 2 weeks of the season when the Jaguars were fighting for a division title and he was in street clothes...  with a knee injury.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.

Josey Wales

• Starter
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 04:47:37 PM »
Ha, good one.

Do you honestly think he appears to be walking normal in that video?  He is doing the old guy "I have shrapnel still in my leg from 'Nam that I never got taken care of" drag limp.  Let it go.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 04:53:10 PM »
Let it go.

Hey buddy I didn't bring it up.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 04:55:24 PM »
Hey buddy I didn't bring it up.

To be fair, I wasn't directing that specifically at you.  I just quoted the last reply and then just addressed the issue as a whole.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »

Agreed.
I loathe Cutler. Most hated player in the league, by far. Few thins I enjoy more than seeing the Cutler pout after he throws yet another pick.
But the criticism here is entirely unfair. The guy had a legit injury and other players with comparable Grade II sprains have typically missed 2-6 weeks.
The real fault here lies in the Bears staff who a) didn't make the nature of his injury public immediately and b) let him stand on the sidelines looking like he didn't have a care in the world - much less an injury - for the rest of the game.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 05:01:03 PM »
Agreed.
I loathe Cutler. Most hated player in the league, by far. Few thins I enjoy more than seeing the Cutler pout after he throws yet another pick.
But the criticism here is entirely unfair. The guy had a legit injury and other players with comparable Grade II sprains have typically missed 2-6 weeks.
The real fault here lies in the Bears staff who a) didn't make the nature of his injury public immediately and b) let him stand on the sidelines looking like he didn't have a care in the world - much less an injury - for the rest of the game.

or c) that Lovie is one of the worst coaches in the league.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »

That must explain how a team predicted by most to finish about .500, if that, nearly earned a trip to the Super Bowl.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 05:08:12 PM »
That must explain how a team predicted by most to finish about .500, if that, nearly earned a trip to the Super Bowl.

Actually I want Angelo to go and Lovie is an extension of Angelo.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 05:25:27 PM »
http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/27/jay-cutler-kristin-cavallari-chicago-bears-los-angeles-the-grove-shopping-walking-quaterback-tough/

Anyone in Chicago want to stick up for the auntler?

Definitely not walking right in that video. Besides, the major problem with knee ligament injuries is not the pain (not after the initial pain, anyway), but the lack of stability in the joint. Chances are that Cutler's knee probably doesn't "hurt" that much 4 days after the injury so he can walk around on it just fine. Shopping with your girlfriend, however, is not quite the same as playing quarterback in the NFL, which requires quick feet attached to STABLE joints. Leave it to TMZ to conflate the two.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 07:05:58 PM »
Anybody who thinks Cutler couldn't have put a brace on his knee and gone back in is completely off their rocker. This knee sprain story is cover for a major investment. Of course he was hurt...I'm not sure anybody has ever said he wasn't. He also showed toughness all season long. Rodgers looked like he was hurt, too.

But on Sunday...Cutler could have gone back in and he should have gone back in. End of story. The Bears are going to need to get rid of him. Unfortunately, I don't think anybody will want him. I haven't seen a player this disliked since Ryan Leaf. At least Cutler is a little bit more productive although Leaf may be more likable.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 07:32:43 PM »

Definitely not walking right in that video. Besides, the major problem with knee ligament injuries is not the pain (not after the initial pain, anyway), but the lack of stability in the joint. Chances are that Cutler's knee probably doesn't "hurt" that much 4 days after the injury so he can walk around on it just fine. Shopping with your girlfriend, however, is not quite the same as playing quarterback in the NFL, which requires quick feet attached to STABLE joints. Leave it to TMZ to conflate the two.

This is exactly right.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 07:45:19 PM »
or that Urlacher is one of the most overrated hairy wet cats in the league. That a big hulking LB has a pick 6 going and lets a QB arm tackle him--he will never live that down. What a candy ass!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 08:31:46 PM »

Except for one little detail...  ;D

or that Urlacher is one of the most overrated hairy wet cats in the league. That a big hulking LB has a pick 6 going and lets a QB arm tackle him--he will never live that down. What a candy ass!

To be fair, Rodgers is a fast dude.  Even my jaw dropped when I saw him close from across the field that quickly.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

feedback