collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Doc and D Jordan situation  (Read 4404 times)

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Doc and D Jordan situation
« on: July 08, 2015, 09:21:25 PM »
Clippers and Jordan are gonna look really bad after all of this. Mavericks agreed to terms with Jordan and then signed Matthews based on DAs commitment. Clippers led by doc, cp and griffin are locked in Jordan's house until he officially backs out and signs with the Clips. Looks really shady breaking some unwritten rules of free agency.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Doc and D Jordan situation
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 05:08:37 AM »
This is a professional league and it's free agency.  Until a contract is signed, all is fair in love and war.

Why aren't the Mavericks doing the same?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:08:08 AM by Heisenberg »

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 06:24:26 AM »
This is a professional league and it's free agency.  Until a contract is signed, all is fair in love and war.

Why are the Mavericks doing the same?

because they are the team that reached an agreement with him? lol

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 07:03:09 AM »
Actually, Jordan's agent is the big loser. Has lost all credibility, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 07:08:28 AM »
because they are the team that reached an agreement with him? lol

Doesn't matter until he signs it.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 07:09:23 AM »
BTW, are we going to make Mark Cuban a victim?

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 07:45:50 AM »
Actually, Jordan's agent is the big loser. Has lost all credibility, ai na?

Depends what really happened. Sounds like Jordan went rogue and the agent wasn't part of this. Then again he can't control his client is a problem

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 07:54:05 AM »
Depends what really happened. Sounds like Jordan went rogue and the agent wasn't part of this. Then again he can't control his client is a problem

From what I read Jordan had a change of heart and reached out to Doc.  Seems okay to me if that's the way it went down.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 08:21:57 AM »
Purportedly, Fegan, DJ's agent is close buddies with Cuban, and Jordan froze Fegan out of the clippers remeet here in Houston.

It was Fegan who announced the Mavericks decision...not Jordan(Jordan never said publicly, that HE chose the Mavs) so...who knows if Jordan was ever totally on board...or whether his agent (who is also Chandler Parsons agent) were pushing the Mavs choice.

Your agent is solely to represent your interests...its not cool to buddy up to, or to favor an owner/friend...if thats what Fegan did.

Due disclosure ...as a Rockets fan I enjoy the shattenfruend (sp?) of the Mavs pain.

Mavs historically,since Dirk,  haven't drafted well (best recent pick was Crowder-- who they traded), and their history is almost exclusively building through trades and Free agents...and they have struck out on almost all the key target FAs . Look at whats left on their roster...they had this coming to them.Recall, it was Cuban's choice to not re-sign his champ team, and he has been juggling, risk taking (Rondo) ever since to try to get another before 38 yr old Dirk retires.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 08:24:03 AM »
Dumb ass was gonna leave tens of millions on the table. Shoulda never considered any team utter than the Clips, anyways, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 08:31:16 AM »
Yeah I don't think the Clippers look bad here.  At all.  They are doing what they can to make their team better.  According to the NBA rules, free agents aren't supposed to come to verbal agreements anyway.  Jordan looks a little bad - a guy who can't make his own decision.  But oh well.

BTW, Blake Griffin's tweets about this were why Twitter was invented.  Kept me chuckling all night.

https://twitter.com/blakegriffin32/status/618960135050825729

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 09:35:00 AM »
Yeah I don't think the Clippers look bad here.  At all.  They are doing what they can to make their team better.  According to the NBA rules, free agents aren't supposed to come to verbal agreements anyway.  Jordan looks a little bad - a guy who can't make his own decision.  But oh well.

I don't think the Clippers look bad per se, but a bit paranoid.  And I really like Jordan, but he's coming off really immature.  The whole locking themselves in his house and Jordan refusing to answer his phone is a bit childish.  The re-recruiting is perfectly fine and I agree it makes sense for Jordan to return to LA, the execution of it all is a bit much.

Granted, much of this is because of the 24/7 media and Twitter world, but still.  If I'm Cuban, I'm incensed. Especially at Fegan.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 09:39:28 AM »
This is a professional league and it's free agency.  Until a contract is signed, all is fair in love and war.

Why aren't the Mavericks doing the same?

They weren't allowed. Jordan ghosted Cuban. He ghosted Parsons. He ghosted Wesley. The Clippers held Jordan's phone and didn't allow anyone associated with the Mavs or his agent to talk with him. Tough to wage a war when your weapons are nullified.

Good news for Wesley is that without ever playing a game, he's already become the new standard bearer of the Mavs organization with him honoring his verbal commitment to sign a contract.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 09:51:00 AM »
They weren't allowed. Jordan ghosted Cuban. He ghosted Parsons. He ghosted Wesley. The Clippers held Jordan's phone and didn't allow anyone associated with the Mavs or his agent to talk with him. Tough to wage a war when your weapons are nullified.

Good news for Wesley is that without ever playing a game, he's already become the new standard bearer of the Mavs organization with him honoring his verbal commitment to sign a contract.

