Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Official Transfer Thread  (Read 210060 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Official Transfer Thread
« Reply #375 on: April 08, 2015, 08:13:42 AM »
I am not sure Collins would do anything for Marquette.  Not much of a shooter and turns the ball over more than I would like. 

BTW, just notice the Paint Touches write up on Collins and I think it is a little too rosy.  "He has a fantastic handle and great court vision and would be Marquette’s starting PG from day 1."

Yeah I am not too sure about that assessment. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #376 on: April 08, 2015, 08:59:10 AM »
That should improve soon. This time of year is usually kind of dead if you aren't in the tourney. In the next couple weeks, you'll see transfers start to settle, late commitments roll in, and guys declare for the draft.

The Mache twins are gonna leave us for the NBA? Say it ain't so!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #377 on: April 08, 2015, 09:15:40 AM »
Part of me wonders if the staff is waiting for someone. Another guard seems like a big need, yet no interest reported on any of them. Maybe they're just targeting a rebounder first, but I'm a little surprised there's been no interest reported.

Are they at all worried that if they sign a grad transfer PG it will make Traci Carter anxious? Part of the stated reason for his verbal was the amount of playing time available and coming in with the PG job his to lose.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #378 on: April 08, 2015, 09:19:22 AM »
I'd be very surprised if there is any movement on a grad PG until after Traci signs.

Has anyone heard anything about Steve?  Chitown, have you talked to him lately?  Our son hasn't heard anything and has only talked to Steve in passing choosing not to bring up the subject.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #379 on: April 08, 2015, 09:19:55 AM »

Are they at all worried that if they sign a grad transfer PG it will make Traci Carter anxious? Part of the stated reason for his verbal was the amount of playing time available and coming in with the PG job his to lose.

+1
My thought exactly.  I'm wondering if MU is waiting until the high schoolers sign.... Plus the transfers are probably waiting to see what upcoming rosters look like.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:41:45 PM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #380 on: April 08, 2015, 09:28:03 AM »
+1
My thought exactly.  I'm wondering if MU is waiting until the high schoolers sign...
Waiting until Carter signs to bring in another point would just increase my dislike of Wojo.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #381 on: April 08, 2015, 09:32:38 AM »
Waiting until Carter signs to bring in another point would just increase my dislike of Wojo.

The spring signing day is a week from today.  It is highly doubtful that any transfer will commit to MU before then so by default you are likely going to have your dislike increased. 

But you would be assuming that he is tricking Carter somehow and that no communication is going on behind the scenes.  I don't think that would be a wise assumption on your part.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #382 on: April 08, 2015, 09:35:39 AM »
They're looking at Carter as a potential 4 year starter. In the grad transfer market, they would rather have a combo guard that can shoot it than a pure PG.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #383 on: April 08, 2015, 09:43:29 AM »

BTW, just notice the Paint Touches write up on Collins and I think it is a little too rosy.  "He has a fantastic handle and great court vision and would be Marquette’s starting PG from day 1."

Yeah I am not too sure about that assessment. 

Collins is a great distributor. He's one of the best in the country at finding the open shooter. He's also loose with the handle and not at all assertive when it comes to getting his own points. On a team with Duane, Luke, Henry, and a grad transfer scorer, that may not be a bad thing, but there are definitely knocks to his game.

If we're going to have someone who is more of a game manager, I'd like someone who is willing to take (and make) the open three and is a great free throw shooter so you feel confident putting the ball in their hands at the end of the game.

TAMU mentioned Mitola, I also like Jordan Daniels from Drake. He has major connections to our coaching staff but struggled this past year when the new coach gave his role to the new freshman recruit. Neither would necessarily be flashy stat-sheet fillers, but both are guys that can be that solid role-player on a team that will hopefully have multiple offensive options.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #384 on: April 08, 2015, 10:13:25 AM »
Well Sultan, you won't have to worry about Collins not living up to your expectations

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  1h1 hour ago
South Florida transfer Anthony Collins has cut his list to Georgetown, Tennessee, and Baylor, source told @CBSSports. Immediately eligible.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #385 on: April 08, 2015, 10:36:13 AM »
Well Sultan, you won't have to worry about Collins not living up to your expectations

South Florida transfer Anthony Collins has cut his list to Georgetown, Tennessee, and Baylor, source told @CBSSports. Immediately eligible.

That is quite a disparate threesome in terms of coaching, style of play, and culture.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #386 on: April 08, 2015, 10:49:40 AM »

Well I hope he doesn't if he goes to Georgetown!

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #387 on: April 08, 2015, 11:04:58 AM »
Shonn Miller will visit UConn on April 17th, per Jon Rothstein.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #388 on: April 08, 2015, 11:20:59 AM »
That is quite a disparate threesome in terms of coaching, style of play, and culture.
Obviously Mr. Collins has embraced diversity, something we all must do--or else!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #389 on: April 08, 2015, 01:41:42 PM »
Obviously Mr. Collins has embraced diversity, something we all must do--or else!

What are you saying here? Are you saying you are against diversity? We should only embrace those who are not diverse?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #390 on: April 08, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »
I'd be very surprised if there is any movement on a grad PG until after Traci signs.

Has anyone heard anything about Steve?  Chitown, have you talked to him lately?  Our son hasn't heard anything and has only talked to Steve in passing choosing not to bring up the subject.

All quiet on the western front. To be honest hes kinda disappeared. Havent seen him at all which is unusual considering how often he takes LIMO's. To be honest, I havent seen any of the team recently. I know the players staying are in the AL at ton working out with Todd Smith but theyve all gone MIA recently.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #391 on: April 08, 2015, 02:33:23 PM »

The spring signing day is a week from today.  It is highly doubtful that any transfer will commit to MU before then so by default you are likely going to have your dislike increased. 

But you would be assuming that he is tricking Carter somehow and that no communication is going on behind the scenes.  I don't think that would be a wise assumption on your part.
I was not assuming. I responding to posters who indicating that might happen.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #392 on: April 10, 2015, 01:54:34 PM »
So quiet period is over, right? When do we start to hear things fall into place?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Pakuni

• All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #394 on: April 11, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #395 on: April 11, 2015, 04:31:28 PM »

So you already dislike Wojo?
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #396 on: April 11, 2015, 11:17:17 PM »
Definitely worth a look if he can play immediately.

Likely to stay in the South to Kennesaw State, though Bo may be looking at him at Madison......

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #397 on: April 12, 2015, 12:31:17 AM »
Likely to stay in the South to Kennesaw State, though Bo may be looking at him at Madison......

I'm sure it won't happen, but little would make me happier than Bo signing a grad transfer. The ensuing hilarity would be delicious.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #398 on: April 12, 2015, 02:51:46 PM »
So I compltely missed this and since its not posted here maybe others did too?

Williams-Goss is transfering from Washington.

Prov and Gtown are the BE teams in on him. This guy can play.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #399 on: April 14, 2015, 02:11:19 PM »
DeAndre Burnett, redshirt Freshman transfer from Miami (FL) listed MU as one of the schools he is considering.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

feedback