collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Twitter 3.0  (Read 32898 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Twitter 3.0
« Reply #225 on: November 11, 2022, 06:15:06 AM »
For the legal folks. Does Twitter open itself up to legal liability in any of this. Twitter is "authenticating" these users as the legitimate people/companies that are unknown with the blue checkmark.

But they didn't do their due diligence, negligently authenticated them, and those entities then ridiculed/embarassed the well known figures/companies.

I doubt it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #226 on: November 11, 2022, 06:21:53 AM »
I doubt it.

I just hope no one impersonates Devin Nunes cow
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #227 on: November 11, 2022, 06:28:18 AM »
https://twitter.com/littlebear36_/status/1590831728393953281

1. The last 48 hours on Twitter have been amazing.

2. This is exactly why advertisers are running away.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #228 on: November 11, 2022, 06:45:37 AM »
From Seeking Alpha:

Elon Musk didn't rule out the possibility of bankruptcy at an emergency all-hands meeting on Thursday. "The economic picture ahead is dire," he told Twitter staffers, adding that the company had "net negative cash flow of several billion dollars" (though he didn't specify over which time frame). Musk also clarified that his recent sales of Tesla stock, worth nearly $4B, were done in order to "save" Twitter.

I guess that kind of thing doesn't fall under rules about his fiduciary responsibility toward TSLA shareholders.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #229 on: November 11, 2022, 07:00:55 AM »
Goldman Sachs will own this by January.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2022, 07:52:55 AM »
https://twitter.com/donie/status/1590758268560777216?s=46&t=viwARgOCgQIdXqUS4xAyHQ

Twitter has verified Jesus Christ.

If they delete him, he will just come back three days later.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2022, 08:39:06 AM »
The Twitter blue check for $8 has been cancelled

https://www.reuters.com/technology/musk-says-his-companies-will-remain-well-positioned-2023-2022-11-11/

Customers will be doing chargebacks due to undelivered products or services. I suppose today is the day that Elon learns what payment processors do to you when your business receive a lot of chargebacks.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #232 on: November 11, 2022, 08:42:45 AM »
Seeing how quickly one can go from visionary to laughingstock.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #233 on: November 11, 2022, 09:17:45 AM »

https://www.reuters.com/technology/musk-says-his-companies-will-remain-well-positioned-2023-2022-11-11/

Customers will be doing chargebacks due to undelivered products or services. I suppose today is the day that Elon learns what payment processors do to you when your business receive a lot of chargebacks.

What an interesting exercise in capitalism. Usually when a company makes a change that customers don't like, they vote with the dollar and stop using the company's product.

In this case, they bought the companies product and abused it until they had to change it back. *Chefs kiss* No notes!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #234 on: November 11, 2022, 09:25:48 AM »
Seeing how quickly one can go from visionary to laughingstock.

The man claims he is founder of two companies he didn't start. He has an ego unmatched by many. He had no business trying to lead a social media company.

Sadly, this should have been expected as his ego would get in the way of how to run social media, which is decidedly not a Tech company, and requires nuanced understanding of people, not things.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #235 on: November 11, 2022, 09:33:26 AM »

Absolutely fit for clown shoes.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #236 on: November 11, 2022, 10:08:06 AM »
The man claims he is founder of two companies he didn't start. He has an ego unmatched by many. He had no business trying to lead a social media company.

Sadly, this should have been expected as his ego would get in the way of how to run social media, which is decidedly not a Tech company, and requires nuanced understanding of people, not things.

TSLA was 6 months old with no products and no sales and 3 employees when Musk invested and basically took over.  There is a reason Musk, and Straubel who joined after him, are called co-founders with the others.  There wasn't a company without them, even if they didn't file the incorporation papers.

There are plenty of valid reasons to dislike and criticize Musk, but zeroing in on minutiae like that or claiming he's not that smart are the most silly axe to grind sort of things his ardent opponents do.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #237 on: November 11, 2022, 10:17:17 AM »
Too soon?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #238 on: November 11, 2022, 10:18:08 AM »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #239 on: November 11, 2022, 10:38:49 AM »
Interesting conversations between Musk fanboys and Musk haters.

But I think two things are true.
1. Musk has made the world a better place.
2. Musk has made the world a worse place.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #240 on: November 11, 2022, 11:37:18 AM »
Interesting conversations between Musk fanboys and Musk haters.

But I think two things are true.
1. Musk has made the world a better place.
2. Musk has made the world a worse place.

I absolutely agree.  Its an interesting duality in someone notable/powerful/etc... that people seem to struggle grasping.