Apparently, and I am not sure how accurate this is, but Cuban was texting everyone he knows trying to get Jordan's home address. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 10:16:08 AM »

Wes should be as PO'd as anyone. He turned down bigger money from Sacto because he didn't want to go to a losing, mess of a team. Now, he's in a position where he took less money to go to a different mess of a team that wants to lose. Cuban basically said that if they couldn't sign Jordan, they'd tank this season (they owe a top 7-protected pick to Boston). I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs allow Wes to look elsewhere.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 10:29:25 AM »
Unless he signed today, Wes doesn't need the Mavs to "allow" him to do anything.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 10:35:49 AM »
This article says Cuban gave Wes the option of opting out.  He didnt and both are excited about him joining the Mavs

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/13226201/dallas-mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-never-heard-deandre-jordan

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 10:36:20 AM »
Unless he signed today, Wes doesn't need the Mavs to "allow" him to do anything.

Unlike Jordan, Wes is a man of his word. He agreed to a deal with Dallas so he's going to sign with Dallas. You're right. Technically, the Mavs don't have to "allow" him to do anything but they could potentially encourage him (if they want to go full-blown tank) or could tell him that they wouldn't try to stop him from looking for an equal or better deal elsewhere.

It's a moot point anyway because reports are that he still plans to sign with Dallas today.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 10:38:10 AM »
This article says Cuban gave Wes the option of opting out.  He didnt and both are excited about him joining the Mavs

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/13226201/dallas-mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-never-heard-deandre-jordan

There we have it. Thanks, Frenns!

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 11:07:20 AM »

Apparently, and I am not sure how accurate this is, but Cuban was texting everyone he knows trying to get Jordan's home address. 

Cuban has blasted Broussard for that report.

Twitta Tracka
.@Chris_Broussard that's is the dumbest crap Ive ever heard. If you had any ethics u would msg me and I will give u his address

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 11:34:30 AM »
Chicken chit , Mark baby. Put the dude's crib ID on the Net and let the Dallas mofos egg the sumbitch's digs, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 11:43:29 AM »
Cuban has blasted Broussard for that report.

Twitta Tracka
.@Chris_Broussard that's is the dumbest crap Ive ever heard. If you had any ethics u would msg me and I will give u his address

Broussard is a Lebron-fanboy hack who lost his inside track to Lebron to Windhorst, now he's just a blowhard.  Bomani Jones smacked him around the other day and Cuban posterized him here.  It lost all credibility when I saw it was from him.  Even moreso when he said Cuban was driving around Dallas as if he didn't know Jordan lived in Houston.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 04:49:05 PM »
DeAndre musta learned his ethics from Bumstead who recruited the dude to A&M, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 05:59:43 PM »
Purportedly, Fegan, DJ's agent is close buddies with Cuban, and Jordan froze Fegan out of the clippers remeet here in Houston.

It was Fegan who announced the Mavericks decision...not Jordan(Jordan never said publicly, that HE chose the Mavs) so...who knows if Jordan was ever totally on board...or whether his agent (who is also Chandler Parsons agent) were pushing the Mavs choice.

Your agent is solely to represent your interests...its not cool to buddy up to, or to favor an owner/friend...if thats what Fegan did.

Due disclosure ...as a Rockets fan I enjoy the shattenfruend (sp?) of the Mavs pain.

Mavs historically,since Dirk,  haven't drafted well (best recent pick was Crowder-- who they traded), and their history is almost exclusively building through trades and Free agents...and they have struck out on almost all the key target FAs . Look at whats left on their roster...they had this coming to them.Recall, it was Cuban's choice to not re-sign his champ team, and he has been juggling, risk taking (Rondo) ever since to try to get another before 38 yr old Dirk retires.

They didnt even draft Crowder.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 08:14:28 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool if an NBA team would renege on a verbal deal with one of these here free agents. The player's union would go ape chit, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 10:52:35 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool if an NBA team would renege on a verbal deal with one of these here free agents. The player's union would go ape chit, ai na?

I can't remember the exact situation but I seem to remember that exact thing happening a few years ago -- and the union was powerless to do anything about it. Anyone else remember or have all those years of brain cell destruction finally taken care of me for good?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brandx

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 08:25:23 AM »
I can't remember the exact situation but I seem to remember that exact thing happening a few years ago -- and the union was powerless to do anything about it. Anyone else remember or have all those years of brain cell destruction finally taken care of me for good?

I think Emmanuel Sanders did it when he signed with Denver a year or two ago. Had accepted a deal from someone else - maybe KC or Oakland - and then signed with the Broncos instead.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »
They didnt even draft Crowder.

Technically, you're right, but Cleveland drafted Crowder on behalf of Dallas as part of a pre-arranged trade, so it's the equivalent of Dallas drafting him.

source?

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2015, 03:02:21 PM »

Mavs historically,since Dirk,  haven't drafted well

Off topic, but it pisses me off to no end that the Bucks had Dirk for 30 seconds before the draft night trade with Dallas. Oh well, hindsight 20/20 and all that.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2015, 01:40:57 PM »

Off topic, but it pisses me off to no end that the Bucks had Dirk for 30 seconds before the draft night trade with Dallas. Oh well, hindsight 20/20 and all that.

Dirk would've never been a buck. The Mavs had a higher pick but picked traylor for the bucks. If the Bucks didn't make the trade, the Mavs would've taken dirk before the bucks had an opportunity.