1. Musk is an incredibly successful and innovative businessman
2. Musk has been immeasurably bad at executing a short term "quick fix" for Twitter

1. Musk is very intelligent and thoughtful
2. Musk, like all humans even very very smart ones, does incredibly dumb things (his are just front and center and amplified by hubris)

Hell, you could do the same with TSLA the car company.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #241 on: November 11, 2022, 12:06:39 PM »
TSLA was 6 months old with no products and no sales and 3 employees when Musk invested and basically took over.  There is a reason Musk, and Straubel who joined after him, are called co-founders with the others.  There wasn't a company without them, even if they didn't file the incorporation papers.

There are plenty of valid reasons to dislike and criticize Musk, but zeroing in on minutiae like that or claiming he's not that smart are the most silly axe to grind sort of things his ardent opponents do.

Agreed.

As a TSLA shareholder, I'm not thrilled that he spent tens of billions of dollars on a failing company out of spite and hubris. He didn't even want the damn company, and now he's got both a financial albatross and a political clown-show on his hands.

But what he's done with TSLA has mostly been remarkable (which is why I've been an investor for years), and in many ways he has been a visionary.

Still, he's a rich, famous egomaniac who wants to be worshiped and who doesn't like being told "no." So he'll naturally be hated by millions, too.

A real interesting guy. It would be great if somebody with true insight into him wrote a book or made a biopic.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2022, 12:41:24 PM »
Agreed.

As a TSLA shareholder, I'm not thrilled that he spent tens of billions of dollars on a failing company out of spite and hubris. He didn't even want the damn company, and now he's got both a financial albatross and a political clown-show on his hands.

But what he's done with TSLA has mostly been remarkable (which is why I've been an investor for years), and in many ways he has been a visionary.

Still, he's a rich, famous egomaniac who wants to be worshiped and who doesn't like being told "no." So he'll naturally be hated by millions, too.

A real interesting guy. It would be great if somebody with true insight into him wrote a book or made a biopic.

44 billion dollar lessons are hilarious.

jesmu84

• All American

Jockey

• All American

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #245 on: November 11, 2022, 04:51:51 PM »
free speech is great!!

It is pretty gross how expensive insulin is. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #246 on: November 11, 2022, 06:08:53 PM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2022, 06:22:10 PM »

My comment was directly focused on his ego and how it negatively affects his abilities, particularly in relation to trying to run a social media company.

It is a fact that he neither founded Tesla, or PayPal, but claims both. He actually filed a lawsuit to be allowed to claim being a founder of Tesla. That highlights his ego knows no bounds, as no-one discredits his role in building Tesla, yet his ego could not be satisfied unless he gets to be a "founder".

That ego is biting him in the ass right now.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2022, 03:44:59 PM »
Lockheed Martin too!
https://twitter.com/litcapital/status/1591172069965713409?s=20&t=OMUOzvLN-QR4-SdStU9Bxw

Takes someone pretty special to lose billions in multiple companies in a day, including two he didn't own!

Ehh, the only company actually losing billions is Twitter.  The others lost billions in Market Cap for a few days.  Its not some tangible loss on their books that will endure or cost anyone anything.  Just algo moves by automated programs who scrape news and social media for keywords.

Its hilariously bad for Twitter and will only further implode credibility to Musk's plans in the near term, but Eli Lily or Lockhead aren't actually going to be harmed even 2 weeks from now.

My comment was directly focused on his ego and how it negatively affects his abilities, particularly in relation to trying to run a social media company.

It is a fact that he neither founded Tesla, or PayPal, but claims both. He actually filed a lawsuit to be allowed to claim being a founder of Tesla. That highlights his ego knows no bounds, as no-one discredits his role in building Tesla, yet his ego could not be satisfied unless he gets to be a "founder".

That ego is biting him in the ass right now.

Yea thats not even remotely true.  For PayPal as well.  Its quieted recently but there were plenty of people who claimed he stole technology and ideas for Tesla and he was a fraud.   That he was just lucky and rode coattails at PayPal.  There is a whole segment of the finance/Wall St industry who bet against him and Tesla/Solar City as a result.

Hes hardly unique in the fixation on being a "founder" in Silicon Valley.  People have an obsession with it and the cache that comes with it.  Both actual founders and those who shade non-founders. Even if its just as impressive to take a small company over and make it monstrous.  Especially for guys like Musk who identify as creators and builders.

I don't disagree he has an ego the size of TSLA's market cap.  And its only gotten larger the last 5 years.  I just don't think thats a great indicator of it.  His actions within Twitter are another story all together.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2022, 05:12:34 PM »
When life gives you a dumpster fire, roast marshmallows.

Who brought the marshmallows?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback